will there be a New album around the HOF induction?

tange

I hope CD followup (Red Panda) will be meaner and nastier as Axl promised. Time for him to spill the beans. I bet CDIII will be experimental. They did record a lot of industrial and electronic tracks in the late 90's. Robin said they did several albums worth of that stuff.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How would there be a 'backlash' against new Gnr after the HOF ceremony? New Gnr arent even on the mainstream radar to begin with, really, so how can there be a backlash? and most of the acknowledgement they receive is negative anyway. The few pittances of positivity that new Gnr receives are from people who not only like Axl but the new band period. There wont and CANT be a backlash, just some whining.

The most probable scenario: The reunite at HOF - awesome ceremony, kick ass song or two, then everybody goes back to what they were doing. Axl is dedicated to the new band who always feels they have something to prove to begin with, so they make a kick ass album more straightforward than Chi Dem. Checkmate and a few Ashba/Axl rockers, plus the General and some epic Civil War type shit.

I think that the new lineup should induct the old line up at the rrhof then everyones there, everyone has a honorary duty. I think this states yes we are the band of originals and we did this and at the sametime says we are the new GnR it is a honor to induct you for your achievements without them we would not be here today, it could open the door to a combination of events the oldmembers could play together with no further expectations they could even all jam on a current cd song everyones present everyone participates their could be no justifiable "hard feelings".

Axl is popular today because of his involvement with classic guns, yes, but ALSO because of his own inherit, undeniable talents, and also because of the way he has managed to keep interesting and relevant after classic guns. To continue the argument: Izzy is much less popular (and mostly unknown to the general populace) despite being in classic guns because he doesn't have those talents or interests.

You forgot the part about Axl screwing over his bandmates so he could single-handedly trade on the brand name of GNR, irrespective of the fact that he was only one-fifth responsible for building that brand in the first place.

If so it speaks to Axl's shrewd business sense and only confirms my argument that the reason why Axl is so popular, rich, successful, etc, today is because of his own talents. I didn't "forget" it, I chose not to mention it because it had little relevance on the point I was making. And he wasn't "one-fifth responsible" for building GN'R in the first place, his role was much larger. Your insistence that everybody was equal is ridiculous.

Regarding the comment about Axl never doing anything wise, I was clearly being factitious and you chose to take it literally.

I considered it a flippant, silly comment that deserved to be shot down.

2akg0sh.jpg

Who started the Red Panda idea? Funniest shit ever and pure brilliance. :rofl-lol:

says 2013 in the bottom left by my eyes, that means only 13 months TILL RED PANDA BEGINS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where does this Red Panda thing come from...

This is hilarious!

Once you go Red! You go Dead!

I think that the new lineup should induct the old line up at the rrhof then everyones there, everyone has a honorary duty. I think this states yes we are the band of originals and we did this and at the sametime says we are the new GnR it is a honor to induct you for your achievements without them we would not be here today, it could open the door to a combination of events the oldmembers could play together with no further expectations they could even all jam on a current cd song everyones present everyone participates their could be no justifiable "hard feelings".

I think a "leaving the door open to the future" status is what the RRHOF event should be about. Instead of the feuding in the media, even if they never did an AFD era lineup tour, just the fact they got together for a night and then spoke complimentary about each other.

Just go with what Peter Gabriel does.."I'm too busy, maybe someday. We talk to each other now and then" line he uses is classier than taking potshots. It stops journalists putting band members against each other just so they get media attention on their articles and the fanbase in any sort of frenzy about it.

I am hoping the future of GNR is going to be mixing up the old and new members of the band in the studio and coming up with incredible music. I think the only reason to reunite the AFD era lineup would be a second set situation where they'd do AFD from beginning to end, and just make it a Hollywood Bowl event, where Pet Sounds and Astral Weeks have already been done, but if Camp Freddy was doing a show the night before, people would be expecting it to be a "warmup". The buzz and rumors around that show would be insane.