How fucking sick is Axl Rose

SMG

I can think of another Chinese Democracy instrumental that's even better.

Brain/Freese is what makes this so good, so good:

If there was a better quality version of that one it would be insane! Prostitute is an absolute boss of a song!

This one isn't too shabby either

That sounds really weird :blink:

I think it's fuckin awesome. I love hearing Izzy's, Steven's, and Axl's parts more clearly. Plus you know I have a reputation around here of being an anti-Slashole. ; ) ; ) So of course I'm obligated to post a permutation of the song sans Slash. haha

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

That version of Street of Dream is actually quite good. I think I would've preferred if it was actually that stripped down on the album, so we could hear the orchestra and the extra guitar parts more easily.

Some crazy man has popped Axl's vocals over the top, give this a listen!

www.filesonic.com/file/YD2FJRh/Street_Of_Dreams_-_Axl_with_Orchestra.MP3

Edited by SMG

That version of Street of Dream is actually quite good. I think I would've preferred if it was actually that stripped down on the album, so we could hear the orchestra and the extra guitar parts more easily.

Some crazy man has popped Axl's vocals over the top, give this a listen!

www.filesonic.com/file/YD2FJRh/Street_Of_Dreams_-_Axl_with_Orchestra.MP3

LOL

Sounds insane, The General live intro has the similar sound but more brooding, would love to hear what the rest of it sounds like. Would there have been a real orchestra that performed these or would it have been done on a high end keyboard??

not to turn this into an Axl vs Slash thread (dear god I hope it doesn't) but these songs are so fucking layered and complex and beautifully arrangd and orchestrated (not to mention the top flight almost unmatched lyrical brilliance) that I'm not surprised it didn't work out between them. I'm also not surprised it took so long to make. There are 3 or 4 versions of Street of Dreams out there with different combinations of tracks together, and they are all awesome. Prostitute is so fucking good as a song with Axl's voice and lyrics but even without them I love listening to it. There's a maturiity involved with this type of songwriting that I don't think is easily matched by anybody. I am in awe of Guns N' Roses for putting this all together.

not to turn this into an Axl vs Slash thread (dear god I hope it doesn't) but these songs are so fucking layered and complex and beautifully arrangd and orchestrated (not to mention the top flight almost unmatched lyrical brilliance) that I'm not surprised it didn't work out between them. I'm also not surprised it took so long to make. There are 3 or 4 versions of Street of Dreams out there with different combinations of tracks together, and they are all awesome. Prostitute is so fucking good as a song with Axl's voice and lyrics but even without them I love listening to it. There's a maturiity involved with this type of songwriting that I don't think is easily matched by anybody. I am in awe of Guns N' Roses for putting this all together.

I see what you mean, seeing the songs thinned down into each individual aspect pretty much presents us with what Axl was going for all along, he loves technicality, Slash on the other hand prefers good ol' fashioned in your face rock and roll. Both in their own way have their place.

These songs are immensely complicated. It's weird, half the songs on the album have near orchestral masterpieces in the background, and unless you really listen for them, you never even hear them. Thank God for the multi-tracks. These are things of beauty. We've heard many people say 'CD' is the "soundtrack to Axl's head", and that may kinda be closer to the truth. The album does sound like an epic soundtrack...

You know Axl didn't arrange any of those orchestral parts right?

That is true, it was all the work of Marco Bellami(could be wrong) and other artists. Still, no one else in the rock world has this blend of sound.

I accept that Axl is the most important piece of the puzzle, but we know from all the statements we have from the late 90s till today that many, many musicians contributed countless bits and pices and whole parts. Axl himself always motivated them to do so. Of course he was the one who pulled it all together, but I think he would be the first to stress that the final masterpieces are team efforts.

So basically the right title would be something along the lines "How fucking sick is Guns N' Roses Mark 2.1b to 5.72" - although I confess that this doesn't sound very rock n' rollish. :rofl-lol: