NAMM 2012

MishoGunsNRoses

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone is reading way too much into this. Duff announced this as a Loaded-related bit of news, and he's letting people know who Ron is for anyone who isn't following GN'R anymore. I seriously doubt it's any more than that.

Agreed, I can't belive some of the responses in this thread

Edited by WhazUp

Damn smooth.....I just don't get it. How can a fan be more upset than Duff and Izzy? It is their old band and effects theory lives, and they got over it and moved on. But a fan can't? Friggen weird.

The Groghan argument!

It appears once or twice every few days and even when people explain their reasons he still persists with it. I guess you're hoping some new people will see it and take it at face value are you?

Band members may not give two shits about bands they were in. Why the hell would that effect the fans of that band? The music doesn't age, the music stays the same. If you're a fan of a band and you love that band and want them together even if they're all good playing with other people or sitting around at home.

What about bands that made money and retired? Should those fans just sit and go "well, they're done, I guess I shouldn't even hope they get back together." No, of course as a fan you'll want them to get together. Now by picking at people's posts you've launched the classic debate that you so tirelessly think you're trying to suppress.

Why can't you understand this.....

You totally miss the point.

Wish and dream all you want. I wish Buddy Holly hadn't died. I would have liked a couple more albums from the old band. Debate all you want on that stuff.

The point which you ignore is simple. People are STILL holding a grudge and are angry at the role Axl played in the breakup of the old band, and are angry that Axl continues to use the name of the band that he started and still owns.

A "fan" should not be more angry or carry a grudge longer than the actual participants.

The name and use of the name ONLY has a concrete and real effect on people associated with that band. A fan is only effected by the music (or lack of music) that is released by that brand name.

So in no way, shape or form, should a fan be more angry than a former band member. It is illogical.

People are freaking out about Duff hanging with Bumblefoot and introducing him as a member of GnR. If Duff, an ex-member has no problem doing that.....it is insane that a fan does.

Mad the old band broke up - a bit childish, but understandable.

Still carrying a grudge about it.....idiotic.

More angry than ex-band members are......only a complete clown.