How much of a pain in the ass are we anyway?

Cosmo

I think everyone agrees that most of us sometimes exceed the "loyal fan base" category and step into the "pain in the ass" fans category. I mean, sometimes I catch myself discussing (along with other members in the boards) about Axl's friggin' wardrobe. It doesn't really get much worse than that :tongue2: . There are a few rants in which Axl actually expresses his negative feelings towards the internet and I think that in some of those he's talking specifically about the online GnR fan base, like us (see Live in Ohio '02 or Rock in Rio III for more information). Do you guys feel this too? I mean.... some people actually stayed online during New Yeay's eve complaining there were no new songs on the Vegas setlist. Do you think Axl and co. see us as a pain in the ass most of the time? :xmasssanta:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone agrees that most of us sometimes exceed the "loyal fan base" category and step into the "pain in the ass" fans category. I mean, sometimes I catch myself discussing (along with other members in the boards) about Axl's friggin' wardrobe. It doesn't really get much worse than that :tongue2: . There are a few rants in which Axl actually expresses his negative feelings towards the internet and I think that in some of those he's talking specifically about the online GnR fan base, like us (see Live in Ohio '02 or Rock in Rio III for more information). Do you guys feel this too? I mean.... some people actually stayed online during New Yeay's eve complaining there were no new songs on the Vegas setlist. Do you think Axl and co. see us as a pain in the ass most of the time? :xmasssanta:

I think it would be best for his sanity to stay far away from this place.

I'm pretty positive Axl could give a rats ass and hasn't lost one wink of sleep over what we all say on here. Other current members, I wouldn't doubt they get worked up at times.

Are you kidding? We're the wind in their sales. Trust me, if Ron didn't love us, he wouldn't be putting himself through that much back and neck pain to perform. Why would they do webchats and appear on the forums to talk to fans? Why would they hang around after the show to meet fans? Certainly they don't like some of the stupid hate they get here -- and who can blame them -- but I think that overall, they love us almost as much as we love them.

We are the paying public, without us they are nothing.

If we are such a pain, there are a million other ways to make a living.

Read the first post. I'm talking about mygnr fans. We're not even 10% of the paying public.

Good post as We the fans all can be a pain in the ass sometimes and as you said, discuss such in depth stuff it's border line obsessive...... Me included ?

But us fans have been starved of music, media, videos and interviews for so long that it's understandable at the same time.

IMO all the crap talk has kept the band interesting during frustrating an quiet months even years

Yeah I think they have thicker skin than you think they do

It's an interesting question. Axl made a couple of negative comments but that was back in 2001-2002. The internet was pretty big back then, but has exploded since. Several articles about Axl over the last 10 years have suggested that he does spend time reading fan forums quite a bit, or at least used to do so. I think he has probably changed his mind to some extent, but how often he visits is impossible to guess.

If you stop and think about the positive aspects of the internet for bands, it's impressive. Real time information through Facebook and Twitter. Casual fans can drop by once in a while and get news, tour dates, etc. Hardcore fans debating everything, passing on new info to family & friends. Band members can interact with fans when they choose to do so. Then there's the negative, a relatively small group of morons posting a bunch of garbage. If it's written about you I can see if being very disconcerting, but you have to develop a thick skin when you're in the public eye. It's just part of the game.

The dolphin thing is a good example, it doesn't happen without the boards (and it seemed to be MyGNR in particular leading the effort). Gets talked about here, one guy executes a plan to perfection, videos are available afterwards, the band got a kick out of it and it turned out to be one of the highlights of the tour, silly but fun. Seems like getting Estranged and Civil War added to the set were a direct result of this type of fan interaction as well.

I think it would be best for his sanity to stay far away from this place.

Yes, the Atmosphere here can,and often does get toxic.

We are not 10% of mygnrforum fans.

I want Bumblefoot to post videos of his reactions to our posts.

No,you really don't.

Is anybody here old enough to remember GNRonline? And the "Zoxe~Renato incident.

I heard of the incident but I was not around for it...do tell

In short,Two members that perpetuated misinformation and basically talked pure unadulterated shit,got Namechecked/called out for their idiotic assumptions :lol:

We are not 10% of mygnrforum fans.

I want Bumblefoot to post videos of his reactions to our posts.

No,you really don't.

Is anybody here old enough to remember GNRonline? And the "Zoxe~Renato incident.

I heard of the incident but I was not around for it...do tell

From what I've gathered Xoze (or whatever the spelling is) and Renato were as confused as anybody about the RIR3 comments. They claimed they didn't know what Axl was talking about.

Probably just the garbage talk in general.

Sure they didnt, Sounds like they tried a twist of damage control.

Actually they weren't much worse than a "select" number of people here.

I can beleive that

Here is the exact quote Volcano:

You know, I used to go on the internet, but the internet seems to be the big garbage can. So I don't read the things they say on the internet anymore, and that goes for your comments too Renato, and Xozi, and anyone else who likes to think that they know what's going on but have no idea. -- Rock in Rio 3

I can beleive that

Here is the exact quote Volcano:

You know, I used to go on the internet, but the internet seems to be the big garbage can. So I don't read the things they say on the internet anymore, and that goes for your comments too Renato, and Xozi, and anyone else who likes to think that they know what's going on but have no idea. -- Rock in Rio 3

OH that quote!!! Never understood the names! He should call out more people on their bullshit but that would be giving them attention for nothing.

Some are attention whores,that is a given.

You never really know who might be reading this. :book:

In that case Slash must cry when he reads my posts :rofl-lol:

j/k

Where exactly does your hatred of Slash come from? And how are are you allowed to get away with it when (via the rules) no disparaging of current/former members of GnR is allowed? Seriously, I know I can't rip on whatever current members Axl has anymore or I'll get warned/booted. I just don't get the hatred of Slash. Without any of the original GnR'rs you never woulda had any GnR. Be grateful to your GnR "forefathers." LOL

In that case Slash must cry when he reads my posts :rofl-lol:

j/k

Don't provoke and prod turning this into another useless VS thread.

You know by making that comment it will cause undue drama.

Back to the topic: I honestly fail to comprehend why some people claim to be "Fans", When all they do is spew hate,encourage rumors and actually hide under the guise of "constructive critics"