Los Angeles December 21st

bumblecool

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think anyone's mentioned a funny moment yet. As most people know, Axl introduces each guitarist for their solo, and introduced Richard Fortus for his. Later in the show (think it was during Knockin' on Heaven's Door?), Richard's playing some sweet-ass guitar, and Axl says, "Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Richard Fortus!" Then later on, near the end of the song, Axl must have realized he introduced him twice, and says "Did I mention Richard Fortus?" The band was killing themselves laughing.

Highlights tonight for me (only saw from YCBM onward) would be November Rain, Civil War, Knockin' on Heaven's Door, and Better. Actually, the entire encore. And while I've never been a huge fan of the various guitar solos, i must say I love Ron's Pink Panther take. Have probably heard it 5 or 6 times now and still really enjoy it each time.

How was the mix of the show. Better than other times like RIR06? Axl´s voice??

Axls voice wasn't the problem, however Tommy's...

Can you be more clear? What was the problem?

You can hear Tommy singing backing vocals on the stream. Sounded awful. It could have been Dizzy though.

You can hear Tommy singing backing vocals on the stream. Sounded awful. It could have been Dizzy though.

The whole show??

Nah, more like a quarter of the show. Tommy sang really well for his solo spot so maybe it was Dizzy

Is Madagascar the most played CD song? I'm struggling to remember gigs where they haven't played it. I guess it's one of those songs that means a lot to Axl. Was fucking awesome at O2 last year.

I think Street of Dreams is the most played song from Chinese Democracy. Madagascar is on the 2nd and title track is on 3rd place.

The whole show??

Someone should take the mic away from Dizzy! It didn't ruin anything as such, it was more funny

Is Madagascar the most played CD song? I'm struggling to remember gigs where they haven't played it. I guess it's one of those songs that means a lot to Axl. Was fucking awesome at O2 last year.

I think Street of Dreams is the most played song from Chinese Democracy. Madagascar is on the 2nd and title track is on 3rd place.

According to wikipedia (from 2001 to December 17th 2011):

Steet of Dreams - 228

Better - 186

Madagsacar - 183

Chinese Democracy - 178

Sorry - 108

This I Love - 97

Throughout the whole show a hot chick was doing the "snake dance" right next to me. Needless to say it was pretty fucking awesome :P

Was she wearing a santa hat?

Unfortunately not lol

You should have seen her. I could have sworn she flashed but my video fucked up at that appropriate moment. Oh well going to watch it again soon

Throughout the whole show a hot chick was doing the "snake dance" right next to me. Needless to say it was pretty fucking awesome :P

Was she wearing a santa hat?

Unfortunately not lol

You should have seen her. I could have sworn she flashed but my video fucked up at that appropriate moment. Oh well going to watch it again soon

Pssh who needs new songs, this is what I call a good suprise! :P