Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wants a reunion but we can't force them if they don't want to. I think they did enough to get into HOF and that's enough. If they play together that would be great.

Is it a requirement that the inductees have to play?

Seems this is causing more questions than answers and I would be surprised if Axl even turned up unfortunately. Shame as he seems the driving force of the band but then again the lead singers always get noticed more.

It's not a requirement and they've had similar situations with VH and Blondie. So Guns isn't special in this regard.

If Axl was going to go why didn't he just say I'll be there on Trunk?

Everyone wants a reunion but we can't force them if they don't want to. I think they did enough to get into HOF and that's enough. If they play together that would be great.

Seems this is causing more questions than answers and I would be surprised if Axl even turned up unfortunately. Shame as he seems the driving force of the band but then again the lead singers always get noticed more.

It's not a requirement and they've had similar situations with VH and Blondie. So Guns isn't special in this regard.

Would be kinda funny if Axl refused to perform and then VH w/DLR showed up to play an awful version of Jungle for payback.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

As much as I LOVE gnr......Rush and even Kiss are far more deserving at this date of time--IMHO

Couldn't agree me. And so many others to add to that list as well but I won't get into that. As the years go by, its sad that I just end up getting excited for anyone on the ballot that I actually listen to. So its extremely disrespectful that Rush and KISS aren't even nominated, I find its pointless to dwell on it and its more worth my time to hope for GNR to get in over Donna Summers.

Thank You---I'm sure GNR are so happy to be in the same class as Madonna, REM, ABBA, Blondie, and the Bee Gees.......rock on ?

Would be kinda funny if Axl refused to perform and then VH w/DLR showed up to play an awful version of Jungle for payback.

That'd be interesting. :lol:

As much as I love the guys in Velvet Revolver, their performance at the Van Halen induction was... questionable to say the least. Mostly Scott to be fair. Slash flubbed the intro but nailed the solo in Ain't Talkin' Bout Love.

That commented also reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKkGBgDJbqs

As much as I love the guys in Velvet Revolver, their performance at the Van Halen induction was... questionable to say the least. Mostly Scott to be fair. Slash flubbed the intro but nailed the solo in Ain't Talkin' Bout Love.

LOL. All true. The band actually was pretty tight after Slash's flub in the intro, but after forcing myself to watch Ain't Talkin' Bout Love 50 or so times, I still can't figure out what the fuck Scott was going for with this performance. His. Worst. Ever. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA89Tl8rj48

They should do it like the Walk This Way video: have Axl and the new band on one side, and VR with Izzy on the other. Each band can start out playing original material before smashing the wall down and breaking into Jungle. Axl will then proceed to chin Scott Weiland with his mic stand, while a freshly escaped from Celebrity Rehab 6 Steven Adler runs on stage, kicks Matt Sorum in the balls, and pops behind the drum kit for a rollicking version of Civil War. That's how I'd like to see it done anyway.

Edited by ITW 2012

LOL. All true. The band actually was pretty tight after Slash's flub in the intro, but after forcing myself to watch Ain't Talkin' Bout Love 50 or so times, I still can't figure out what the fuck Scott was going for with this performance. His. Worst. Ever. :lol:

Ahhhh, I just tried to watch it again, but I caaannnn'ttt!!!!!!!!

I just wish this would all go away----the new band is kicking too much ass for this bullshit......

Pretty much my thoughts as well, back when I joined this board I'd've been super-stoked at the prospect of a reunion, but I haven't spent the last 7 years supporting this line-up for it to be made insignificant by a fucking awards ceremony. Guns N Roses is dead. Long Live Guns N Roses.

Ahhhh, I just tried to watch it again, but I caaannnn'ttt!!!!!!!!

never seen that before....and wish I hadn't now. Scott looks like a retarded mime.

"Touring juggernaut" is the biggest backhanded compliment I've ever heard. That's nothing more than nicely calling them an active cover band.

If that's what Ali's hanging his hat on in differentiating from Cherone, well.... :xmassrudolph:

In both VH's and GNR's cases, the Hall invited exactly who they wanted to induct. No real difference.

That's your perception. I see that as saying that band is a great live band.

Ali

I just wish this would all go away----the new band is kicking too much ass for this bullshit......

Pretty much my thoughts as well, back when I joined this board I'd've been super-stoked at the prospect of a reunion, but I haven't spent the last 7 years supporting this line-up for it to be made insignificant by a fucking awards ceremony. Guns N Roses is dead. Long Live Guns N Roses.

Thanks----agree------my thoughts as well.. Although ----I don't feel the band is dead. I still feel Axl is the heart and soul of GNR and still puts on the best show ever as a frontman. IMHO----he is the last of the killer singer/songwriters like Bon Scott, Robert Plant, and maybe a few others.....

never seen that before....and wish I hadn't now. Scott looks like a retarded mime.

Hehehe - despite never having been a big fan of Scott, over time I've come to appreciate him and his skills much more

But, while performing next to three ex-Gunners, he always seemed so out of place with those girly dance moves :D

Very well said.

I still feel Axl is the heart and soul of GNR and still puts on the best show ever as a frontman. IMHO----he is the last of the killer singer/songwriters like Bon Scott, Robert Plant, and maybe a few others.....

:thumbsup: YES!

Edited by The Archer

I'm happy that we all have a chance to see Guns N' Roses play again. This hasn't been done since 1993.

Shit----i saw GNR here in Chicago in 92 (COMA LIVE), Saw GnR in Indianapolis---Closed for metallica and kicked so much ass,

any GNR show that happens has always killed---whether who was there or not......IMHO

Congrats on making the easiest prediction in the world. Wow super insightful. Can you predict what color the oceans will be tomorrow? Or can you tell me if tomorrow will also consist of 24 hours ?

Try reading the post next time and understanding what I mean.

Internet cannot into sarcasm

flayer, i liked your post(not that it matters) and i understood what you were saying. i wasnt talking to you with that reply, it was meant for some one else who was all like, "in your face i predicted the old gnr was huge, and people would like that shit more. thats not really a prediction but a statement of historical fact. and thats who i was trying to call out on it. then he said some other ridiculous shit about axl and the new gnr being completely irrelevant so i made an over the top sarcastic response. again, it wasnt meant for your post.

I think whoever really believes that anyone from the current band will get inducted into the RRHOF other than Axl and Dizzy need to step outside and take in a bit of reality. To induct a replacement musician who appeared on and contributed to one single album - one that is pretty much the most infamous album in the history of rock n' roll - would be a slap in the face to the very concept behind the RRHOF.

Seriously, I love the new band and same goes for Chinese Democracy...but come the fuck on people, give your heads a shake!

A8R