Axl's vocals were perfect throughout the concert!

iwillleaveaxlalone

sorry, you all are not rock and roll. I would agree that SOAD had a good show. maybe your happier with them, but they aint rock and roll.

Yeah, man!!! Rock and roll is waiting 2 hours in the rain to watch a guy that used to be Axl Rose piss and moan and huff and puff his way through a ten year old set of twenty five year old songs! Fuckin' rock and roll! WHOOOO!!!!

sorry, you all are not rock and roll. I would agree that SOAD had a good show. maybe your happier with them, but they aint rock and roll.

Yeah, man!!! Rock and roll is waiting 2 hours in the rain to watch a guy that used to be Axl Rose piss and moan and huff and puff his way through a ten year old set of twenty five year old songs! Fuckin' rock and roll! WHOOOO!!!!

well, with that logic, the beatles aren't rock and roll either then.

ya, its sad, people in this forum really missed it. I cant wait for the U.S. tour. I think it would be a good idea for the majority of you to go back and really watch those videos, and instead of looking for the negative, understand that this is what rock and roll is/use to be and with axl, as the last remaining vestige of that great genre, you have the last remaining opportunity to witness it.

I do understand where your head is. But maybe you are unable to grasp the magic.

ya, its sad, people in this forum really missed it. I cant wait for the U.S. tour. I think it would be a good idea for the majority of you to go back and really watch those videos, and instead of looking for the negative, understand that this is what rock and roll is/use to be and with axl, as the last remaining vestige of that great genre, you have the last remaining opportunity to witness it.

I do understand where your head is. But maybe you are unable to grasp the magic.

well this 'maget' thinks your tone deaf.

I got the same feeling I had when Muhamad Ali got the shit beat out of him in the last two fights of his career...come on champ ..go out on top..go out a winner.

RIR had none of the elements of past glories...the songs were on autopilot.. axl was kinda present to the show..if that was the best he could bring to RIR then you have to ask whats the ensuing tour gonna bring? thunder and lightning?

Show was ok! We are fans and we know how much better it will become along the tour. People worried about bad press news etc... Well, here in Brazil, I am surprised with the good news. Most of them say something about the late start, but refer to the show as 'gran finale' to RIR!

So people should come calm and relax! The show

Must go on!

Axl's vocals was out of breath,really,and estranged was a crap performance,the band was mediocre,they lost solos and riffs,BBF sucked with his mask.Wtf,you play Rock In Rio and you play so bad? Man,this is Rock In Rio,so many ppl watching you around the world! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Axl's vocals were perfect throughout the concert! I JUST WATCHED it and I think you pussies are full of magets.

I understand you all are bored, but this was a rock and roll concert. you should hear jagger from time to time.

and by the way..he doesn't look fat...I dont know why the f*^k I listened to you guys. your all full of sh*&T.

Hey dude,we all heard and saw the concert,Axl and the band were not so good,dont tryin to bitching without a reason.And yea,Axl was FAT. :thumbsdown: Iggy Pop is 20 years older and look how good he looks.

Edited by Majestic Beast

Axl's vocals was out of breath,really,and estranged was a crap performance,the band was mediocre,they lost solos and riffs,BBF sucked with his mask.Wtf,you play Rock In Rio and you play so bad? Man,this is Rock In Rio,so many ppl watching you around the world! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

How the hell is Estranged a crap preformance?

When you trying to sing Estranged after all these years for the first time and you dont even have done one god damn rehearsal,its very logical your perfomance to be not the best.Thats what i saw,if you saw a phenomenal Estranged doesnt mean we all saw it in that way.

As a MOD surely you know he's a cupcake and he's just trolling right?

I know you are intelligent enough to figure that out.

No need to fee the cupcakes.

You better wash your dirty mouth when you talk for other members you may not know,i warned you... <_<<_<

All summer long I watched bands from the 80's play the various venues...some should have called it a day 15 years ago...the band and the singer is on autopilot...they cn get up and butcher the songs and the drunks in the clubs yowl for more..They can perform drunk- play 10 songs and they get their money and move on down the road..no less no more..no harm done. the nostalgia , the yearning to hear the song from the radio is the paycheck.

HOWEVER

GNR...still commands Headliner status...sells out festivles...there is a huge difference.

Do yourself a favor..look up old estranged vids from UYI tour...study them.. watch how he put it together and how the bands subtle way of playing the song MADE THE SONG...you can play the song like the band did..to note by note perfection (kudos to nuGNR) but there is an X factor in any song...wheres it coming from??

that song requires an incredible amount of emotions and precision and energy. Hearing it for the first time in 18 years..it sounded like take 3 from the rehearsals...singing along to the music can be done in every Kareoke bar in the world.

If just hearing was enough for you..GOOD that pleasing he did his job and entertained you. Axl had some balls to attempt that song without rehearsing it with the band. given time that song could make the whole show in my opinion- if its done justice.

There are pauses and notes that get carried and pitches that come from the essence of what that song is about..ESTRANGEMENT...as with every Axl song you have to come from the place it was written to do it justice..otherwise your singing it but the effect is flat...

And heres where I hear it..most ofthese songs are 25-30 years old and have been done by Axl from as early as 84 -85...at some point most singers get "bored" with the material and thats where they usually put it aside. I hear Axl as bored...complacent with some of the songs...

Anything taken for granted usually stagnates and gets rusty..you dont pick up the guitar sitting in the corner with dust on it and magically play ..the same would hold true for any world class vocalist. You concentrate on it till you have it perfected..especially if your a world class muscian.

Consider Robert Plant of Zeppelin as a great example...he turned down a billion dollar reunion tour because he didnt want to parade the classics ..was done trying to replicate the Golden God image of the 70's. He loathes singing StairWay To Heaven with a passion..Why?? because he wrote that song as a 19 year old and its meaning is lost to him. Even though at every performance thats what the audience calls out for him to sing. He still plays Zeppelin songs but in new and interesting ways that keeps the music "fresh". Hes now in his 60's but that fuicker can still sing and when he does so..you sit up and pay attention because he sings!! the tone he takes transports you to what the song is saying...thats where all this flack is coming from for Axl at this point in time..you cant very well sing any of the GNR songs halfheartedly..you cant sing them absentmindly, you cant fake them and make them authentic. Switching to falsetto and copping out on the physicallity of the song is what singers who cant really sing do...everytime he goes "Mickey Mouse" its a declaration that he either doesnt have it anymore,or perhaps chooses not to demonstrate the effort it takes ...and friends -it takes a hell of alot of effort to sing the GNR classics. It was that attention to detail in 85-93 that distinquished Axl from every single one of his peers. That and the diversity of the music he presented. As frontman for ANY band you carry the burden for the band because usually all eyes and ears are on you...its something every singer will tell you ...you focus on the moment..and perform the shit out of the material..if you have any pride about the material. Its a show..its entertainment, its art..and the art is in the presentation.

Heres where the rub is for me...the question afterwards...how many times you rehearse that 3 times? oh twice? Lets see..you played it as a whole twice with out the emotive interaction of the singer ..got on stage in front of millions of fans and proceeded to do a good take on it. Hearing was great..was very glad to see them do it... but i for one thought it sounded run through..performed, checked off the list.

Heres the constant clcomplaint everyone is noting: You have almost a year to get ready for RIR and the best you can do is rehearse 2 weeks before the big show? Come on fellas..i know your good but really??

lts Like training for a title fight on the Monday before the the big brawl on Friday night.

great performances on all songs. you all can over analyze all you want, but this is how rock and roll is. maybe you dont like rock and roll? i dont know...justa thought. If you really are not happy with this concert...I really cant come to any other conclusion. I cant imagine fans in 76 sayin..hey...he missed a note...kill him!..

sorry gang, he may have missed a note, but you all have missed the entire concert.