Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think whoever really believes that anyone from the current band will get inducted into the RRHOF other than Axl and Dizzy need to step outside and take in a bit of reality. To induct a replacement musician who appeared on and contributed to one single album - one that is pretty much the most infamous album in the history of rock n' roll - would be a slap in the face to the very concept behind the RRHOF.

Seriously, I love the new band and same goes for Chinese Democracy...but come the fuck on people, give your heads a shake!

A8R

The RRHOF in practice is a slap in the face to its own concept. Grand Master Flash, Madonna and Donna Summer? Check. Kiss, Rush, Alice Cooper?...........................uhhhhhh..........

I think whoever really believes that anyone from the current band will get inducted into the RRHOF other than Axl and Dizzy need to step outside and take in a bit of reality. To induct a replacement musician who appeared on and contributed to one single album - one that is pretty much the most infamous album in the history of rock n' roll - would be a slap in the face to the very concept behind the RRHOF.

Seriously, I love the new band and same goes for Chinese Democracy...but come the fuck on people, give your heads a shake!

A8R

The RRHOF in practice is a slap in the face to its own concept. Grand Master Flash, Madonna and Donna Summer? Check. Kiss, Rush, Alice Cooper?...........................uhhhhhh..........

Quite simple, no one gives a flying fuck about Rush around the world and the Hall of Fame already has AC/DC, so another brainless rock band like KISS don't have a place.

A8R

Quite simple, no one gives a flying fuck about Rush around the world and the Hall of Fame already has AC/DC, so another brainless rock band like KISS don't have a place.

No Iron Maiden?

No Deep Purple?

Come on...

A8R

Brainless? Thank those "brainless" bands for GnR existing in the first place. I wish GnR had half the success AC/DC has...

Congrats on making the easiest prediction in the world. Wow super insightful. Can you predict what color the oceans will be tomorrow? Or can you tell me if tomorrow will also consist of 24 hours ?

Try reading the post next time and understanding what I mean.

Internet cannot into sarcasm

flayer, i liked your post(not that it matters) and i understood what you were saying. i wasnt talking to you with that reply, it was meant for some one else who was all like, "in your face i predicted the old gnr was huge, and people would like that shit more. thats not really a prediction but a statement of historical fact. and thats who i was trying to call out on it. then he said some other ridiculous shit about axl and the new gnr being completely irrelevant so i made an over the top sarcastic response. again, it wasnt meant for your post.

Haha, no problem then, pretty funny actually.

I dunno about all you but Jethro Tull had one of the best metal albums of all time.

Music judging like this is always always subjective. The smaller the selecting committee, the stupider and more biased the results. The internet at large will easily pick out bands like Rush and Iron Maiden that need to be inducted, but this little clique of people in charge of that place won't accept it.

A8R

The reality? The RRHOF makes some WTF decisions. If Axl didn't feel strongly about the current lineup being GNR, I'd say fine, but after 15 years, if they want him to show, they should induct the current lineup. They all know this. It comes down to what Axl considers GNR vs what the voters consider GNR. I'm sure this is going to be debated by them, too..

"Do we induct the current lineup just so Axl can show up? We know what he said about Slash but we've all read what Axl said about the current band being GNR, I think if we stick to the original band, Axl's def. going to be a no-show and we're going to have to hire extra security in case things get out of hand. But if we induct all of them and just crowd them all on the stage and in the plaque, maybe he will show up? We did the numbers on Chinese Democracy and took a look at some of the reviews... Rolling Stone gave it 4 stars? It wasn't a flop but had lackluster sales? So did half the artists who are in. Beach Boys Pet Sounds flopped, too, but Capitol just reissues the shit out of it and keeps selling. Sex Pistols were import only in America in '77. I don't think The Ramones ever had a platinum selling record. And we had inducted that Mexican with Metallica, but the original guy Dave we couldn't because they kicked him out before they recorded anything official. So - let's just get the extra trophies engraved, let Axl's manager know we're going to induct the band members that played on Chinese Democracy, and we'll see if he shows up.

What's the next drama we have to deal with - Courtney Love and Dave Grohl? Billy Corgan and his former bandmates?"

If Trujillo's in for Metallica, the current lineup of GNR should be in. There's members of other bands that were overlooked by the Rock Hall in the past. There's people who have been in the bands, recorded with them, but weren't inducted.

Same question's going to come up with RHCP because Dave Navarro was an official member as well as current guitarist Josh Klinghoffer.

https://twitter.com/#!/futurerocklgnds/status/144807392834617345

From the current lineup, Rose and Reed are the only members headed into the Rock Hall. Inducted alongside them will be ex-bandmates Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum -- i.e., musicians from the group’s heyday in the late ’80s and early ’90s.

Edited by sleeper

https://twitter.com/...807392834617345

From the current lineup, Rose and Reed are the only members headed into the Rock Hall. Inducted alongside them will be ex-bandmates Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum -- i.e., musicians from the group's heyday in the late '80s and early '90s.

Umm i clicked the link and got this:

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

From the current lineup, Rose and Reed are the only members headed into the Rock Hall. Inducted alongside them will be ex-bandmates Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler and Matt Sorum -- i.e., musicians from the group's heyday in the late '80s and early '90s.

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!

Sorry try this.

https://twitter.com/#!/futurerocklgnds/status/144807392834617345

Edited by sleeper

Sorry, that page doesn't exist!

Sorry try this.

If there is any truth to this then i'm not watching the HOF and not even going to talk about it.

Sorry, that page doesn't exist!

Sorry try this.

If there is any truth to this then i'm not watching the HOF and not even going to talk about it.

:lol::o

Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven, Matt, and Dizzy.

Very cool man. Just think if this band had stayed together (with either drummer). They would still be playing stadiums....

They would still be playing stadium if certain ex-members don't spread bullshit about GN'R everyfuckingday.

Amazing that a update/show thread got 8 pages and this bullshit got 70+ pages. <_<

Very cool man. Just think if this band had stayed together (with either drummer). They would still be playing stadiums....

They would still be playing stadium if certain ex-members don't spread bullshit about GN'R everyfuckingday.

Amazing that a update/show thread got 8 pages and this bullshit got 70+ pages. <_<

Dude they had Metallica opening for them in '92 because of the chemistry of Axl, Slash, and Duff (and the songwriting of Izzy). This present day cover band is a pale sad imitation. That is why they aren't ruling the world like the original band did.

Edited by evergreen_layne

Dude they had Metallica opening for them in '92 because of the chemistry of Axl, Slash, and Duff (and the songwriting of Izzy). This present day cover band is a pale sad imitation. That is why they aren't ruling the world like the original band did.

"Cover band" my ass. :fuckyou:

The classic line-up should be inducted. That's normal.

Still, pretty sure that they won't play anything together.

I highly doubt Axl will show up.

How laughable would that be if they play with Myles Kennedy? :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Or dead...

Slash OD'd on tour and was contemplating suicide by the end of his run in the band...

Duff's pancreas exploded...

Axl was completely heartbroken by Stephanie, besieged by law suits, and taking it on the chin on a daily basis from the "alternative" scene that was then popular...

Steven was a complete and utter trainwreck...

Izzy HATED being in a band that big and dealing with all of Axl's "rock star" eccentricities/demands and got as far away as he physically could...

Frankly- we should just be happy they're all still alive to see this day IMHO. I think a big part of the reason that's the case is that they got the fuck away from each other...

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

Or dead...

Slash OD'd on tour and was contemplating suicide by the end of his run in the band...

Axl was completely heartbroken by Stephanie, besieged by law suits, and taking it on the chin on a daily basis from the "alternative" scene that was then popular...

Izzy HATED being in a band that big and dealing with all of Axl's "rock star" eccentricities/demands and got as far away as he physically could...

Frankly- we should just be happy they're all still alive to see this day IMHO. I think a big part of the reason that's the case is that they got the fuck away from each other...

You make some good points and the band wouldn't have been the same writing without Izzy but Duff and Slash very much wanted to continue working with Axl as GNR. Duff had sobered up and Slash had gotten off the smack. But Axl preferred to work with people he could dictate. Duff and Slash were the equal of Axl they all came from nothing. Axl can say he didn't fire anyone all he wants but the reality is he forced them to quit.

Kinda like when you're dating someone and you're too much of a pussy to break up with them so you make the relationship unbearable enough for them to break up with you.

Edited by evergreen_layne

Or dead...

You make some good points and the band wouldn't have been the same writing without Izzy but Duff and Slash very much wanted to continue working with Axl as GNR. Duff had sobered up and Slash had gotten off the smack. But Axl preferred to work with people he could dictate. Duff and Slash were the equal of Axl they all came from nothing. Axl can say he didn't fire anyone all he wants but the reality is he forced them to quit.

Kinda like when you're dating someone and you're to much of a pussy to break up with them so you make the relationship unbearable enough for them to break up with you.

Are you saying that Axl forced Slash and Duff to do Heroin and drink?