That Metal Show with guest Axl Rose [Sneak Peek]

Nosaj Thing

If you listen to Axl talking about the pressure of releasing CD in the other preview clip, I think it is obvious he would answer like that about a new album. He might be scared to put out another album because of the last experience, and he might also not want to talk about an imminent album to stay away from that pressure.

If I recall correctly, UYI also involved a great deal of pressure, so Axl having trouble releasing more material is understandable due to all albums post AFD having negative emotions attached to them (and being mentally unstable to begin with that would be a big deal). This makes me think the most probable scenario is that he doesn't have the guts or energy or whatever to put out another album. Just think of it, he is finally in a good place and is asked to go back to a place which is probably very mentally exhausting for him. But it may also be that he wants to keep it a secret.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about Axl..

Why isn't the whole.. there.. ?

You do realize this is Axl Rose were talking about, right? The guy hardly ever does interviews, much less a sit-down televised interview. He's basically the "Howard Hughes" of hard rock, and when you get a interview with him, it's all about him.

Besides, it's That Metal Show, they have a interview with their guest and that's that. Axl wanted DJ to be with him during the interview, so it's not like he wanted to be the center of attention.

It's all about Axl..

Where's Miles??? You should really quit with the trolling, you are definitely not smart enough to do it right.

I'm not siding with timestamp at all, but that comparison is dumb because Slash tours as Slash. GN'R is a band.

But it's blatantly obvious that the average person only cares about Axl in this band right now, so of course he's not gonna drag the whole band in for an interview.

It's all about Axl..

Where's Miles??? You should really quit with the trolling, you are definitely not smart enough to do it right.

I'm not siding with timestamp at all, but that comparison is dumb because Slash tours as Slash. GN'R is a band.

But it's blatantly obvious that the average person only cares about Axl in this band right now, so of course he's not gonna drag the whole band in for an interview.

But that's not really the point either, because the other guys do tons of interviews under the GN'R banner. How often does a whole band do an interview together? Npt very often. They all represent GN'R in the press, just Axl is underrepresented

It's all about Axl..

What about VR? How many "VR" interviews were done with Slash and Duff as the only guys in the video? We can do this all day it does not change shit, they wanted Axl and they had already interviewed all the other guys in the band that day...

ANyway Axl does not do these interviews, comparing that to Slash or anyone else is silly at best because they DO them sometimes maybe too often

Edited by gunsguy

It's all about Axl..

Really??? Every video I've seen that introduces the band announces them as Slash featuring, or with, Myles Kennedy.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

It is silly to compare and discuss Slash here, this is AN AXL ROSE INTERVIEW anyone here that is not remotely interested in it is lying plain and simple.

You can act all you want and whine and complain but I know damn well everyone here old or new fans will be wanting to see this interview.

I don't get that feeling with other interviews

This is such a stupid agrument and I don't know why star had to state that it's all about Axl. Of course it is, why would it not be?

It's a sit-down interview with Axl Rose, not a band interview. They never, ever do band interviews on That Metal Show. If you want interviews just search around Google or this forum, there's tons of them. But, non of them include Axl Rose. This is Axl's interview. It that isn't clear enough so that you can get the perpetual "gag order" idiom out of you head and actually realize that, hey maybe this interview was intended JUST FOR AXL ROSE.

Why you don't ban Star from this section is beyond comprehension.

It was 5 am after a 3 hour show. Maybe the rest of the guys were in bed!!!!

Star lives in this day dream world that revolves around Slash. And he would rather come to a GnR forum and bash Axl and the new band, rather than spend his time on the VR and slash sessions. It's weird.

Here's what cracks me up about the people always looking for something negative; they'll stop at nothing. For example, the interview hasn't even aired yet. You haven't seen the whole show. But by all means, don't let that get in the way of finding fault with it!

Izzy was supposed to be at the Miami show? Wow, missed opportunity. I was wondering if he was going to come out on this tour. He'll show up (& then disappear) sometime this tour, I'd bet.

Imagine Duff, Izzy, and Axl on stage sometime this tour...

Izzy was supposed to be at the Miami show? Wow, missed opportunity. I was wondering if he was going to come out on this tour. He'll show up (& then disappear) sometime this tour, I'd bet.

Imagine Duff, Izzy, and Axl on stage sometime this tour...

I'm still not getting the connection with Izzy and the SCOM story with the radio DJ. Sounds like a few different topics that he mixed and didn't get to tell then ending.

This is a BIG DEAL for guns fans. I'm so happy for Axl and the band. They seem to be in a good place right now. This new manager us off to a stellar start.

Give proPs people! This is huge.

Way to go Axl!

Is it just me or is there something in the air? Does this tour seem different and special in a very positive awesome way?

There are playing long shows, Axl is singing like he's 28, in a grand mood, earlier start times, and FULL LENGTH TV INTERVEIWS! I have become a bonafide nuttswinger lol.......