Does anybody else think it should be a rapper who inducts GNR into the Hall of Fame?

ITW 2012

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PC is in a similar vein to It Was a Good Day: today the grass is green, the girls are pretty, and the Lakers beat the Supersonics, but tomorrow you'll be wishing you could turn around and go back to the start; while you are strapped in the chair of the cities gas chamber for shooting somebody in South Central LA. It's just an illusion, but this is the truth, this is what's real.

Edited by ITW 2012

I've always said that if Axl really wanted to bring Guns n Roses to today's masses he could easily do a guest spot on a Jay-Z or Eminem track. There's so many things the guy could do, it's obvious he just doesnt think the extra money and pop fame is worth the shit it brings. He wants to focus on Gnr. Have to respect the guy. If you find Axl haters, you're sure to find mediocre sheeple, I say.

I was initially against the idea of a rapper inducting him. But maybe that'd be good. Only problem is most rappers dont know shit about Gnr and understand what Axl's done; they're inarticulate as fuck, probably embarrassed to show respect a white guy who said an 'insensitive slur', and wouldnt make for the kind of speech adequate for inducting Guns n Roses to the HOF. Best bet is Steven Tyler or Elton.

That being said, if RRHOF wants to do what's best, they should definitely give Gnr the respect they deserve by letting them play last, the main event or whatever. Love the Chili Peppers but they arent on Gnr level.

Does anybody else think it should be a rapper who inducts GNR into the Hall of Fame? Obviously the late Eazy E would have been my first choice, but I think Ice Cube or Ice T would do a great job. I love Joe Perry and Steven Tyler as much as the next dude, but what made GNR so great was the type of gangster rap posturing that they brought to rock music. That was their so called niche, as marketers say, and that's what I always dug the most about GN' FN' R.

ice_cube_axl_rose.jpg

This would be awesome! I love ICE CUBE! Somebody took me to visit EAZY E"S grave last year. We paid our respects to the homie and I actually liked OLD ENGLISH 800! I think STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON is a cool song. I can sometimes talk to dead people, and EAZY E has become my guardian gangsta! He protects me from gangbangers on the CTA and he gives me great advice in my personal life! I even channeled a great rap song from him! I just have to find a way to get it to ICE CUBE!

Does anybody else think it should be a rapper who inducts GNR into the Hall of Fame? Obviously the late Eazy E would have been my first choice, but I think Ice Cube or Ice T would do a great job. I love Joe Perry and Steven Tyler as much as the next dude, but what made GNR so great was the type of gangster rap posturing that they brought to rock music. That was their so called niche, as marketers say, and that's what I always dug the most about GN' FN' R.

ice_cube_axl_rose.jpg

I vote flava flav