On this day 20 years ago...

MishoGunsNRoses

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best moments on UYI; 14 Years, Pretty Tied Up, Dust n Bones etc were all Izzy. Izzy and Axl is one of the greatest songwriting partnerships imo

True that but don't forget Coma and Locomotive, both of them were Slash's babies. Oh, and almost forgot: Axl's lyrics on both songs were brutally amazing :thumbsup:

Isn't there an unreleased song by Axl and Izzy recorded for CD?

there is a song Down On The Ocean that Izzy once talked about

I think is 'Down By The Ocean'. I'm still waiting for that song. :shocked:

Edited by pi2loc

He doesn't follow dictators or Ayatollah's.

Yeah, that's why he didn't want to be Slash's bitch in Velvet Revolver. Suck on that, you perpetual trolling cocksucker.

By the way, why would you make "dictator" plural and "Ayatollah" possessive? Must be a language barrier or something. Keep studying those English as a second language classes. You'll get it one day. Maybe.

Seconded! Everything I was thinking that's fit to print.

Yeah, that's why he didn't want to be Slash's bitch in Velvet Revolver.

Great point.

The Axl haters always fail to mention that.

And they forget that Izzy has actually played with the current band on numerous occasions. Has he played with VR or on slash's solo tour?

+1 - why don't the Sonsofsaul clamour more for Izzy?

"Sonsofsaul" :lol::thumbsup:

That's not a great point... as I'm sure you know, the opposite is actually true which makes this ironic in a hilarious way. Izzy was totally down for VR, which means playing with Slash, until the idea of getting a new front-man/lead singer scared him off because of past relationships with lead singers (Axl). So, like I said, the opposite is true.

:rolleyes: It seems hilarious that people really believe that the make believe 'project' of 4 ex gunners minus the front-man (or any real front-man for that matter) was ever going to be a distinct possibility...

:thumbsup:

That's not a great point... as I'm sure you know, the opposite is actually true which makes this ironic in a hilarious way. Izzy was totally down for VR, which means playing with Slash, until the idea of getting a new front-man/lead singer scared him off because of past relationships with lead singers (Axl). So, like I said, the opposite is true.

:rolleyes: It seems hilarious that people really believe that the make believe 'project' of 4 ex gunners minus the front-man (or any real front-man for that matter) was ever going to be a distinct possibility...

:thumbsup:

Totally stealing that terminology,very creative :xmasssanta:

Izzy was the glue that held the songwriting aspect of the old band together. I'm really not surprise that his departure was the end of any original music from that line-up. That said, he needed to leave for his own sobriety and sanity and I completely understand.

Great point.

And they forget that Izzy has actually played with the current band on numerous occasions. Has he played with VR or on slash's solo tour?

The rest of your post was addressed already. Not only did Izzy play live with VR but he recorded a song on Slash's solo album.

lol

Oh you're so full of shit. You wanna play? Is this srs bzns for you? Fine, I'll play. "Let's play" -Desperado

First of all, like I said before, I was counter-trolling SONOFABITCH. SONOFABITCH is a well known anti-Axl anti-Gnr anti-mygnrforum incessant moron whose entire existence is predicated upon trolling this board. Don't believe me? Go to gunsnfnroses.com, where they trash Gnr, and organize, yes organize trolling campaigns on this site. Although from my research, the number of actual cupcakes is fewer than one would think. I believe a lot of the cupcakes on this board are alts/socks of cowards and banned posters, most of them teenagers.

Second of all, Izzy was not "totally down for VR," you fucking liar. If you were any kind of GnR or VR historian, then you would've watched the well-circulated interview where Mr. Tophat himself said Izzy was too flighty to ever join VR. Whoops! In that same interview, Slash mentions that at some point it was getting a tad awkward for the rhythm guitarist in VR (the guy who looks like a member of the village people) because Izzy's status with the band was sort of ethereal. Everyone knows Izzy is a gypsy wanderer. And that's an apt description, as Izzy never had any intention to join VR, he just was jammin with some old buddies. So you can take your "totally down for VR" lie and shove it up your ass, no offense. ; )

Third of all, your other little lie about "the idea of getting a new front-man/lead singer scared him off" is a bunch of horseshit too. A steaming pile. Gee whillakers, golly gee there mister spin doctor, do ya think Izzy was under the impression there was going to be no singer in VR? Your premise is preposterous. If Izzy was gonna join VR from the get-go, he (and the rest of the universe except you) probably woulda thunk there was gonna be a singer. erp derp

Fourthly, and to dovetail with the the above point, ask yourself something, and try not to lie to yourself (or to us), what's the REAL reason Izzy didn't join VR? C'mon now, I know for some reason the truth bothers you, but let's be honest here since you're so focused on setting the record straight. Izzy had no intention of joining VR because he knew it (him joining) would basically validate all the exaggerations and heroin/alcohol-inspired mis-remembered bullshit Slash was incessantly spewing in the media at the time about Axl. Izzy knew that it would wound Axl. As the astute gnr historian that you are, I'm sure you know that Izzy and Axl were friends since childhood. Izzy knew that all the shit Slash said about Axl was skewed. Now, is Axl innocent and not culpable for the shenaniganry in the old days? Helll no. But what you and all the other Slasholes seem to be brainwashed into thinking is that Axl was the only one who contributed to the shenaniganry. That's horseshit. Lemme tell ya something, YOU try touring or working with raging alcoholics and heroin addicts. I don't blame Axl for some of his actions during 91-94. But let's be very clear, EACH member contributed in their own way to the break down and destabilization of the old band. Remember that, buddy.

Remember this, Izzy joined GnR on stage a few years ago to play a coupla songs. Oh what now brown cow? Did you notice that when Axl brought that up in the chats, he seemed to be almost hurt that Izzy had negotiated a big cash grab for those appearances with management, which Axl found out about later. You know why that possibly bothered Axl and was a little bit saddening? Because Izzy's his friend. If he wanted to come up on stage and jam, he could've contacted Axl and said "hey man, I need some dough, can I jam with y'all?" While his appearance with the band was special either way for all parties, both his and Axl's communication style (or lack thereof) and aloofness contributed to Axl feeling a bit bothered by the fact Izzy got an obscene amount of money to play with GnR unbeknownst to Axl. Obviously, Axl wasn't bothered that much and byond that those two have a lifelong friendship even if Izzy is a flighty gypsy (which Axl is keenly aware of). Now unlike you, I'll admit that this paragraph is speculation. But the point here is this: Axl and Izzy are friends. Suck on that. Izzy's not gonna dis his friend by joining VR. Duff and Matt (and top hat) weren't lifelong friends of Axl, just former bandmates.

Finally, go re-read Archer's post. He summed it up quite excellently and succinctly.

I guess Izzy was onto something when he quit. He was the 1st to see it was the beginning on the end.. the end of the classic GN'R.. in true Terminator style, Axl raised GN'R from the ashes.. sure it sounded different, and didn't please eveyone.. but Axl managed it..

that reminds me: NIN - The Begining of the End

Edited by vaida

Who knows if it was an obscene amount of money, it was just the fact he discussed it with his manager behind his back.

Izzy helped in the early stages of VR, but I don't think he wanted to do anything more than reconnect, it wasn't out of respect to Axl as much as it was for Dave Kushner already being integrated into the band, and had he been a full time member, would've turned into a bullshit VR vs GNR rivalry that would've created a backlash against VR. But Izzy also kept his distance from addicts, and Weiland went to that band with a full on addiction... Stradlin would have left anyway.

It would've been interesting if they had the quartet with Duff and Izzy singing, but it would've had to have been under an indie label, not something to put out on a major.

Edited by dalsh327

Great point.

The rest of your post was addressed already. Not only did Izzy play live with VR but he recorded a song on Slash's solo album.

lol

Oh you're so full of shit. You wanna play? Is this srs bzns for you? Fine, I'll play. "Let's play" -Desperado

First of all, like I said before, I was counter-trolling SONOFABITCH. SONOFABITCH is a well known anti-Axl anti-Gnr anti-mygnrforum incessant moron whose entire existence is predicated upon trolling this board. Don't believe me? Go to gunsnfnroses.com, where they trash Gnr, and organize, yes organize trolling campaigns on this site. Although from my research, the number of actual cupcakes is fewer than one would think. I believe a lot of the cupcakes on this board are alts/socks of cowards and banned posters, most of them teenagers.

Second of all, Izzy was not "totally down for VR," you fucking liar. If you were any kind of GnR or VR historian, then you would've watched the well-circulated interview where Mr. Tophat himself said Izzy was too flighty to ever join VR. Whoops! In that same interview, Slash mentions that at some point it was getting a tad awkward for the rhythm guitarist in VR (the guy who looks like a member of the village people) because Izzy's status with the band was sort of ethereal. Everyone knows Izzy is a gypsy wanderer. And that's an apt description, as Izzy never had any intention to join VR, he just was jammin with some old buddies. So you can take your "totally down for VR" lie and shove it up your ass, no offense. ; )

Third of all, your other little lie about "the idea of getting a new front-man/lead singer scared him off" is a bunch of horseshit too. A steaming pile. Gee whillakers, golly gee there mister spin doctor, do ya think Izzy was under the impression there was going to be no singer in VR? Your premise is preposterous. If Izzy was gonna join VR from the get-go, he (and the rest of the universe except you) probably woulda thunk there was gonna be a singer. erp derp

Fourthly, and to dovetail with the the above point, ask yourself something, and try not to lie to yourself (or to us), what's the REAL reason Izzy didn't join VR? C'mon now, I know for some reason the truth bothers you, but let's be honest here since you're so focused on setting the record straight. Izzy had no intention of joining VR because he knew it (him joining) would basically validate all the exaggerations and heroin/alcohol-inspired mis-remembered bullshit Slash was incessantly spewing in the media at the time about Axl. Izzy knew that it would wound Axl. As the astute gnr historian that you are, I'm sure you know that Izzy and Axl were friends since childhood. Izzy knew that all the shit Slash said about Axl was skewed. Now, is Axl innocent and not culpable for the shenaniganry in the old days? Helll no. But what you and all the other Slasholes seem to be brainwashed into thinking is that Axl was the only one who contributed to the shenaniganry. That's horseshit. Lemme tell ya something, YOU try touring or working with raging alcoholics and heroin addicts. I don't blame Axl for some of his actions during 91-94. But let's be very clear, EACH member contributed in their own way to the break down and destabilization of the old band. Remember that, buddy.

Remember this, Izzy joined GnR on stage a few years ago to play a coupla songs. Oh what now brown cow? Did you notice that when Axl brought that up in the chats, he seemed to be almost hurt that Izzy had negotiated a big cash grab for those appearances with management, which Axl found out about later. You know why that possibly bothered Axl and was a little bit saddening? Because Izzy's his friend. If he wanted to come up on stage and jam, he could've contacted Axl and said "hey man, I need some dough, can I jam with y'all?" While his appearance with the band was special either way for all parties, both his and Axl's communication style (or lack thereof) and aloofness contributed to Axl feeling a bit bothered by the fact Izzy got an obscene amount of money to play with GnR unbeknownst to Axl. Obviously, Axl wasn't bothered that much and byond that those two have a lifelong friendship even if Izzy is a flighty gypsy (which Axl is keenly aware of). Now unlike you, I'll admit that this paragraph is speculation. But the point here is this: Axl and Izzy are friends. Suck on that. Izzy's not gonna dis his friend by joining VR. Duff and Matt (and top hat) weren't lifelong friends of Axl, just former bandmates.

Finally, go re-read Archer's post. He summed it up quite excellently and succinctly.

You can print it but you cannot rewrite history you sir are a hack!

Who knows if it was an obscene amount of money, it was just the fact he discussed it with his manager behind his back.

Re-read the chats with Axl plz.

"Thiago: What's the reason you rejected the invitation to join Velvet Revolver?

Izzy: I wanted a quartet: Slash, Duff, Matt and I, but they really wanted a singer so much, and, as we know, the singing one is the quite problematic one sometimes. So I decided to simply go on with pursuing my solo interests.

Thiago: It is certain that you suggested that Duff and you would do the vocals in the band?

Izzy: Yes. That would have been the best solution."

http://www.chopaway.com/viewtopic.php?id=477

Shut up. Everything you said about me being a liar, how the reason you made stuff up was "counter trolling", your long winded explanations based on nothing, your insults to me personally, your bringing Izzy playing with Axl into it (nothing to do with the point about VR),your bringing up heroin in the old days (nothing to do with the point about VR), your mocking me because I said Izzy didn't want a lead singer, can all be best explained by the above quote. I'm not going to argue with someone who writes in the way I just described.

#1: I like how you exempted SONOFABITCH. I see how it is: It's okay to cupcake about Axl, but a big no-no to cupcake about Slash. Got it.

#2: If you spent any time on this board, you would know that people here say WAY worse things than I said to you. If you're going to be that sensitive, stay off a Guns n Roses messageboard. Go read Axl's and Bumble's threads on this very site, mister politically correct.

#3: You sir, are very talented at what you do, creating new alt accounts and spinning things relentlessly. No really, bravo. Now allow me to give YOU a quote:

Recognizing that their musical relationship was still intact,[20] the trio began rehearsing with Todd[20] and Nelson, working on material that would become "Dirty Little Thing",[21] but eventually decided against forming a group with them.[22][23] During a Loaded show at Hollywood's Viper Room,[23] McKagan introduced Kushner to Slash, who were previously friends in junior high and high school.[17][24] Kushner was invited to jam with the group and was soon invited to join with Slash, stating that "Dave brought a cool vibe to what [they] were doing. There was no deliberation; that was it, it was a perfect fit."[24] Their former Guns N' Roses band mate Izzy Stradlin also joined them for two weeks,[25] eventually suggesting that "Duff and [stradlin] will sing and [they] will just do a club tour in a van." Slash states in his autobiography that it was hard to tell if Stradlin was serious or kidding.[26] After auditioning Kelly Shaefer of Atheist and Neurotica,[20] Stradlin left the group.[26]

While Shaefer's audition was unsuccessful, the quartet continued auditioning for a lead singer, with VH1 filming the recruitment process[27] while being referred to as the temporary name "The Project".[20] The resulting documentary was aired as VH1 Inside Out: The Rise of Velvet Revolver. A number of lead singers auditioned for the band, including Todd Kerns, formerly of Age of Electric,[28][29][30] Sebastian Bach, formerly of Skid Row,[31] Shawn Albro of U.P.O.,[29] and Travis Meeks of Days of the New.[32] Myles Kennedy, formerly of The Mayfield Four, declined an invitation from Sorum to audition.[33] Ian Astbury of The Cult and Mike Patton of Faith No More[34] also declined audition offers.[34] The band were also interested in auditioning Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland, who had become friends with McKagan after attending the same gym.[35][36] Weiland once played on the same bill as Kushner,[31] and was in rehab at the same time as Sorum.[31][36] Weiland was sent two discs of material,[35] and felt that the first disc "sounded like Bad Company gone wrong."[35] When he was sent the second disc, Weiland was more positive, comparing it to Core-era Stone Temple Pilots,[35] though he turned them down because Stone Temple Pilots were still together.[31]

Well well well, it would seem there are shades of grey, aren't there? Hmmm.

#4: Any time a noobie like you joins this forum, but yet steps in like like they've been here before not missing a beat, and then tries to act offended, and then tries to discount certain points about Slash while being very focused on quote unquote setting the record straight on Axl, usually means only one thing: You're a long-ago banned poster who's trying desperately to continue with your lame-assed agenda. Yeah, I admit, wikipedia seems to corroborate SOME of what you said, but not ALL of what you said. In fact, some of it seems to COMPLETELY CONFLICT with your supposedly factual account. *cough* bullshit *cough* I love how it's Slash's own book which destroys one of your main premises.

You seem to be very selective about which points you want discussed. Oh right, because I offended you. I guess you're offended by Bumble and Axl too, maybe you should just quit being a fan.

The thing that sticks out the most though is how much you seem to not care as much about Axl being smeared by others. You're just another Slashole. But I'll give you this: you're more talented than most of them. ; ) Lighten up buddy, welcome to the interwebz. We got fun n games.

[edit: fixed quotes, polished grammar ; ) ]

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

This guy for real?

Izzy: I wanted a quartet: Slash, Duff, Matt and I, but they really wanted a singer so much, and, as we know, the singing one is the quite problematic one sometimes. So I decided to simply go on with pursuing my solo interests.

Thiago: It is certain that you suggested that Duff and you would do the vocals in the band?

Shut up. Everything you said about me being a liar, how the reason you made stuff up was "counter trolling", your long winded explanations based on nothing, your insults to me personally, your bringing Izzy playing with Axl into it (nothing to do with the point about VR),your bringing up heroin in the old days (nothing to do with the point about VR), your mocking me because I said Izzy didn't want a lead singer, can all be best explained by the above quote. I'm not going to argue with someone who writes in the way I just described.

#1: I like how you exempted SONOFABITCH. I see how it is: It's okay to cupcake about Axl, but a big no-no to cupcake about Slash. Got it.

#2: If you spent any time on this board, you would know that people here say WAY worse things than I said to you. If you're going to be that sensitive, stay off a Guns n Roses messageboard. Go read Axl's and Bumble's threads on this very site, mister politically correct.

#3: You sir, are very talented at what you do, creating new alt accounts and spinning things relentlessly. No really, bravo. Now allow me to give YOU a quote:

Recognizing that their musical relationship was still intact,[20] the trio began rehearsing with Todd[20] and Nelson, working on material that would become "Dirty Little Thing",[21] but eventually decided against forming a group with them.[22][23] During a Loaded show at Hollywood's Viper Room,[23] McKagan introduced Kushner to Slash, who were previously friends in junior high and high school.[17][24] Kushner was invited to jam with the group and was soon invited to join with Slash, stating that "Dave brought a cool vibe to what [they] were doing. There was no deliberation; that was it, it was a perfect fit."[24] Their former Guns N' Roses band mate Izzy Stradlin also joined them for two weeks,[25] eventually suggesting that "Duff and [stradlin] will sing and [they] will just do a club tour in a van." Slash states in his autobiography that it was hard to tell if Stradlin was serious or kidding.[26] After auditioning Kelly Shaefer of Atheist and Neurotica,[20] Stradlin left the group.[26]

While Shaefer's audition was unsuccessful, the quartet continued auditioning for a lead singer, with VH1 filming the recruitment process[27] while being referred to as the temporary name "The Project".[20] The resulting documentary was aired as VH1 Inside Out: The Rise of Velvet Revolver. A number of lead singers auditioned for the band, including Todd Kerns, formerly of Age of Electric,[28][29][30] Sebastian Bach, formerly of Skid Row,[31] Shawn Albro of U.P.O.,[29] and Travis Meeks of Days of the New.[32] Myles Kennedy, formerly of The Mayfield Four, declined an invitation from Sorum to audition.[33] Ian Astbury of The Cult and Mike Patton of Faith No More[34] also declined audition offers.[34] The band were also interested in auditioning Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland, who had become friends with McKagan after attending the same gym.[35][36] Weiland once played on the same bill as Kushner,[31] and was in rehab at the same time as Sorum.[31][36] Weiland was sent two discs of material,[35] and felt that the first disc "sounded like Bad Company gone wrong."[35] When he was sent the second disc, Weiland was more positive, comparing it to Core-era Stone Temple Pilots,[35] though he turned them down because Stone Temple Pilots were still together.[31]

#4: Any time a noobie like you joins this forum, but yet steps in like like they've been here before not missing a beat, and then tries to act offended, and then tries to discount certain points about Slash while being very focused on quote unquote setting the record straight on Axl, usually means only one thing: You're a long-ago banned poster who's trying desperately to continue with your lame-assed agenda. Yeah, I admit, wikipedia seems to corroborate SOME of what you said, but not ALL of what you said. In fact, some of it seems to COMPLETELY CONFLICT with your supposedly factual account. *cough* bullshit *cough* I love how it's Slash's own book which destroys one of your main premises. Epic! Whoops! lulz

You seem to be very selective about which points you want to discuss. Oh right, because I offended you. I guess you're offended by Bumble and Axl too, maybe you should just quit being a fan.

The thing that sticks out the most though is how much you seem to not care as much about Axl being smeared by others. You're just another Slashole. But I'll give you this: you're more talented than most of them. ; ) Lighten up buddy, welcome to the interwebz. We got fun n games.

Great point.

lol

Ouch :thumbsup:

Great point.

lol

Are you for real?

What is "ironic" and "lol" about that?

So at the end of the day, did Izzy choose to play with VR or not? Yes or no?

And your main point is hilarious - so maybe that's where your "lol" comes into play. So Izzy wanted to play with Slash, Duff and Matt.....but when they were going to add a singer to the band, he chose not to.....because of his experience with Axl? Holy crap, thee way you Slash lovers/Axl bashers twist things is amazing. Hey, my grandma got sick last week and had to go to the hospital......my car's power steering went out.....and we got 6 inches of snow in my town, which led to several traffic accidents. You know what caused all of that misfortune????? Axl Rose. Ya, I blame him for everything that goes wrong in the world.

#4: Any time a noobie like you joins this forum, but yet steps in like like they've been here before not missing a beat, and then tries to act offended, and then tries to discount certain points about Slash while being very focused on quote unquote setting the record straight on Axl, usually means only one thing: You're a long-ago banned poster who's trying desperately to continue with your lame-assed agenda. Yeah, I admit, wikipedia seems to corroborate SOME of what you said, but not ALL of what you said. In fact, some of it seems to COMPLETELY CONFLICT with your supposedly factual account. *cough* bullshit *cough* I love how it's Slash's own book which destroys one of your main premises.

You seem to be very selective about which points you want discussed. Oh right, because I offended you. I guess you're offended by Bumble and Axl too, maybe you should just quit being a fan.

wow. You're really something else. Settle down bro. All I said was that it was funny that people were saying the reason Izzy isn't in VR was because he didn't want to work for Slash, when, from the interview I posted it seemed like it was a fear of working under another Axl that scared him away. That's it, your long winded posts barely address what I actually said. I will address your points though.

1. What did SONOFABITCH say? I commented on a post by (I can't scroll thru the thread so forgive me if the name is off) grogan. It's not okay to cupcake about anything (unless it's funny, in which case I wish I was trolling because I definitely trolled the shit out of you by your emotional novels you keep writing me hahaha)

2. It's just funny and a sign of defeat when someone starts spouting off personal insults. Like, that's all you got left to try and prove your point? (Rhetorical question). I'm not offended by someone calling me names online it just shows their immaturity and makes me not want to bother responding, but alas, here I am.

3. What? This isn't even a point about anything just more assumptions about me since you don't like my post. About the quote: Lol, I quoted from Izzy's mouth, you quote wikipedia, the part I bolded is the only part that talks about Izzy and it says nothing against Izzy's quote. It seems your making facts out of, well, nothing to counter my quote from the horses mouth.

4. What? Some of what I said not all of what I said? My post was like three sentences making one point. I then showed a quote by Izzy saying EXACTLY what I posted. You're making it seem like I typed out this long hate filled spiel (sort of like your first reply to me). I fail to see why this is such a big deal to you and why you're making so many assumptions about me.

I don't care if Axl is smeared by others? Dude, where are you getting this shit? Like 60% of what you're saying to me is just hate of what you THINK I am and nothing to do with my one post in this thread. A slash hole? Uhh, ya I like Slash who doesn't here? I also like Axl. I REALLY like them together but that seems to be sacrilege around here so I only say that in the reunion section (which btw, you probably shouldn't look at my posts there or you might have an aneurysm do to the stress).

EDIT:

So I see his name is Groghan, perhaps you missed my post on the previous page?

http://www.chopaway....opic.php?id=477

Keep arguing, though

What is ironic is you guys were trying to make Slash look bad in favour of Axl by saying Izzy didn't want to work with Slash, the irony is Izzy DID want to work with Slash but didn't want a new dominating lead singer like one's he had in the past. Do you see the irony now? It's pretty cut and dry, no? What is lol is the irony. Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? I hope that clears it up. Grohan, you must have missed that quote yes?

Bravo! Sometimes their passion for Axl blinds them from the reality of the situation. Can't really argue with something that's straight from the horse's mouth. Especially the "as we know, the singing one is the quite problematic one sometimes"...

I get that Izzy and Axl have a good relationship now. But I doubt that he would be willing to work with him again on a regular basis, like he would've with Slash, Duff, and Matt had their been no lead singer.

+1

wow. You're really something else. Settle down bro. All I said was that it was funny that people were saying the reason Izzy isn't in VR was because he didn't want to work for Slash, when, from the interview I posted it seemed like it was a fear of working under another Axl that scared him away. That's it, your long winded posts barely address what I actually said. I will address your points though.

1. What did SONOFABITCH say? I commented on a post by (I can't scroll thru the thread so forgive me if the name is off) grogan. It's not okay to cupcake about anything (unless it's funny, in which case I wish I was trolling because I definitely trolled the shit out of you by your emotional novels you keep writing me hahaha)

2. It's just funny and a sign of defeat when someone starts spouting off personal insults. Like, that's all you got left to try and prove your point? (Rhetorical question). I'm not offended by someone calling me names online it just shows their immaturity and makes me not want to bother responding, but alas, here I am.

3. What? This isn't even a point about anything just more assumptions about me since you don't like my post. About the quote: Lol, I quoted from Izzy's mouth, you quote wikipedia, the part I bolded is the only part that talks about Izzy and it says nothing against Izzy's quote. It seems your making facts out of, well, nothing to counter my quote from the horses mouth.

4. What? Some of what I said not all of what I said? My post was like three sentences making one point. I then showed a quote by Izzy saying EXACTLY what I posted. You're making it seem like I typed out this long hate filled spiel (sort of like your first reply to me). I fail to see why this is such a big deal to you and why you're making so many assumptions about me.

I don't care if Axl is smeared by others? Dude, where are you getting this shit? Like 60% of what you're saying to me is just hate of what you THINK I am and nothing to do with my one post in this thread. A slash hole? Uhh, ya I like Slash who doesn't here? I also like Axl. I REALLY like them together but that seems to be sacrilege around here so I only say that in the reunion section (which btw, you probably shouldn't look at my posts there or you might have an aneurysm do to the stress).

EDIT:

Keep arguing, though

What is ironic is you guys were trying to make Slash look bad in favour of Axl by saying Izzy didn't want to work with Slash, the irony is Izzy DID want to work with Slash but didn't want a new dominating lead singer like one's he had in the past. Do you see the irony now? It's pretty cut and dry, no? What is lol is the irony. Why is this so hard for you guys to understand? I hope that clears it up. Grohan, you must have missed that quote yes?

Bravo! Sometimes their passion for Axl blinds them from the reality of the situation. Can't really argue with something that's straight from the horse's mouth. Especially the "as we know, the singing one is the quite problematic one sometimes"...

I get that Izzy and Axl have a good relationship now. But I doubt that he would be willing to work with him again on a regular basis, like he would've with Slash, Duff, and Matt had their been no lead singer.

And what is the reality of the situation Bobbo? You seem to know everything that goes on with the band including, but not limited to, album sales and personal relationships between band members. When are you going to write this book that details your connection to Gn'R?

Why are you still the only source on the internet that says that CD sold less than 5 copies or whatever number you decide is appropriate for the moment? What were the last words that Axl and Slash said to each other? You have all of this inside info and you choose not to tell anyone? That's what is referred to as being a selfish dick Bobbo.

And that's not half as bad as the fact that you are holding out the secret of time travel from the rest of humanity. Seriously, you go back to attend any meeting that the band has ever had (You aren't old enough to have been there.) and you can't do anything to make the world a better place? That makes no sense.

@Knife-Chase:

The bottom line is Slash's own book annihilates your premise about Izzy being "totally down for VR." Also, if you watch the interview with Slash (which you seem to have conveniently missed for some reason), it also corroborates the fact that Izzy's transient nature was a surefire indicator to all involved that he wasn't gonna be in the band.

Furthermore, the wikipedia quote I included in my last post seems to contradict quite a few things you're asserting. However, unlike me (who acknowledged that it corroborated SOME of what you said), you seem unwilling to admit you've skewed quite a few things. I encourage you to read it. Pay close attention to the timeframe of Izzy's involvement (2 weeks), and the timeframe when VR was auditioning singers (and who those singers were) in relation to Izzy's two-week stint with them. I know you like to keep re-pasting that interview repeatedly in some sort of vain victory lap, but the truth is Izzy had an unrealistic vision for a VR quartet. Touring in a van with just him, Matt, Duff, and Top hat? Kushner already in the band? Do you see how your premise is sort of falling apart because Izzy wasn't being ultra super literal with his statements in the interview? You can keep re-pasting the interview repeatedly, but the truth is you've spun quite a few things, and the majority of them have been completely exposed.

I still believe that part of Izzy's reticence had to do with his friendship with Axl. When they were auditioning singers, I'm sure it occurred to him how it might look to Axl if he too (izzy that is), was in the band. Remember: Izzy made a statement about him and Duff taking over vocals for their van tour. That van tour gnr leftovers quartet idea is a lot different from what was already materializing with Kushner and vocalist auditions. Izzy and Axl have a bond, and that, of all things, you can't deny. Izzy jammed with VR for two weeks then went on his merry way.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

EDIT:

Keep arguing, though

And what is the reality of the situation Bobbo? You seem to know everything that goes on with the band including, but not limited to, album sales and personal relationships between band members. When are you going to write this book that details your connection to Gn'R?

Why are you still the only source on the internet that says that CD sold less than 5 copies or whatever number you decide is appropriate for the moment? What were the last words that Axl and Slash said to each other? You have all of this inside info and you choose not to tell anyone? That's what is referred to as being a selfish dick Bobbo.

And that's not half as bad as the fact that you are holding out the secret of time travel from the rest of humanity. Seriously, you go back to attend any meeting that the band has ever had (You aren't old enough to have been there.) and you can't do anything to make the world a better place? That makes no sense.

What? Never claimed I had inside knowledge, apparently, you're missing the whole point.

People on this board were claiming all these things about Izzy not wanting to work with Slash, and yadda yadda. Then Knife Chase posted an actual quote from an interview with Izzy himself, specifically saying he didn't want to join the band with a lead singer. So I commended him for doing the one thing most people on here seem to never do. Actually post evidences of your claims. Bam. Straight from the horse's mouth. That was the reality of the situation. How can you get anymore concrete than that?

As for the 5 million thing, where has there, besides one guy from Chile that claimed he heard five million. There's strong evidence that suggest otherwise, and it was never officially confirmed what it sold. I just think it's not at 5 million, as it would've been high on the charts worldwide after it hit it's 2.6 million mark, and it wasn't. Please post me all these other sources that say 5 million sold.

Or better yet, post it on the wikipedia page for Chinese Democracy, and see how long it stays. You'd think with "every other source on the internet saying it did sell 5 million" there would be some concrete source to site. Or maybe I'm just more powerful and all knowing than I thought. :rofl-lol:

Who are you quoting with your "every other source" quote there? I have one source for each argument. A website from Chile, and you.

Why are you guys arguing about Izzy? Is he in Guns n' Roses? Is he in Velvet Revolver? Is he touring with Slash? He's played live with both VR and Guns n' Roses so it's quite obvious that he's friends with both Axl and Slash right? The whole Izzy argument is stupid and pointless because it's painfully obvious that he is just going to do what he wants to.

Edited by Damn_Smooth