Now it's really official: GNR have been chosen for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

tange

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't able to get tickets right away. I mean, shit, I knew they would sell out the first day, but I thought I had a bit longer than til 10:02 to get them...

Trying Craig's list. Trying ANYTHING I can to get to this thing.

Oh no Bobbo, you're gonna miss the big parking lot rumble between the Slash dingleberry chewers and the Axl nut huggers. What will they do without you? Don't feel too bad though, I'm skipping out too. I never had an interest to go see Slash, Matt and Steven accept an award. Then again, Duff might show too, he's popping up everywhere I hear. Still no interest on my part though.

I couldn't care less about "Axl vs Slash" bullshit. This is one of my favorite bands, and I wanted to be there in person for it, simple as that.

Even if Axl is a no show, it'll be great honoring the people that made GNR what it is, and all the rest of them will probably be there. I personally don't mind Myles singing the songs, especially with most of the people who contributed to them backing him up, so it won't be that much of a loss for me. And Chili Peppers will be there too, so that's another plus for me.

heart-attacks_0.jpg

then if you don't mind Myles singing GnR tunes while the appetite line-up gets unducted to the HOF, please NEVER COMPLAIN AGAIN about the actual line-up!

Then why not including Tommy, BBF or even Josh Freese, they belong there far more than Myles Kennedy!

you're a bloody hypocrit!

Hypocrite?

Dude, if everybody BUT Axl shows up, then yeah, I'll grin and bear Myles covering for him. You're out of your fucking mind if you think I'd rather have him than Axl, but if 4 or 5 of the people that are getting inducted, and played on the music that people love so much, are being held up by one person, then yeah, just hand the mic to Myles. I personally don't mind Myles as a singer, but don't mistake that for being the ideal situation for me.

How are you gonna have Tommy perform instead of Duff if Duff is there? I'm in no way saying that Myles "deserves" to be up there playing with the rest of the band. Just saying if Axl bails on it, and everybody else shows up...they're gonna need a singer to help celebrate...

Edited by Bobbo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump - Just wanted to comment on the KISS snub.

There's way too many artists that KISS influenced to not have them inducted, including GNR. Eddie Trunk wanted to know if there was any conspiracy behind KISS not being inducted.

Whether you're talking about Trent Reznor and Axl Rose, Slash, Baz, Scott Ian, Hetfield, the members of Tool or RATM, or even Kurt Cobain and Dimebag, & Seth MacFarlane, it was all about the KISS Army at one point for all of them. Later on, they grew out of it because they were borderlining on being the Wiggles by the time Dynasty came out.

Axl and Slash share the same criticism about the Rock Hall, and I'm sure Duff, Izzy, Matt, Dizzy, and Steven do as well. It's the Wenner Country Club, but we have to remember a lot of the voters are peers and influences of theirs, as well as the younger critics who grew up listening to hard rock. They're not all music snobs that push for the obscure bands to get in.

I do think Rush will be on the ballot next year,

Edited by dalsh327

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but it's been gnawing at me for a while know and I have to share. At first, I was thrilled to read that GnR was inducted into the Hall. This is a momentous occasion, not just for the band, but for the fans who worked so hard supporting them for so many years. But then I read that they were only inducting just a tiny few of the many amazing musicians who've lent their talents to Guns N' Roses over the years. Then I thought the CEO's comments about the current band being allowed to buy tickets to the show like anyone else were condescending, unnecessary and totally out of line.

Between forum cupcakes and all the ex-managers and Slash getting wasted and coming to his house in the middle of the night, Axl's getting it from all sides all the time. No wonder it's so hard for him to create music and feel inspired. And now, with the Hall of Fame induction, there's a new tsunami of reunion talk. It's amazing that Axl's even able to complete this tour, let alone turn in his best performances since the early 90's.

Sure, I believe that GnR's amazing catalog of music -- including the multi-platinum worldwide hit Chinese Democracy -- are worthy of the Hall of Fame. But I do feel like the Hall of Fame's behavior and their comments have been specifically designed to fan the flames of reunion talk. Just the other day, the CEO of the Hall was bragging about how Axl, Slash and the other musicians who played on Appetite for Destruction had RSVP'd. This was completely untrue, and even Slash expressed his anger over it.

It's obvious to me why the Hall would want to spread reunion rumors: money. Just like all those other ex managers and record executives and other vultures slowly starving to death in the record industry's desert. They want that big score. They want the publicity. They want the money. Which I totally get. I just don't see why the Hall of Fame's CEO has to be a condescending prick to members of the new band, who's only sin is accepting a great gig with a great band and a great frontman. If the Hall of Fame thinks they're going to improve their odds of scoring a reunion by spreading rumors and disrespecting Axl and the current band, then I think they're in for a rude awakening. And if shit goes down, the fans will suffer and Axl will take all the blame.

I don't know how I feel about the Hall of Fame itself, even though I love the artists and their legacies. At the end of the day, after all the accolades and hugs, it's just more record industry bullshit. So fuck them.

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but it's been gnawing at me for a while know and I have to share. At first, I was thrilled to read that GnR was inducted into the Hall. This is a momentous occasion, not just for the band, but for the fans who worked so hard supporting them for so many years. But then I read that they were only inducting just a tiny few of the many amazing musicians who've lent their talents to Guns N' Roses over the years. Then I thought the CEO's comments about the current band being allowed to buy tickets to the show like anyone else were condescending, unnecessary and totally out of line.

Between forum cupcakes and all the ex-managers and Slash getting wasted and coming to his house in the middle of the night, Axl's getting it from all sides all the time. No wonder it's so hard for him to create music and feel inspired. And now, with the Hall of Fame induction, there's a new tsunami of reunion talk. It's amazing that Axl's even able to complete this tour, let alone turn in his best performances since the early 90's.

Sure, I believe that GnR's amazing catalog of music -- including the multi-platinum worldwide hit Chinese Democracy -- are worthy of the Hall of Fame. But I do feel like the Hall of Fame's behavior and their comments have been specifically designed to fan the flames of reunion talk. Just the other day, the CEO of the Hall was bragging about how Axl, Slash and the other musicians who played on Appetite for Destruction had RSVP'd. This was completely untrue, and even Slash expressed his anger over it.

It's obvious to me why the Hall would want to spread reunion rumors: money. Just like all those other ex managers and record executives and other vultures slowly starving to death in the record industry's desert. They want that big score. They want the publicity. They want the money. Which I totally get. I just don't see why the Hall of Fame's CEO has to be a condescending prick to members of the new band, who's only sin is accepting a great gig with a great band and a great frontman. If the Hall of Fame thinks they're going to improve their odds of scoring a reunion by spreading rumors and disrespecting Axl and the current band, then I think they're in for a rude awakening. And if shit goes down, the fans will suffer and Axl will take all the blame.

I don't know how I feel about the Hall of Fame itself, even though I love the artists and their legacies. At the end of the day, after all the accolades and hugs, it's just more record industry bullshit. So fuck them.

The HOF CEO was talking more about the museum, which is a whole other entity from Wenner's Country Club. I don't think Jon Laudau's personal taste in music enters into it, he's just Springsteen's manager and prob. the one who settles any debates the different members have, and I know Steve Van Zandt is pretty open minded about all sorts of bands. But it's the critics and music industry exect who are a part of it that bring the snobbery into it, or someone like Seymour Stein where the committee showed favoritism to his artists, which included Madonna. But then again, Dead Boys recorded on Sire, as well as The Smiths. Depeche Mode and Ministry have been eligible for a few years.

Trunk made a good point - GNR got head of the line because of the controversy, but Axl even said that he knows how much Wenner loves GNR (RS did give ChiDem 4 stars). Genesis had to fight hard to get in, but keep in mind Peter Gabriel as a solo artist is probably a big part to do with that, and being friends with Van Zandt and Robbie Robertson definitely tie into being in, he toured with Springsteen in the late 80s, and the guy's guaranteed a knighthood just from all the other stuff he does.

The RRHOF CEO is running a non-profit, and the reality is, no one's going to Cleveland, it's gone back to being a shitty place to live, and part of me thinks some of those bands should do a free show while they're in town. I wouldn't be surprised if they've discussed moving the museum in the past few years.

Then I thought the CEO's comments about the current band being allowed to buy tickets to the show like anyone else were condescending, unnecessary and totally out of line.

I didn't hear about those comments, link?

Sure, I believe that GnR's amazing catalog of music -- including the multi-platinum worldwide hit Chinese Democracy -- are worthy of the Hall of Fame.

The catalog is indeed amazing, as is Chinese Democracy - but it's not multi-platinum.

The RRHOF CEO is running a non-profit, and the reality is, no one's going to Cleveland, it's gone back to being a shitty place to live, and part of me thinks some of those bands should do a free show while they're in town.

There will be a free concert in Cleveland during induction week, the specifics have yet to be announced.

The RRHOF CEO is running a non-profit, and the reality is, no one's going to Cleveland, it's gone back to being a shitty place to live, and part of me thinks some of those bands should do a free show while they're in town.

There will be a free concert in Cleveland during induction week, the specifics have yet to be announced.

They really should turn it into a big event for the city, not just for the people going to the banquet dinner in hopes of GNR reuniting.

• 2 weeks later...

3 months guys. The countdown is ON

:krider:

So it's in March I take it? I would think the RRHOF needs to know some details (who if anyone from GnR will show or perform) in coming weeks. If no then they'll probably get some fill ins lined up to pay tribute...not to mention if Axl is/isn't going that will affect everything from the introductions on down (or up!). The clock is ticking...

Glad I'm not the only one who wasn't able to get tickets right away. I mean, shit, I knew they would sell out the first day, but I thought I had a bit longer than til 10:02 to get them...

Oh no Bobbo, you're gonna miss the big parking lot rumble between the Slash dingleberry chewers and the Axl nut huggers. What will they do without you? Don't feel too bad though, I'm skipping out too. I never had an interest to go see Slash, Matt and Steven accept an award. Then again, Duff might show too, he's popping up everywhere I hear. Still no interest on my part though.

I couldn't care less about "Axl vs Slash" bullshit. This is one of my favorite bands, and I wanted to be there in person for it, simple as that.

Even if Axl is a no show, it'll be great honoring the people that made GNR what it is, and all the rest of them will probably be there. I personally don't mind Myles singing the songs, especially with most of the people who contributed to them backing him up, so it won't be that much of a loss for me. And Chili Peppers will be there too, so that's another plus for me.

heart-attacks_0.jpg

then if you don't mind Myles singing GnR tunes while the appetite line-up gets unducted to the HOF, please NEVER COMPLAIN AGAIN about the actual line-up!

Then why not including Tommy, BBF or even Josh Freese, they belong there far more than Myles Kennedy!

Hypocrite?

Dude, if everybody BUT Axl shows up, then yeah, I'll grin and bear Myles covering for him. You're out of your fucking mind if you think I'd rather have him than Axl, but if 4 or 5 of the people that are getting inducted, and played on the music that people love so much, are being held up by one person, then yeah, just hand the mic to Myles. I personally don't mind Myles as a singer, but don't mistake that for being the ideal situation for me.

How are you gonna have Tommy perform instead of Duff if Duff is there? I'm in no way saying that Myles "deserves" to be up there playing with the rest of the band. Just saying if Axl bails on it, and everybody else shows up...they're gonna need a singer to help celebrate...

Yeah, I wouldn't mind too much if Myles stood in for Axl if Axl was a no show and the original 4 are there and ready to play -

heart-attacks_0.jpg

Hypocrite?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind too much if Myles stood in for Axl if Axl was a no show and the original 4 are there and ready to play -

Exactly. It wouldnt be unheard of to have a fill in. If Axl doesn't care to go (which would suck) then a fill in is fine. Myles, Bach, Tyler, Brian Johnson, someone of that genre. An "all star" cast of singers from the hard rock scene...whatever. But lets just hope Axl shows.

All I know is this. IF Axl joined forces with the original band on stage for a few songs the new band is in trouble because everyone's going to want a full on reunion. If Axl thinks it's rough now, just wait.

Exactly my thoughts. Axl should think twice before attending the induction.

I wouldn't mind all the members, past and present going on stage and doing some type of epic jam. But for one song, I'd like to see just the 5 appetite guys go at it. I could live with that. Slash and Axl playing on each other records and joining each other on stage every now and then would be enough for me. A full blown reunion would be ideal of course. But neither seems to want that. Would be awesome to have Axl on a Slash record though :)

Edited by pugachev

Nothing has really been confirmed as to what's going to happen at the ceremony (I think the only real guarantee is that Adler is definately going to be there lol) so as of right now I only think its fair to assume nothing. I can only hope the people being inducted can all share the stage with a sense of grace (oh and a song or two would be pretty cool as well)

Ok I don't know how to explain this anymore....Guns N' Roses (you know the band that just finished a tour) are being inducted. Axl will be there so will Guns N' Roses.

Obviously the alumni will take the stage one by one with Guns N' Roses.

'Cano- you know what we are talking about when we say "Guns N Roses" in regards to the HOF. Your trolling for another debate on the GnR vs new GnR debate is well known. We all know who Guns n Roses is in regards to the HOF. The world isn't exactly clamoring for Buckethead or Tommy Stinson or DJ Ashba to hit the stage with Axl at the HOF. And that's not a slam on them, maybe they will get in for past/future projects some day, but not now.

Ok I don't know how to explain this anymore....Guns N' Roses (you know the band that just finished a tour) are being inducted. Axl will be there so will Guns N' Roses.

'Cano- you know what we are talking about when we say "Guns N Roses" in regards to the HOF. Your trolling for another debate on the GnR vs new GnR debate is well known. We all know who Guns n Roses is in regards to the HOF. The world isn't exactly clamoring for Buckethead or Tommy Stinson or DJ Ashba to hit the stage with Axl at the HOF. And that's not a slam on them, maybe they will get in for past/future projects some day, but not now.

Don't want to argue anymore about this subject. We will have to all wait and see what happens.

Don't want to argue anymore about this subject. We will have to all wait and see what happens.

Lets just hope that Axl shows and see what happens....we all agree, Axl should show. For old fans and new.

I'm holding you to it Volcano lol.

All I know is this. IF Axl joined forces with the original band on stage for a few songs the new band is in trouble because everyone's going to want a full on reunion. If Axl thinks it's rough now, just wait.

It's funny, all the fans of the current Guns are afraid of the orignal 5 playing a set at their HOF induction because "everyone's going to want a full on reunion" - jee, I wonder why? :rofl-lol:

don't worry guys according to Slash, he's enjoying himself more the last few years now than he as in years (I guess he's referring to his solo album and subsequent tour and album w Myles-and future tour) - so I wouldn't worry about a full on reunion anytime soon........

But, if these knuckleheads can put their differences aside, they may be able to pull off a "reunion tour" in 2012 and keep the current line up of GnR as it is - :shocked:

like i've said before - have Loaded, Slash/Myles and the current Guns go out on a world tour with Guns the Headliner and Loaded the 1st opener and Slash/Myles @ the 2nd act