Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was anyone able to get tickets? I went on to get them right at 10 for the member presale yesterday, brought up tickets and then lost them due to a system error, couldn't pull any more up yesterday or today... :(

I could get only a single ticket, my friend is gonna be pissed but hey I tried to get two. I'm not gonna not go because I couldn't get two.

You have GNR fans from all over the world along with Beastie/Peppers/Faces etc fans wanting to buy tickets and I've been told approx only 5,000 in total were available for sale. The place holds 10,000 and that includes the floor which was not available for sale, so there was a hell of a lot more demand than supply. Yesterday's member-only allotment went in about two minutes, today's general public allotment went in about 30 seconds.

They really should hold these inductions in a bigger venue.

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

I got two of the $50 ones. The problem is that it changed my country during the order, so they're not shipping to the United States. I gotta figure that shit out.

I came across an individual ticket twice, but I passed on both. Don't want to go alone and I don't want to be the cunt that puts them on ebay when real fans want them. I probably should've used a different card and a brother's address for one, though. Would've ensured an individual here to go for legit cost.

Well I got a couple tix via stub hub in the Lower balcony. Here's to hoping somehow Axl shows up with the rest of them.

You mind me asking what you paid? I have better seats than the two sets on ebay going for $1,100 and $900.

I got a couple for a 4 spot each. Would have been nice to be one of the few who got them via the site and phone number but oh well. Who knows the prices may go down as the next couple months pass but I decided to just get them and not worry about it. Sec 47.

The more I think on this, the more I think Axl should pull an MJ: Motown 25. Say, yeah, I'll perform with them if I get to do my thing right after.

I mentioned that to my brother, actually. Get Axl to do Welcome to the Jungle and/or Sweet Child with the originals, then let him show where the band is now and where it's going. Let him to Better or Street of Dreams. I'm all for that.

I got two of the $50 ones. The problem is that it changed my country during the order, so they're not shipping to the United States. I gotta figure that shit out.

I came across an individual ticket twice, but I passed on both. Don't want to go alone and I don't want to be the cunt that puts them on ebay when real fans want them. I probably should've used a different card and a brother's address for one, though. Would've ensured an individual here to go for legit cost.

I think all you do is call customer service and hope they don't fuck it up. I don't see the big deal of selling off tickets above and beyond cost if people are willing to pay the price in an auction, and they're the ones driving the price up in a bidding war.

The more I think on this, the more I think Axl should pull an MJ: Motown 25. Say, yeah, I'll perform with them if I get to do my thing right after.

I mentioned that to my brother, actually. Get Axl to do Welcome to the Jungle and/or Sweet Child with the originals, then let him show where the band is now and where it's going. Let him to Better or Street of Dreams. I'm all for that.

I'd actually like to see the current band do a couple of the songs as part of the regular show, everyone come up to get the award, and then towards the end, have the AFD era come out for WTTJ.

Which country are they shipping to?

Hell yes! Someone on GNRevolution suggested having a couple guys from the new band induct GN'R which I think would be rad too.

But man would it be bad ass for Axl to do WttJ with the guys getting inducted then do Better with the new line up directly after!

I got a couple for a 4 spot each. Would have been nice to be one of the few who got them via the site and phone number but oh well. Who knows the prices may go down as the next couple months pass but I decided to just get them and not worry about it. Sec 47.

Normally prices on StubHub do go down as the event nears, but this event is totally different. The HOF won't be releasing additional tickets as the event nears, and as more information about the festivities comes out the induction will get publicized more and drive up demand. If it's big name stars that will do the honors, demand will spike. And if there is any sort of confirmation that Axl will appear with Slash and the old members, demand will go through the roof.

If there's confirmation Axl will perform with the original members, you'll have to take out a mortgage to afford a ticket.

I hope I am never in the position where I need to buy tickets online and turnaround to put them on stub hub and gauge the price. Fucking get a real job losers. Now I am shut out.

I can't stand it when people buy tickets for the sole purpose of reselling them for profit, I have always refused to pay above face value for any ticket.

They could have reduced the scalping for this event by charging a higher face value. And if they had made all the tickets Will Call Only with photo ID required, that would have completely eliminated the scalping.

Considering 99% of the seat locations I'm seeing or hearing about are at the very back of the venue, I'd guess far fewer tickets were offered for sale than we realize.

LMAO @ the notion of nuGnR members getting inducted. What kind of bubble do you live in?

Exactly, I just can't understand how these kids think that Axl's band is something. Guns N' Roses in their day were the greatest band in history in my opinion. Axl's coverband is nothing more than a hopeless success.

LMAO @ the notion of nuGnR members getting inducted. What kind of bubble do you live in?

Exactly, I just can't understand how these kids think that Axl's band is something. Guns N' Roses in their day were the greatest band in history in my opinion. Axl's coverband is nothing more than a hopeless success.

I find it ironic that you refer to anybody as a kid when you are so immature that you decide to spend your time on a forum for a band that you don't like. You sir, are the true definition of immaturity. Now grow up and move on.

Normally prices on StubHub do go down as the event nears, but this event is totally different. The HOF won't be releasing additional tickets as the event nears, and as more information about the festivities comes out the induction will get publicized more and drive up demand. If it's big name stars that will do the honors, demand will spike. And if there is any sort of confirmation that Axl will appear with Slash and the old members, demand will go through the roof.

If there's confirmation Axl will perform with the original members, you'll have to take out a mortgage to afford a ticket.

that is my prediction as someone who is involved in the ticket industry, if Guns announce they are going to play with Axl and Slash and the old guys, you wont see anything for less then $1,000-1,500 on the aftermarket, only way tickets will get cheaper is if Axl announces he will not be there and Slash announces he wont be there as well, even still you have enough fans of the other bands and people wanting to go for the novelty of the event that I doubt you will see tickets for less then $300