Guns N' Roses to play on a major festival Asuncion, Paraguay 15/10/11 Updates!

iSORRY

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GUNS N' ROSES

Latin American Tour 2011

October 15th of 2011

Asunción, Paraguay

Jockey Club [Personal Rock Festival]

70,000 people. [4,000 tickets avaiable]

Setlist

Edited by gunns5

Damn, for just a second there when I saw the second pic I thought Aerosmith was co-headlining. I've thought before that doing an American co-headlining tour with Aerosmith would be a good move for neo-GnR but I know Axl would never want to be opener, he'd be late and fuck things up if they were. Aerosmith would be a bigger sales draw though, they'd have to play last in this fantasy scenario. If Axl did it and was on time every night and won over all those Aerosmith audiences it would really be a great way to break back into the American market, much the way they did in the early 90s. At the very least I hope they end up at the same place at the same time someday and Steven Tyler comes out and does a song with them or something. I saw Aerosmith in Houston at a sold out show in 2010, they played over 2 hours and were amazing. From where I was sitting it didn't look like some band of guys in their 60s, it looked like a band in their prime playing badass gritty 70s rock the way it should be done. My first real concert I ever went to was Aerosmith 12 years prior, they were old then and they played even better in 2010. Those guys just blow me away and will always be a favorite of mine but I'm rambling off topic sorry......

Is it 10 days long?

Aerosmith is listed on the 25th...

As far as I can tell, it's only the 15th and the 25th - nothing in between.

So, not really a festival then? Kinda just two concerts?

I wonder if those sales numbers are for both shows combined?

I think the number of tickets sold mentioned here are for the GN'R concert. However there was an option to buy tickets for both shows at a discounted price (cheaper than single tickets for each shows), so some of those are kinda like "festival passes".

Is it 10 days long?

Aerosmith is listed on the 25th...

As far as I can tell, it's only the 15th and the 25th - nothing in between.

So, not really a festival then? Kinda just two concerts?

I wonder if those sales numbers are for both shows combined?

I think the number of tickets sold mentioned here are for the GN'R concert. However there was an option to buy tickets for both shows at a discounted price (cheaper than single tickets for each shows), so some of those are kinda like "festival passes".

Yeah those tickets sales are just for Guns N' Roses!! GNR has sold more than Aerosmith, by now! Guns has sold around 68.000 tickets, and aerosmith just 60.000 or so. The jockey club has a capacity of 70.000 so the shows are not sold out yet.

Last sales report, 68.350 tickets sold for tonight... When was the last time GNR played to a crowd like that?? in a show of their own, not in a festival.

I don't think ever. Maybe Paris Hippodrome for the pay-per-view?

They're playing at hippodrome here as well. HUGE venue.