Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

I got a couple for a 4 spot each. Would have been nice to be one of the few who got them via the site and phone number but oh well. Who knows the prices may go down as the next couple months pass but I decided to just get them and not worry about it. Sec 47.

Normally prices on StubHub do go down as the event nears, but this event is totally different. The HOF won't be releasing additional tickets as the event nears, and as more information about the festivities comes out the induction will get publicized more and drive up demand. If it's big name stars that will do the honors, demand will spike. And if there is any sort of confirmation that Axl will appear with Slash and the old members, demand will go through the roof.

If there's confirmation Axl will perform with the original members, you'll have to take out a mortgage to afford a ticket.

that is my prediction as someone who is involved in the ticket industry, if Guns announce they are going to play with Axl and Slash and the old guys, you wont see anything for less then $1,000-1,500 on the aftermarket, only way tickets will get cheaper is if Axl announces he will not be there and Slash announces he wont be there as well, even still you have enough fans of the other bands and people wanting to go for the novelty of the event that I doubt you will see tickets for less then $300

The only announcement Axl would make is if he was definitely not going. Too soon to tell. And Wenner wants it that way. But Ed Trunk thinks they voted GNR first time up in thinking they'd guarantee a reunion, but I'm not so sure that's the case. They guaranteed a discussion, that's about it.

But was thinking with Rod there and Axl there, good excuse to sing "Sailing".

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't able to get tickets right away. I mean, shit, I knew they would sell out the first day, but I thought I had a bit longer than til 10:02 to get them...

Trying Craig's list. Trying ANYTHING I can to get to this thing.

Oh no Bobbo, you're gonna miss the big parking lot rumble between the Slash dingleberry chewers and the Axl nut huggers. What will they do without you? Don't feel too bad though, I'm skipping out too. I never had an interest to go see Slash, Matt and Steven accept an award. Then again, Duff might show too, he's popping up everywhere I hear. Still no interest on my part though.

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't able to get tickets right away. I mean, shit, I knew they would sell out the first day, but I thought I had a bit longer than til 10:02 to get them...

Oh no Bobbo, you're gonna miss the big parking lot rumble between the Slash dingleberry chewers and the Axl nut huggers. What will they do without you? Don't feel too bad though, I'm skipping out too. I never had an interest to go see Slash, Matt and Steven accept an award. Then again, Duff might show too, he's popping up everywhere I hear. Still no interest on my part though.

I couldn't care less about "Axl vs Slash" bullshit. This is one of my favorite bands, and I wanted to be there in person for it, simple as that.

Even if Axl is a no show, it'll be great honoring the people that made GNR what it is, and all the rest of them will probably be there. I personally don't mind Myles singing the songs, especially with most of the people who contributed to them backing him up, so it won't be that much of a loss for me. And Chili Peppers will be there too, so that's another plus for me.

I couldn't care less about "Axl vs Slash" bullshit. This is one of my favorite bands, and I wanted to be there in person for it, simple as that.

Even if Axl is a no show, it'll be great honoring the people that made GNR what it is, and all the rest of them will probably be there. I personally don't mind Myles singing the songs, especially with most of the people who contributed to them backing him up, so it won't be that much of a loss for me. And Chili Peppers will be there too, so that's another plus for me.

I'm pretty sure neither Axl or Izzy will be there. Since they wrote most of everything, I don't consider not being there much of a loss. It would be nice if you could see the rest of them though. I'm thinking tickets from second hand dealers are going to be pretty expensive. Good luck.

I just can't picture Axl being cool with Slash accepting on behalf of a band that Axl helped form in 1985 and he alone kept going up to today. I really think Axl would get pissed off if Slash was the first one to speak.

I'm pretty sure neither Axl or Izzy will be there. Since they wrote most of everything, I don't consider not being there much of a loss. It would be nice if you could see the rest of them though. I'm thinking tickets from second hand dealers are going to be pretty expensive. Good luck.

Well Duff and Slash contributed A LOT to the musical process of the old days, so that would be good enough for me anyhow. I'm pretty sure Izzy will be there. There's no reason for him not to be. I think Axl and Dizzy will be the only ones not there. I'm aware tickets aren't gonna be $50-100 anymore, but, I can afford to dish out some additional dough for this.

I hope I am never in the position where I need to buy tickets online and turnaround to put them on stub hub and gauge the price. Fucking get a real job losers. Now I am shut out.

I can't stand it when people buy tickets for the sole purpose of reselling them for profit, I have always refused to pay above face value for any ticket.

They could have reduced the scalping for this event by charging a higher face value. And if they had made all the tickets Will Call Only with photo ID required, that would have completely eliminated the scalping.

Considering 99% of the seat locations I'm seeing or hearing about are at the very back of the venue, I'd guess far fewer tickets were offered for sale than we realize.

Will Call is the way to go nowadays, at least for bigger shows where the probability of re-sellers is that much higher.

That being said, I did manage to get a pair of close floor seats for Rush on eBay for less than face value the day of the show last summer. Of course, the gamble there is making sure they e-mail you the tickets in time, but the guy had 100% feedback with a little disclaimer that said he will e-mail the tickets by a certain time the day of the show. All positive feedback for other tickets he had sold so you couldn't really go wrong. I remember for AC/DC someone was selling a pair of 200 level tickets for the Rogers Centre for $500 in my local classifieds but I found a pair of side-stage lower bowls for far less than that. What I'm saying is that sometimes you can actually get a good deal, but I do disagree with the notion of selling them for more just to make a profit. I agree with the original quote - get a real job.

What I find the most annoying is scalpers outside the arena. The worst thing about them is all the annoying "Hey Buddy, you need a ticket?" or "I've got tickets, anybody buying or selling?" because if they would just stop to think about it logically - why the fuck would I be walking towards the line and standing in it if I didn't have the damn ticket? :lol:

I hope I am never in the position where I need to buy tickets online and turnaround to put them on stub hub and gauge the price. Fucking get a real job losers. Now I am shut out.

I can't stand it when people buy tickets for the sole purpose of reselling them for profit, I have always refused to pay above face value for any ticket.

They could have reduced the scalping for this event by charging a higher face value. And if they had made all the tickets Will Call Only with photo ID required, that would have completely eliminated the scalping.

Considering 99% of the seat locations I'm seeing or hearing about are at the very back of the venue, I'd guess far fewer tickets were offered for sale than we realize.

Will Call is the way to go nowadays, at least for bigger shows where the probability of re-sellers is that much higher.

That being said, I did manage to get a pair of close floor seats for Rush on eBay for less than face value the day of the show last summer. Of course, the gamble there is making sure they e-mail you the tickets in time, but the guy had 100% feedback with a little disclaimer that said he will e-mail the tickets by a certain time the day of the show. All positive feedback for other tickets he had sold so you couldn't really go wrong. I remember for AC/DC someone was selling a pair of 200 level tickets for the Rogers Centre for $500 in my local classifieds but I found a pair of side-stage lower bowls for far less than that. What I'm saying is that sometimes you can actually get a good deal, but I do disagree with the notion of selling them for more just to make a profit. I agree with the original quote - get a real job.

What I find the most annoying is scalpers outside the arena. The worst thing about them is all the annoying "Hey Buddy, you need a ticket?" or "I've got tickets, anybody buying or selling?" because if they would just stop to think about it logically - why the fuck would I be walking towards the line and standing in it if I didn't have the damn ticket? :lol:

The only thing that makes the tickets expensive is the anticipation of seeing a GNR reunion, or they're hardcore Chili Pepper/Rod Stewart fans that want to see a lot of rock legends in one place. Found out a lot of the people who vote bands in are past inductees.

Well Duff and Slash contributed A LOT to the musical process of the old days, so that would be good enough for me anyhow. I'm pretty sure Izzy will be there. There's no reason for him not to be. I think Axl and Dizzy will be the only ones not there. I'm aware tickets aren't gonna be $50-100 anymore, but, I can afford to dish out some additional dough for this.

The only reason I don't think Izzy will be there is because I don't think this means anything to him. Slash and Duff might be able to persuade him though, so there's a chance. Again, good luck in your quest, I hope it works out for you.

What I'm saying is that sometimes you can actually get a good deal, but I do disagree with the notion of selling them for more just to make a profit. I agree with the original quote - get a real job.

Absolutely there are last minute deals to be had on Ebay and StubHub. Sometimes it's because the seller was asking for too much early on and now they have to unload the tickets in a hurry because it's the day of the event. Other times people find themselves with one or two extra tickets at the last minute. If the seller's feedback is good, you can buy in confidence. The seller HAS to sell the tickets, otherwise he's out the money. The buyer doesn't HAVE to buy those tickets if there are plenty of other tickets available. Therefore the buyer has the upper hand, and can hold out for his price :thumbsup:

Craigs List I would never use for tickets, too many people have gotten ripped off with fake tickets.

heart-attacks_0.jpg

then if you don't mind Myles singing GnR tunes while the appetite line-up gets unducted to the HOF, please NEVER COMPLAIN AGAIN about the actual line-up!

Then why not including Tommy, BBF or even Josh Freese, they belong there far more than Myles Kennedy!

you're a bloody hypocrit!

Edited by Laparka

up

heart-attacks_0.jpg

then if you don't mind Myles singing GnR tunes while the appetite line-up gets unducted to the HOF, please NEVER COMPLAIN AGAIN about the actual line-up!

Then why not including Tommy, BBF or even Josh Freese, they belong there far more than Myles Kennedy!

There is no way a gentleman like Myles Kennedy would open himself up to the shit some of you people sling. The only way anyone will sing in Axl's place is if he does not show up. If that happens it will be his own fault that another singer is brought in. For that matter the only members being inducted that have confirmed are Sorum and Adler. If they are the only members that show up they will not need a singer period.

Edited by sleeper

up

heart-attacks_0.jpg

There is no way a gentleman like Myles Kennedy would open himself up to the shit some of you people sling. The only way anyone will sing in Axl's place is if he does not show up. If that happens it will be his own fault that another singer is brought in. For that matter the only members being inducted that have confirmed are Sorum and Adler. If they are the only members that show up they will not need a singer period.

Slash has said he will be there. I would link you, but I'm at work and on my phone.

I just want to know to the hopeful reunion diehards? If the "original" GNR do not play together that night, nor they share the same stage. Would you guys finally accept that it will NEVER happen? As for myself, I have nothing but respect for everyone who has made Guns N Roses what it is today. I am very happy the way Guns is today. I am soo happy my favorite singer is having sooo much fun playing music with bandmates he likes .I would hate for Axl to be forced up on stage with Slash and not look like he is having fun. People (haters) say that Axl keeps the name Guns N Roses because of money and greed. Not the reason at all. If Axl was really all about the money, he would "suck it up" and just play with the old bandmates. I hope it is a good night for all GNR fans.

up

heart-attacks_0.jpg

Slash has said he will be there. I would link you, but I'm at work and on my phone.

Since the induction was announced Slash has thanked the fans on twitter and said he was honored. But he has not confirmed yet.

up

heart-attacks_0.jpg

Since the induction was announced Slash has thanked the fans on twitter and said he was honored. But he has not confirmed yet.

He said he would definitely be there before the nomination, I see no reason why he would change his mind. His love of media would prevent him from not attending.

What I'm saying is that sometimes you can actually get a good deal, but I do disagree with the notion of selling them for more just to make a profit. I agree with the original quote - get a real job.

Absolutely there are last minute deals to be had on Ebay and StubHub. Sometimes it's because the seller was asking for too much early on and now they have to unload the tickets in a hurry because it's the day of the event. Other times people find themselves with one or two extra tickets at the last minute. If the seller's feedback is good, you can buy in confidence. The seller HAS to sell the tickets, otherwise he's out the money. The buyer doesn't HAVE to buy those tickets if there are plenty of other tickets available. Therefore the buyer has the upper hand, and can hold out for his price :thumbsup:

Craigs List I would never use for tickets, too many people have gotten ripped off with fake tickets.

Indeed. Sometimes if you happen to be free and are looking for a night out, eBay tickets are the way to go. That's what the Rush deal was. I had already seen them on that tour but the show was good enough to see again and I happened to have a day off work the day of the second show so I said, why not?

Agreed on craigslist. One of my friends thought he scored a great deal on tickets (from Kijiji - it's basically Craigslist but just in Canada I think) and they were fakes. They had photo-shopped the e-tickets from Ticketmaster. He said he should have known - the seller wanted to meet at a mall instead of the seller's house, which is alright for hard tickets, but he was confused why the guy wouldn't just e-mail them to him. Because of the mall thing, he had no clue who the guy was or how to find him again. He probably couldn't have checked into it with the e-mail address and stuff but he paid little for the tickets so he wasn't out much. Thankfully he realized before he left for the show. I forget what it was that gave it away but something was a little off on one of the tickets.

up

heart-attacks_0.jpg

He said he would definitely be there before the nomination, I see no reason why he would change his mind. His love of media would prevent him from not attending.

Slash has his new cd coming out in April that will be his priority. Plus he witnessed the VH train wreck first hand. We will just have to wait until he confirms. Like I said in my op so far the only two confirmed are Matt and Steven.

up

heart-attacks_0.jpg

Slash has his new cd coming out in April that will be his priority. Plus he witnessed the VH train wreck first hand. We will just have to wait until he confirms. Like I said in my op so far the only two confirmed are Matt and Steven.

That would be great promotion for his CD don't you think? I am willing to bet you anything that he will be there. You name it. Unless he has some sort of emergency.