Rolling Stone Magazine "Our 10 Greatest Hopes and Fears for 2012"

Duda

"Our 10 Greatest Hopes and Fears for 2012

2012 is going to be a big year for music. We hope these people don't screw it up."

Guns N' Roses Get Into the Rock Hall and Roll Hall of Fame

Hope: Of course, the dream is that Axl sucks it up and plays a mini-set with the original lineup at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in Cleveland.

Then we hope it goes so well that the band goes on tour and records an amazing new album. This scenario is incredibly unlikely.

Fear: After months of rumors, Steven Adler is the only member of Guns N' Roses to actually show up at the ceremony.

He winds up playing on "Paradise City" with Paul Shaffer and the CBS Orchestra.

Rolling Stone

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just a sad story. The guy gets kicked out of GNR, still can't get off the drugs and ends up having a stroke and heart attack. Even after he gets sober and does this interview with Hard Copy, he eventually goes back to the drugs despite how badly they ruined his life. Unbelievable.

It is speculative, sensationalism articles like this that make me really dislike Rolling Stone,even though it is regular magazine size now.

WTF? There is nothing wrong with this article, whatsoever. Some posters on this board are the most emo people I have ever seen. Sure, it's "speculative" because guess what, the article is specifically about speculating what might happen in the future since most of us don't have time machines. As for "sensationalism", this is just silly. Okay, the writer would like to see a GNR reunion, as do many people, even though a lot of hardcore fans are quite happy with the current band, but they didn't say anything insulting or factually incorrect. Save the faux outrage for articles that actually are outrageous.

It is speculative, sensationalism articles like this that make me really dislike Rolling Stone,even though it is regular magazine size now.

WTF? There is nothing wrong with this article, whatsoever. Some posters on this board are the most emo people I have ever seen. Sure, it's "speculative" because guess what, the article is specifically about speculating what might happen in the future since most of us don't have time machines. As for "sensationalism", this is just silly. Okay, the writer would like to see a GNR reunion, as do many people, even though a lot of hardcore fans are quite happy with the current band, but they didn't say anything insulting or factually incorrect. Save the faux outrage for articles that actually are outrageous.

Wasn't outrage at all,faux,de jour or otherwise. I'm sure all of their "predictions" are geared to rope some more subscribers in,that's how they make money,corporate greed to the third degree.

I didn't care for a few sentences in that Article,and I haven't been an Avid RS reader for years. :rolleyes:

Wasn't outrage at all,faux,de jour or otherwise. I'm sure all of their "predictions" are geared to rope some more subscribers in,that's how they make money,corporate greed to the third degree.

I didn't care for a few sentences in that Article,and I haven't been an Avid RS reader for years. :rolleyes:

since when is making money corporate greed? if that's the case, Axl's the greediest of all the former members since he went to such lengths to get the name GUNS N ROSES - and that's the most bankable name - sure sure, I know all you nut huggers will say he wanted to protect the name - but all's he's done with it is make it a lughingstock the last 15 years

since when is making money corporate greed? if that's the case, Axl's the greediest of all the former members since he went to such lengths to get the name GUNS N ROSES - and that's the most bankable name - sure sure, I know all you nut huggers will say he wanted to protect the name - but all's he's done with it is make it a lughingstock the last 15 years

Putting all the "rap crap" musicians on the cover is selling out for a magazine like Rolling Stone.

Who used to cover Rock music,none of the pre-fab manufactured musicians. The A.M.A's have changed as well,it used to be watchable.

And before you hop down the Rabbit Hole too far trying to elicit an emotional remark for your own Gratification,Newsflash Axl owns the GNR name,he brought it in with him its only right for him to perform under that name.

If you don't or can't comprehend that simple principal why would you waste your time on this forum? :rolleyes:

I bet only Adler shows up :rofl-lol:

I HOPE that Adler will be the only one there. Fuck RRHOF and Fuck RS.

Ha! Adler is there already :xmassrudolph:

*rolls eyes at sailway's post*

i know it's tough for some of you to take, but there are people who DO enjoy rap/hip hop.

*rolls Sunny's eyes back to him*

I'm aware of people identifying/listening to more than one genre of music,I liked 2live Crew,Bodycount,and Bones,Thugs n'harmony.

But personally I think that the AMAs,MTV etc. Cater too much to the Hip/hopping rapsters.

What's funny is that the majority of people have little to no expectation of Axl showing up at all.

If he makes an official announcement saying he's def. not going, people are just going to yawn. Not saying anything gets people somewhat excited. Showing up for the award will make tuning in worth it. Playing a set will make it one of the best appearances of all time.

Rolling Stone doesn't have to define rock and roll - we all do it every day. Wenner's Country Club is just one aspect of the Rock Hall, and complaining about it is like complaining about the Hard Rock Cafe for using memorabilia to get you in to buy a beer and have a burger. To me music history is in the recordings and learning how to play music more than it is about the image part of it, even though that's almost as important. Music has to outdo the image, otherwise you look like Dave Navarro in a Mariah Carey video pretending to play a Def Leppard cover, or an actor using a guitar as a prop.

Fashion is important in the GNR family - the look of a rock star prob. helped some of them get work, but have the skills to back it up. But you've seen what GNR looked like before they were rock stars. It was inside them though, on their bedroom walls, in their heads, and all that.

Reunions All Around

Hope: The Beach Boys can't be the only major rock reunion on the road this year. Here's hoping that the Talking Heads, the Smiths, the Fugees, Pink Floyd, the Kinks, Led Zeppelin or OutKast finally come to their senses and get the bands back together.

Fear: The Cars will tour again, and somehow play even worse than they did on their dreadfully boring 2011 reunion tour.

Notice a conspicuous abscence? They weren't asking for a Guns reunion at all.