Los Angeles December 21st

bumblecool

I am in the parking lot right now. HOLY SHIT what a show! How did the stream sound? The band sounded amazing in person

Stream was great! Frank is a fuckin' drum machine!

Ha definately! I love the changes he did for the intro to Rocket Queen, it gave the song even more groove

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at all the hatin' on DJ...the surprise...was...the...stream...I'm not a huge fan of the guy but all this rippin' on him is absurd...

I don't think anyone is really serious about being that upset with him.

The main, if not the only reason, is that he said "surprises".

Had he said "We've got a surprise in store for the LA show!", I think everyone would agree that the stream was what he was referring to. But in this case, many people, myself included, figured the stream was just one of the "surprises" he talked about.

anyone disappointed in a random live stream of a full concert out of no where, with the band playing a great show, must have not been in this forum during 2003, 2004, and 2005. now that was disappointing. tonight was awesome.

Add in 2009 too. So much expectation after the release of Chinese Democracy then... nothing.

I am in the parking lot right now. HOLY SHIT what a show! How did the stream sound? The band sounded amazing in person

Ha definately! I love the changes he did for the intro to Rocket Queen, it gave the song even more groove

Hope you had a blast bro!

You GnR fans will never be happy with anything.

LIVE FUCKIN' STREAM!!!!

HOW COOL IS THAT?

This is the best surprise from nu GnR ever!

Get live stream. Pissed off because there are no surprises.

Get Estranged. Fuck that, I want a new song!

What next? When we get a new song it'll be. I wanted two!

Or Axl takes us all on a trip to disneyland. People will just be complaining it ain't Universal Studios or something :shrugs:

This sums up exactly what the mood is around here and it's sad. The other post is also perfect where he says if you bitch about the current status of the band, then you weren't around in the "dark ages" (2003-2006). 2006 when we were all getting hard-ons because we saw a picture of Axl at a party that Korn threw , and he talked about the song titles that we already had. That was as much as we got then, now we got real time,pro shot , 3 fucking hour live shows. Anybody who NEEDS more is greedy.

Edited by uzi your illusion

My ears are ringing but fuck it was so worth it haha. What stood out to me was how much life the newer songs took in a live setting. The album versions - although good in their own right - seemed a little too "sterile" and produced IMO but live they groove and have a harder punch to them. Madagascar impressed the fuck out of me - I never really caught onto to it but live it is a totally different beast. All in all it was an amazing show.

Dj obviously meant the stream now,its our fault for reading too much into it, this is GnR we're talking about.

I have a feeling we will hear OMG sooner than we think.....Maybe New Year's

You a prophet or somethin?

We better hear it by Vegas otherwise ill have to edit my signature

Hope you had a blast bro!

Thanks man! It was such a great fucking night