On this day 20 years ago...

MishoGunsNRoses

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Izzy was the anchor from which Axl and Slash tethered. He was the musical missing link between the two. Unfortunately he was replaced by that no-talent smug dingleberry Gilby "I look like Izzy that's why I was hired" Clarke. Ok I'm not bitter. ; )

However Steve's sound and style will always be the thing I miss most from the old band. No offense to all the Slash worshippers or Izzyites. ; )

Steve is the most fun drummer to air-drum to, ever.

He doesn't follow dictators or Ayatollah's.

Yeah, that's why he didn't want to be Slash's bitch in Velvet Revolver. Suck on that, you perpetual trolling cocksucker.

By the way, why would you make "dictator" plural and "Ayatollah" possessive? Must be a language barrier or something. Keep studying those English as a second language classes. You'll get it one day. Maybe.

Yeah, that's why he didn't want to be Slash's bitch in Velvet Revolver.

Great point.

The Axl haters always fail to mention that.

And they forget that Izzy has actually played with the current band on numerous occasions. Has he played with VR or on slash's solo tour?

Great point.

And they forget that Izzy has actually played with the current band on numerous occasions. Has he played with VR or on slash's solo tour?

He has played on VR tour but not on Slash solo tour.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh61wwDoyGQ

Actually from the sounds of it based on interviews and such it was the whole concept of lead singers that Izzy wasn't to keen on regarding VR (because of past experiences). Well that and the fact that he perfers to be low key. Nothing to do with "being Slash's bitch". Not that it really matters, but I personally haven't seen any quotes from Izzy or anyone in VR stating as such

Edited by WhazUp

Actually from the sounds of it based on interviews and such it was the whole concept of lead singers that Izzy wasn't to keen on regarding VR (because of past experiences). Well that and the fact that he perfers to be low key. Nothing to do with "being Slash's bitch". Not that it really matters, but I personally haven't seen any quotes from Izzy or anyone in VR stating as such

Clearly I was just counter trolling that moron, not being literal. I know Izzy is reclusive.

Great point.

He has played on VR tour but not on Slash solo tour.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh61wwDoyGQ

He did not play on Slash's solo tour but he was on the solo record.

A significant and sad anniversary. "Old Guns" effectively died when Izzy left the building- at least as any sort of song-producing entity. The rest of the drawn out UYI touring, mega videos, TSI?, "Sympathy For The Devil", etc. was just playing out the string before calling it a day...

On another front- not sure I see the need to bang on Gilby so much though. He wasn't Izzy- sure- but he at least did his small part to help keep the dysfunctional GN'R circus rolling through 1993... I also dig Pawnshop Guitars and The Hangover... but that's just me.

Great point.

+1 - why don't the Sonsofsaul clamour more for Izzy?