Traci About Axl: "He is more simple for someone that was played in a complicated world"

auad

In an interview with Examiner.com, Tracii Guns talked about the impressions that the world has of his former companion, Rose. For the guitarist, he is a really weird guy, as many think.

He's more of a simple guy who got thrown into a complicated world. That's really the best way that I can describe that. 'Cause I knew him . . . [Guitarist] Izzy [stradlin] was already living with me at my Mom's house when Axl came up to LA to be in a band with Izzy. So a very young, nineteen-or-twenty-year-old Axl was soft-spoken, intelligent . . .would kick anyone's ass for you if he was your friend. He always had the fight in him, there's no denying that. He always had the fight in him.

But I also think - which is one of the reasons I left Guns 'N Roses in the first place - once we started having this very minor success here in L.A., Izzy and I were running into problems with him. His extended speeches on stage, this newfound power . . . the power of his voice to communicate how he felt about situations on stage. At that time we were allotted an hour; you know, you go up there, you've got an hour to play your songs and then get the hell off the stage.

The first show we did ten songs, a couple of shows we did nine songs, and then the last few shows I did, we were literally playing five or six songs and then letting Axl just stand there and talk, and tell everybody what he thought. Which is great, but for me personally, I wasn't playing music to support any cause, or any local clothes maker or whatever.

And I think that he found that that worked for him; that he could be a voice to be reckoned with, and you're not gonna cross him. And he stuck to those simple values of, "You say something bad about me, I'm gonna f*ck you up." To the point where he is a Howard Hughes type, where he took forever to make a record, it came out, some people like it and some people don't . . . he's got a band of great musicians now. They don't play very often; when they do, there seems to be a little bit of iffiness about it.

You know, he's doing it his way, but I don't think he's that weird a cat. I think that he has an unrealistic view of the world. That doesn't necessarily make him weird. It just means . . . Michael Jackson kinda went through the same thing of really not having a childhood, for instance. How do you cope in the adult world when you already have everything, you can have anything, and then you have to deal with an adult on an adult, educated level?

Here's what my Dad says: "The day you get your record deal is the day you stop maturing."

http://www.examiner.com/classic-hard-rock-in-national/interview-with-l-a-guns-guitarist-tracii-guns

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

But I also think - which is one of the reasons I left Guns 'N Roses in the first place - once we started having this very minor success here in L.A., Izzy and I were running into problems with him. His extended speeches on stage, this newfound power . . . the power of his voice to communicate how he felt about situations on stage. At that time we were allotted an hour; you know, you go up there, you've got an hour to play your songs and then get the hell off the stage.

The first show we did ten songs, a couple of shows we did nine songs, and then the last few shows I did, we were literally playing five or six songs and then letting Axl just stand there and talk, and tell everybody what he thought. Which is great, but for me personally, I wasn't playing music to support any cause, or any local clothes maker or whatever.

But Tracii, this is why we love Axl.

Traci Guns has about as much influence on GNR musically and Tracy the back up singer in the UYI tour

It's jut not Guns N' Roses without Tracy and Traci.

Fuck Tracy! Roberta all the way!

I wonder where those chicks are nowadays.

Were they hot? I don't remember.

Traci Guns has about as much influence on GNR musically and Tracy the back up singer in the UYI tour

you don't remember because you were just an itty bitty baby back then

you don't remember because you were just an itty bitty baby back then

I have YouTube though, and I was actually 5.

Axl's main fan base consists of people not old enough to vote.

Only the impressionable, and hype-prone could take songs like Madagascar - seriously. Perhaps when they ween themselves off Raspberry Bacardi, and nude Axl Rose pictorials - they could be just a hair more objective.