Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm honestly shocked that Gilby didn't make the cut.

Well, Gilby did 2/3 of the UYI tour, and he's on TSI?

Really no reason why he SHOULDN'T be inducted.

So he was the first "hired gun" of many more to come and he recorded a bunch of covers that they threw together for an album, so therefore he deserved to get into the RRHOF? Think about that.

I get your point, but he was still a very visible member of the band on tour and in a majority of the videos.

Again, the RRHOF makes no sense in their decision making. Dio not being inducted with Sabbath was / is inexcusable.

Well, Gilby did 2/3 of the UYI tour, and he's on TSI?

Really no reason why he SHOULDN'T be inducted.

He shouldn't be inducted because he doesn't play on any original material. It's not like Tracy and Roberta got in while Gilby was left out in the cold.

This- and I like and respect Gilby more than most GN'R fans... Wouldn't object to him being there in a kind of "honorable mention" role and/or receiving a thanks from the podium (probably from Slash) though...

Nor would I, kind of like how Sammy Hagar gave Gary Cherone a nod at the Van Halen induction. Even though the album with Cherone flopped, he nonetheless still contributed to original material with the band so as Sammy said, "He's part of the family too!" or something to that extent.

I've been working on my speech for the last three weeks, since I found out we were on the ballot. I've got a tent and a sleeping bag, so I'm going to be there the week before.
- Adler

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/blog/guns-n-roses-red-hot-chili-peppers-inducted-into-the-2012-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame/20111208-f67t.html

LOL

:rofl-lol:

Lots of people on the forum made jokes about Steven already making his speech or waiting outside the hall with his drumsticks and a sleeping bag, and there you go! Right from the man himself.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I’d like to see Axl declare a section of his book on the breakdown of classic GN’R and thank all past and present players from New GN’R.

Then leave.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

New GN’R is part of the RN’R induction.

http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/

Chinese part of discography selection for GN’R Rock Hall induction: http://t.co/0HNz3F75

“Official site”: http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

… but in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new line-up and they remain a touring juggernaut.

New GN’R is part of the RN’R induction.

http://rockhall.com/inductees/guns-n-roses/

Chinese part of discography selection for GN’R Rock Hall induction: http://t.co/0HNz3F75

“Official site”: http://web.gunsnroses.com/index.jsp

… but in the new millennium Axl Rose brought a brand new line-up of Guns N’ Roses on the road and in 2008 they released their long-awaited album Chinese Democracy. In recent years, Rose has welcomed original members Duff McKagan and Izzy Stradlin onto his stage - but he remains committed to the new line-up and they remain a touring juggernaut.

yea but i doubt buckethead shows up...they'll focus on getting just the original lineup, which i doubt includes axl.

Let's cut the shit. I have a feeling its going to look like this.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Steven

Assuming Axl Rose shows up..I doubt the band plays and i doubt he shows up. This would cause too many reunion pressures that axl rose despises enough to this day. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, just being honest.

Let's cut the shit. I have a feeling its going to look like this.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Izzy

Steven

Assuming Axl Rose shows up..I doubt the band plays and i doubt he shows up. This would cause too many reunion pressures that axl rose despises enough to this day. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, just being honest.

Eddie Trunk was talking about this on the radio last night - he feels that this is was a really stupid idea for the Rock Hall to assume they're going to make a reunion happen by having them inducted first year up. He's also having the Rock Hall CEO on Monday if you have satellite radio, and will start asking about why Rush and KISS aren't in, plus Priest, Maiden, UFO, etc...

I hadn't watched TMS with Slash, but he mentioned it being discussed on there.

To me, if they induct the ChiDem lineup, Axl will likely show. He stands by the current lineup as being GNR. If it's just acknowledging the AFD and UYI lineup, he'll blow it off. I think it's fine for Axl to play with the AFD era lineup, only if they were doing the full length album front to back, beginning to end in a second set - kind of like solo Ozzy and Black Sabbath at Ozzfest 97. I think it would be a great one night only event if it were to happen.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

yea but i doubt buckethead shows up...they'll focus on getting just the original lineup, which i doubt includes axl.

Bucket hasn’t spoken to Axl since his departure from GN’R.

I think an Axl no-show is probable. With Reed probably obliging to this.

I’ve said before Axl should deliver a video address under the presumption it’s positive and then launch a tirade on the Rock Hall, arguing the legitimacy of New GN’R and proclaiming a new album.

All things considered, Axl will probably not show up (can't blame him there). But don't you all think it would be a hollow victory if he doesn't? You have to admit, he IS the face of GnR.

I think everyone (fan wise) will be sad if he doesn't. I would be anyway because this could be the last chance of a reconciliation or at least some closure on the 'old Guns' department.

‎Never thought about that , with the RRHOF. The whole “mature enough” bit was cute. Not to offend anyone but personally I don’t have an interest and other than inducting Elton don’t quite get what it is exactly and who decides what. It seems to mean more to some than others and more so amongst fans. It’s nice to get recognition and have some form of acceptance but in regards to joining others the price is too high and just not worth it

Axl 2008

i would jezz in my pants if Axl shows and anounce a new GN'R album with the current line-up and then leave :lol:

that would be hi-la-rious!

and then Slash would say "eeeuuuh, I also have a record with myles Kennedy y'know dude..."

Duff shaking his head, Izzy browsing his stamps collection and Steven being happy whatever happens!

Edited by Laparka

I think Axl's at least considering it. The fact he didn't shoot it down publically when he easily could have, saying "this is your victory" to the fans. The fact that he hasn't said that he won't or will on twitter just to end speculation. If this ijs really "our victory" why not just give the fans what they've been longing for, for just one night?

i would jezz in my pants if Axl shows and anounce a new GN'R album with the current line-up and then leave :lol:

that would be hi-la-rious!

and then Slash would say "eeeuuuh, I also have a record with myles Kennedy y'know dude..."

Duff shaking his head, Izzy browsing his stamps collection and Steven being happy whatever happens!

:rofl-lol:

GENIUS!! hahaha I actually laughed. It'd be awesome. He shows up with DJ, thanks everyone and announces a Guns N' Roses record.

Edited by It Don't Really Matter

All things considered, Axl will probably not show up (can't blame him there). But don't you all think it would be a hollow victory if he doesn't? You have to admit, he IS the face of GnR.

I think everyone (fan wise) will be sad if he doesn't. I would be anyway because this could be the last chance of a reconciliation or at least some closure on the 'old Guns' department.

I do think not showing will be a big letdown. If he feels this is for the fans, he will show up. This isn't about closure, but for the people who supported them for the past 25 years, he should put aside some time to thank them. I don't really care if he sings with them, I don't think the induction dinner is the right place for GNR to do that. But the grimiest club in Cleveland with a killer sound system would be.

It wouldn't be the last chance for them to do it though. It'll be on Axl's terms, as long as they're all still alive. I just think that if the Rock Hall thought this would spur on a reunion, they're a bunch of morons.

I think Axl's at least considering it. The fact he didn't shoot it down publically when he easily could have, saying "this is your victory" to the fans. The fact that he hasn't said that he won't or will on twitter just to end speculation. If this ijs really "our victory" why not just give the fans what they've been longing for, for just one night?

It's too far in the future for him to say anything about it right now. Leaving it up in the air until the last possible second is more Axl's style. He prob. wouldn't even be there until they're rolling the video package. If he's going, expect him to make a big entrance.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I’d kill for a battle of GN’R’s. Velvet Revolver play 2 GN’R pieces and a Revolver track. & GN’R perform 2 GN’R pieces and a Chinese track.

VR – Civil War, GN’R - Better, VR - Coma. GN’R – Rocket Queen, VR - Slither, GN’R - Nightrain.

rvvr.png