"Tommorrow Never Comes"

Guest Gunns

Not sure where all of the IRS love comes from, it's one of my least favorite tracks on the album. I could do without Rhiad, If the World, and IRS. But good for me, right? :tongue2:

The vocals are spellbinding.

The love comes from people with certain tastes? I loved the use of the drum machine and actual live drums. Robin and Buckethead rocked. Rhiad was bad ass, should be played live and If The World is probably GN'R of the future. A blend of electronic industrial music mix with hard rock. Bucket's Spanish guitar was a nice touch.

I know most complain how overproduced the whole album was but that's what I love about it. So many new crazy things you notice on each listen. Like demonic voices on TWAT I have yet to hear.

I would quit being a fan if you were right about that. That turd is worse than Just Another Sunday for me.

Maybe he didn't want to make it "Tomorrow Never Knows" because it would've been too obvious. Wouldn't surprise me if was originally that.

Dalsh,you are one of the few reasons I stick around,you make intelligent,cohesive posts.

The more than obvious reason I mentioned "tomorrow never knows" is that catcher is undeniably about salinger,Chapman and Lennon.

It's not an earthshaking revelation,but I being a Beatles fan,enjoy the subtleties as well and it adds a dimension to the song.

I love If the World...

Me too, it's one of my favorite songs on the album. The variety between each song on the album and within each song themselves is one of the main reasons why I love Chinese Democracy so much.

It has everything I want in an album. Hard rockers, ballads, experimental, its very well done. I think it has Axl's greatest vocals to date and each musician performed so well.

Catcher In The Rye is one of the most beautifully crazy songs, I adore the book and disagree with Axl's opinion on it but it's cool he made a song about how it linked into Lennon's murder regardless.

Catcher in the Rye has a history,its a toxic book that sticks to your thoughts like poisonous crazy-glue. The Bell Jar,by Sylvia Plath is another book in the general genre,read them both,won't be reading them again.

The fact that Chapman had the book in his possession,as well as several Beatles cassettes is no surprise.Also,the Gvts (American and British) had been keeping records on Lennon for years,for his anti-war stance and controversial views.

Being intelligent,well spoken and refusing to buy into the Lies we are sold,Unfortunately makes you a Target.

Catcher In The Rye is one of the most beautifully crazy songs, I adore the book and disagree with Axl's opinion on it but it's cool he made a song about how it linked into Lennon's murder regardless.

Catcher in the Rye has a history,its a toxic book that sticks to your thoughts like poisonous crazy-glue.

Lol.

Blaming The Catcher in the Rye for John Lennon's death is no different than blaming Judas Priest for that one teenager's suicide and his friend's attempted suicide.

I wonder if the trance like state that someone with holden caulfield syndrome goes into is a bit like time becoming a loop in Tomorrow Never Knows. Chapman seemed to get stuck in some state of mind but the following through with his ideas never happened, so tomorrow never comes, he just kind of got more and more fixated and angry.

Catcher in the Rye has a history,its a toxic book that sticks to your thoughts like poisonous crazy-glue.

Lol.

Blaming The Catcher in the Rye for John Lennon's death is no different than blaming Judas Priest for that one teenager's suicide and his friend's attempted suicide.

Sorry,don't speak Leet and I'm not that shallow. Not "Blaming" Catcher in the Rye for Chapman's actions, I've read some background history on it,but this isn't the place to post it.

And the Judas Priest episode,as well as Ozzy's Suicide Solution cases were both Ludicrous and without merit. The PMRC shit was useless as well. :rolleyes:

I agree that it's not a great book to show to shool kids because they just think cool I'm like holden go buy a hat and a shotgun. it's like trying to use Call of Duty 4 to teach the realities of war.

Tipper Gore was a friend of mine.

fucked up dont know why you poor little boy.

Richey left Catcher in the Rye with his passport before disappearing lol

Kurt's lyrics to Breed could have been inspired by the book too. it's exactly what Holden was talking about running away.

Every junior at my school was required to read it. Not a single person had the thought that Holden was cool, much less that they should go shoot someone. Most people, to be honest, just cared about passing their classes and didn't really give the book much thought. That's what happens with most required books, with the exception of a handful of AP kids.

In fact, I'm probably the only person at my school who liked Holden, now that I think about it. Everybody was calling him a whiny little bitch.

i think the reasons they teach the book is so the kids might identitfy with the character. but really the book is saying don't grow up. but it was kind of cool anti establishment book in the 60s. but now it might be better to watch Wall Street which is also misunderstood.

It's my AP English teacher's all-time favorite book. He acts exactly like Holden, and he named his daughter Phoebe. He has some rare copy of the book, and he used to go to school with a red hunting hat and a shirt that says, "All morons hate it when you call them a moron." :rofl-lol: He was hardcore. When he went to New York, he made a point to take pictures of all the places mentioned in the book with that hat on.

He was probably my favorite teacher, though. Cynical motherfucker. I loved it.