Axl really found his look on this tour!

Guns n' Swedes

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the Hannibal Lecter on Vacation look he's got going on.

The only thing I'd add would be one of these canes:

m_235_pimp_cane.jpg

2006 was the light saber (Hammerstein) , 2011 "the cane"

In 2006 people hated the look he had then though, at least many did and he constantly got shit cause of the braids. He looked amazing in 2006, he looked like when he was young with the exception of the braids. He looked real good in the tms interview, when he smiled it took me right back to his early interviews, people make it worse than it is really. Yes hes changed but he will be fifty soon! Also looking at the tms interview he does not need to lose weight (eddie trunk does) he really looked good there, its the concert pix that he doesnt seem to look his best on, probably a mix of his jackets which makes him look real big at times and because hes performing, pulling faces cause he is singing etc. He doesnt come across as good in pictures there days but on footage he does so much better. Even my friend said that if he would just lose the moustache he would look really good and she is not a gnr fan so she has no bias. When he had the braids she couldnt look past them, she said they ruined his look completely but on tms she thought he looked great except for the stache. I guess my point is just that someone will always be unhappy with his looks but I think people are too hard on his looks, hes not a fashion model after all. Plenty of rock stars are not good looking, some never even were! But we still listen to them cause they are good at what they do, not cause of their looks so give Axl a break. The man is on top of his game right now and people focus more on his looks than on his performance which I think is pretty sad.

Back on this topic again? Honestly?? :xmassrudolph:

For some reason, the MYGNR community (The majority of which are male.) loves to discuss Axl's looks. I don't get it either.

To be fair, the opening post was about his look and not his looks. Axl is probably the rockstar out there most famous for his look, from the 80's style through the cool UYI look, which he must've worked hard on, up until the ridiculous '02 look, Axl has always been a celebrity you could dress up as at a hallowen party because of his very worked out looks. Since he has really worked on his different looks through the years, it is not all that weird that the latest gets discussed.

2001-2002 was just awful in terms of looks I think. 2006 was ok, but the braids and some of the clothes were just WEIRD.

2010 and 2011 is spot on I think. He really looks like a true rock icon again!

Yeah, I think he would be Axl again if he just took off the hat, jacket and shades. All he needs is tshirt jeans and maybe a bandana. Dunno why he wears all the layers.

the t-shirts will look great, better than the open shirts :shrugs:

I always get a kick out of the subtle homo jokes whenever Axl's appearance is brought up. There is nothing gay about men talking about how another man looks. When it is "that guy looks like such a bad ass" it's fine. But when it is "he kind of looks fat and has weird style" it's gay. Nonsense. His look has always been a huge part of his persona. It is a valid topic point. It gets a little too in depth sometimes, but that's stalker creepy, not gay.

I think he looks good now probably because Jarmo is touring with the band and adding fashion tips and probably has a lot of influence on what Axl wears.

LOL you crack me up man!!!!!!

But really who cares -- I don't think us fans would have any influence on what clothes Axl wants to wear!

I always get a kick out of the subtle homo jokes whenever Axl's appearance is brought up. There is nothing gay about men talking about how another man looks. When it is "that guy looks like such a bad ass" it's fine. But when it is "he kind of looks fat and has weird style" it's gay. Nonsense. His look has always been a huge part of his persona. It is a valid topic point. It gets a little too in depth sometimes, but that's stalker creepy, not gay.

Thank you! I always ignore the gay stuff. whats wrong with discussing the "look" (clothes, style) of the worlds, perhaps most famous rock star?

I am interested in those things anyway and I think he looks very cool nowadays. I like some of the hats.

I was a fan of the 2006 look, because he looked bad-ass. Leather jackets, sunglasses, the whole look just tied in so well, he looked like a rock star. In 2011 the half-zippered leather jacket with the white shirt coming out at the bottom just doesn't like normal. I wonder what happened to the flannel shirt he wore always when he sang Sweet Child O' Mine in 2010, or the button down sleeveless shirt from 2006? I just think if he wore less he would be more comfortable, because wearing all the necklaces, bracelets, jackets and shirts, top if all off with running around for 2.5-3 hours, I don't see how.

But, I really don't care to be honest, as long as he's kicking ass on stage every night, and being the rock star he truly is, than that's good enough.

I think he looks good now probably because Jarmo is touring with the band and adding fashion tips and probably has a lot of influence on what Axl wears.

Didn't Jarmo have a job at one point?

I wanna know what the job titles are for Jarmo, Del, and Fernando. All awesome guys, I just wanna know exactly what their job titles are while on tour.

I must be the only one who liked his 2000 era look ! :tongue2::rofl-lol:. To me he he has always been hot!.

I was thinking he should get rid of the hats... I liked them now I wanna see his hair more... So I want him to get rid all the hats... now.. Jackets I kinda agree on now too... hell he should just play naked :shock: Jk.... :tongue2: But yeah still looking hot now... No complaints coming my way...... I just wish he would get rid the bandana and hats sometimes.. let his hair flow <_<.

Edited by Melly4Axl