General Admission vs. seats beside the stage

grogmug

I had general admission in New York back in 06' and Vegas in 01' (first GN'R show when I was 17), but this time I bought tickets 10 rows back from the stage in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am thinking about taking them back, seeing that general admission is still available. Do you think this is a wise choice? I'm in the section right beside the stage (Section 128), but the more I think about it, the more I want to get up front! I guess the only advantage is not having to wait. Anyone know who the opener for this show is yet?

I had general admission in New York back in 06' and Vegas in 01' (first GN'R show when I was 17), but this time I bought tickets 10 rows back from the stage in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am thinking about taking them back, seeing that general admission is still available. Do you think this is a wise choice? I'm in the section right beside the stage (Section 128), but the more I think about it, the more I want to get up front! I guess the only advantage is not having to wait. Anyone know who the opener for this show is yet?

I was 2nd row in the best section closest to stage for the Orlando show and I bought GA for the Miami show and was front row center on the floor leaning up against the raiiling right in front of Axl all night and there was no comparison, floor is MUCH MUCH more fun and exciting as long as you get there early and get a good position. I would only do it this way for GNR in the future.

I'm really debating on taking my tickets back and getting GA. Did you wait until they opened the doors and then rush the stage to get your spot? What time did you get there? Did you wait in line at least 5 hours, or how did it work? I know in Vegas, we waited around 7 hours to get front row. I thought it might be different this time around, just not sure how to go about it. It's the girlfriends first show and I know I'll want to drink it up while I'm there...just a toss up and I need opinions! Thanks...

Edited by grogmug

I have had GA floor before and I hated it!! It wasn't a GNR show but still I was right on the rail and center stage but after about 3/4 of the main act I went all the way to the back and enjoyed it more from there.

I think GNR would be an even tougher feet because if there is a 2 hour wait before they take the stage you have already been there for several hours it would be a long night.

But that is just me alot of people really like GA floor but it is just too much work for me that is why I choose lower level right beside the stage and if I have to piss or something I can go right back to my reserved seats..

Of the 5 regular shows I went to last year, I only got seats for one (the first O2 gig). They were right beside the stage, but it just felt... wrong. Luckily, there was no queue even 2 hours before doors opened the following night at the O2, so I got to the front, right-hand side of the stage (which was pretty fortunate as I got Duff's VR pick :) ). Someone told me on the first night that they saw Coldplay in the same venue and they had seats on the floor, I thought "No wonder, it's Coldplay, no one's gonna get excited during that concert".

GA is the way to go!!! I saw Guns in 02 in Cleveland had seats up close it was ok, but in 06 had GA floor up against the rail and was the time of my life!! Nothing beats being against the rail and waiting hours on end. You will eventually forget you have to piss, and its really all not that bad of a wait. Talk to security, interact with those around you and enjoy the night.

Can someone explain why Youngstown is fucking seats on the floor??? I am thinking of selling those and going to Cincy which has an open floor.