Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross - Immigrant Song (with Karen O)

ITW 2012

Eh its alright, I have heard Reznor do much cooler covers. The original had such a chemistry between the execution of the music relating to the lyrics. This version just sounds like they are trying too hard to make it into something different

Ann Wilson of Heart recorded the song a couple of years ago. It was okay, but prob. should've done it back in the 90s. She'd have been my pick when Page, Jones and Jason Bonham were looking for a singer.

I thought Trent's "Hall of the Mountain King" for the Facebook movie was pretty good, and know this version of the trilogy is a bigger budget and will have more action in it. I guess that's Reznor's plan on his soundtracks with Atticus - do a bunch of original songs, and include one cover with someone else singing (other than Trent and Mariqueen).

I don't think NIN is completely over, but he spent the past decade touring and putting NIN music out pretty fast. Now he does his soundtracks, gets his Oscars, spruced up PHM, but sounds very involved in the "Year Zero" miniseries, but when he put that CD out, it was kind of left unfinished as a concept.