Abnormalfoot = Guns N' Roses

curmudgeonrose

Ron definitely filled in a lot of the gaps in the songs. It's funny you should mention Chinese Democracy sounding empty because I too was just listening to some of the leaks the other day. It really does sound empty without the rhythm guitar in the verses. He could have taken the easy way out and just added in some palm muted riffing but instead he went for the fretless which was a cool addition. That's why I love the Bumble, he's always got some interesting ideas to flesh out riffs.

Ron really took CD (the song) to the next level, his fretless work and the high vocals were both major improvements over the demo. I know a lot of people prefer the demos to the album versions, but I can't believe there's anybody out there that prefers the CD demo :shrugs:

I liked it more at first. But I really like the rio 2001 version best, except for the shorter solo. And my god, fincks backing vocals. "Even with your iron fist..." so raw. Think that's wat I miss most about robin.

Edited by drtydane

We should have links to all the CD demos before Bumblefoot. I always thought he was added to do guitar solos but he really gave the songs a boost.

Shouldn't forget about Buckethead though. He added a lot of tracks too but I think Ron's contribution made a lot of songs better.

Edited by BirdCatcher