Nuno Bettencourt Was Asked to Play in GN'R

KornHoleo

yes, it's true, he was asked to join Gn'r when Buckethead left. I went to see an extreme concert in Lisbon and i had All Access to their gig in the Hard Rock and i was able to talk for a while with the band.

Obviously my first question to Nuno was Gn'r Related, what he said was that he was invited to Play but for him,and for his L.A. friends playing in a Band like Gn'r wasn't necessarily a good thing, because they didn't really play all that much, it was Axl's show, there was no real creative stuff to be done. So it wasn't a fun gig and he didn't even audition. He added that the loves Gn'r, but it just wasn't the best thing for him to be in a band with that much Hiatus. He said he knew what was goin on in there because the music circle is very tight over there, so people know how certain bands work, and that wasn't what he was looking for, but he wished them the best.

At the time, Gn'r was mostly anout Hiatus, and even though they do tour now and Chinese is outta the way, Nuno is still right, it's not a band where you get to make a record, go on tour and have fun. They've been touring this record for years, people come and go and no one's really sure what goes on over there, besides it's kinda different from what a "normal" band would do...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wow, I'm surprised Axl didn't try to get CC Deville :awesomeface:

No matter, Ashba is in GNR now and he is way more of a nancy boy than CC :rofl-lol:

I remember some years back when Dj Ashba was the greatest thing since Slash, and he even come here to chat.

When he's gone, he will get the Finck treatment.

PANCAKES