New album in 2012? 2013? When?

Apollo

With the "highlights" of yet another CD tour being a cover of an acdc song and playing a song created by the old band 20 years ago......what are your guesses at the prospects Axl will release a new album?

CD came out three years ago. This tour is the...I don't even know, 3rd or 4th or 5th leg of a 10 year CD tour.

Sounds like Axl is tearing it up on this tour. The band is tight and sounding amazing.

When is your guess we will get new music?????

Who cares? Just enjoy the ride.

Well, I care.

GnR has been my favorite band since the first time I saw Jungle on headbangers ball almost 24 years ago.

Over that almost 25 year period I've purchased each album 4-5 times. Numerous merchandise. Saw them in concert a couple times.

When the old band broke up and Axl kept the name, I have been firmly in axl's corner the entire time. I've defended him hundreds if not a thousand times on this forum.

And since the old band blew up, and Axl kept the name because he had a vision......we have gotten one album of music.

I'm amazed that a lifetime fan of Axl wouldn't want to hear new music from him.

With the "highlights" of yet another CD tour being a cover of an acdc song and playing a song created by the old band 20 years ago......what are your guesses at the prospects Axl will release a new album?

CD came out three years ago. This tour is the...I don't even know, 3rd or 4th or 5th leg of a 10 year CD tour.

Sounds like Axl is tearing it up on this tour. The band is tight and sounding amazing.

I hope they will start recording in 2012 and that the record is out in 2015.

Who cares? Just enjoy the ride.

Well, I care.

GnR has been my favorite band since the first time I saw Jungle on headbangers ball almost 24 years ago.

Over that almost 25 year period I've purchased each album 4-5 times. Numerous merchandise. Saw them in concert a couple times.

When the old band broke up and Axl kept the name, I have been firmly in axl's corner the entire time. I've defended him hundreds if not a thousand times on this forum.

And since the old band blew up, and Axl kept the name because he had a vision......we have gotten one album of music.

I'm amazed that a lifetime fan of Axl wouldn't want to hear new music from him.

Mid 2012 at the earliest. But this game has been played many a time. Every time someone says an approximate date(based on not substantial evidence) that date comes and goes. Then it becomes that same day, just one year later and so on...

The music has been recorded. Axl had 2+ albums worth of music when CD was released, the next album will be the rest of the tracks.

Yeah, but I'd be first tour in USA after release "Chinese Democracy". I remember Axl saying something about doing proper tour for this album. I think once U.S. tour will end, GN'R will start writing and recording new album. I really hope songs created & recorded by Buckethead will be released too. I think 2013 is the year (and soon is the word :) )

Yeah, but I'd be first tour in USA after release "Chinese Democracy". I remember Axl saying something about doing proper tour for this album. I think once U.S. tour will end, GN'R will start writing and recording new album. I really hope songs created & recorded by Buckethead will be released too. I think 2013 is the year (and soon is the word :) )

Like I said earlier, the next album has already been recorded. It's a matter of mastering it, etc....and Axl's approval for the release.

The music has been recorded. Axl had 2+ albums worth of music when CD was released, the next album will be the rest of the tracks.

if that is true, I wonder what the reason is for waiting 4-5 years to release the second album is? You would think they would release the best of the rest.....then head to the studio with the new band to record together.

I'm not trying to be a hater. I just don't get why Axl refuses to record and release new music. His fans desperately want it.

if that is true, I wonder what the reason is for waiting 4-5 years to release the second album is? You would think they would release the best of the rest.....then head to the studio with the new band to record together.

I'm not trying to be a hater. I just don't get why Axl refuses to record and release new music. His fans desperately want it.

It's just Axl...he had a vision for these songs/albums and he just wants to follow through with his plan. From my understanding, he wanted to give Chinese Democracy a proper tour, then release the next album. I wouldn't be surprised to see it sometime in early 2012.

Parts are recorded but much remains before it is finished for release.

Tommy in May: "We have dates in October, November, and then I'm still waiting to get the 411 on what will happen next year. I think the next thing is really going to have to be someone trying to organize a record and getting it together. I think there's a really good band there to do it. But, you know, the thought of it is more daunting than a 'Mats or a Soul Asylum record combined".

Tommy in September: "Next album not in production...yet. Let's get all the shows outta the way".

Tommy in September: "A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet."

We know additional recording, especially when vocal parts are missing, will take long time. This is Guns N' Roses.

Edited by SoulMonster

Like I said earlier, the next album has already been recorded. It's a matter of mastering it, etc....and Axl's approval for the release.

I think "the next album" is recorded since 2006.... During Eddie Trunk's show, Axl said that majority of music & vocals for TWO records is done.

Good question. But i think in your post there is also an answer. It would be kinda weird to release album which was created by Buckethead (out of the band since 2004), Brain (since 2006?), Finck (2008), even if new guitarist (BBF, Ashba) would add some parts. Well, at least it would be weird for the world, I'm sure we (GN'R fans) have nothing against it :)

For me the best solution is album with the best songs Buckethead, Brain, Finck created (Ashba and BBF would record some parts too) combined with songs new band wrote. It could be even double album :)

Guest ben9785

I think there should be at least some news in 2012. I guess it makes sense that they wanted to tour "Chinese Democracy" properly around the world following its official release and I believe the US tour was the last territory they were working towards.

So once these sets of shows are over, then comes the real wait..

Guest ben9785

Bobbo, I think that if there is so much material left over from the Chinese Democracy sessions with the former members, they should put the music together on two cds, with the new artwork, re-release the album as it should have come out, and that would easily tide fans over for another year or two until the lineup in their current format get an album together.

Edited by ben9785

Are none of you guys actually reading the quotes from Tommy?

Here's more. Tommy in September: "We certainly did record a lot of stuff. We recorded three records worth of material over the course of that 10-year period, but I think that a lot of the unfinished bits were mostly lyrics and mixes and things like that." Might another record be in the works? "I'm not a liberty to talk about that. I don't get into that aspect. That's Axl's business."

Edited by SoulMonster

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I’m guessing a re-release with Going Down and Oh My God as bonus songs. Thereafter a new album entirely within two years.

I’m guessing a re-release with Going Down and Oh My God as bonus songs. Thereafter a new album entirely within two years.

If there is no re-release in stores by December, all bets are off. Theoretically it would be optimal for it to be announced and available prior to the U.S tour.