Traci About Axl: "He is more simple for someone that was played in a complicated world"

auad

Has Tracii even talked to Axl since 85-86?

That would be my point too!!!

I'm sure at the Rainbow, they've crossed paths once or twice in 25 years. But I guess it's an interesting insight to him seeing Axl gaining confidence because he was in a good band, which only got better. I'm sure Tracii felt slighted when GNR made it big and felt it was fucked up that his name made serious amounts of money, that he could've used. LA Guns got the attention because they wrote about him as an original member, so he can't complain too much.

It's kind of surprising a southern rock band didn't think of GNR first though, because if you never heard a note of their music, could see a band with that name playing with bands like Skynyrd, The Outlaws, Molly Hatchet. All I know is that midwestern bands didn't have the diversity of music you'd get in a place like Chicago or LA, and if Axl was playing in bands in the late 70s-early 80s, is prob. burying those few tapes that exist for a reason. Although it would be interesting to hear a young Axl singing Cheap Trick or KISS.

Would be a good interview question - what did he sing in his first bands before going to LA? Man on a Silver Mountain? Since You've Been Gone?

tracyroberta.jpg

anything related to the topic. but anyway, two hot bitches crazy to be fucked.

Not sure what you're saying about the topic, but there were several mentions of Tracy and Roberta and what they looked like earlier in the thread. The pic is of them (backup singers on the Use Your Illusion tour).

• 2 years later...
And he stuck to those simple values of, "You say something bad about me, I'm gonna f*ck you up." To the point where he is a Howard Hughes type, where he took forever to make a record, it came out, some people like it and some people don't . . . he's got a band of great musicians now. They don't play very often; when they do, there seems to be a little bit of iffiness about it.

This is hilariously true

And he stuck to those simple values of, "You say something bad about me, I'm gonna f*ck you up." To the point where he is a Howard Hughes type, where he took forever to make a record, it came out, some people like it and some people don't . . . he's got a band of great musicians now. They don't play very often; when they do, there seems to be a little bit of iffiness about it.

This is hilariously true

It is scary accurate. And pretty funny.

Tracii Guns will forever be known as a mediocre guitar player who helped come up with the GNR name and do about as much with his career, or even less, than Dj ashba did.