NAMM 2012

MishoGunsNRoses

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron has been in this band for almost six years.

Positive Impact :

-He recorded some parts on Chinese Democracy

-He got some recognition, toured the world and made some money

Negative Impact :

-He has yet to write anything with GnR

-His solo career is at an all time low. These covers, as much as they were good, were just that, covers, and the original material was nowhere near as good as what he used to release before joining GnR.

-The recognition he got goes hand in hand with an equal amount of disrespect, harrassment, bullshit

-Being in GnR in his case means playing mostly other people's music, cancelling personal plans, and waiting on Axl for him to show up on stage, for him to confirm a giant tour, for him to green light another record

I don't like the fact that this band is nothing more than a live band. It hasn't been going anywhere for the last four years, which I would be ok with as a BBF fan if Ron's solo career had not been impacted so severely.

All of this for what ? Because Axl *needs* him to play Buckethead's and Slash's solo, the Shackler's solo live, and his Pink Panther solo spot so he can pay whatever asshole manager didn't do his job.

If this band isn't writing any music, then, IMHO, it doesn't deserve the name Guns n' Roses.

If you are ok with Guns being a touring band only, then be my guest, but don't tell me my opinion is wrong because it belongs to me and I have every right as a Bumblefoot fan to be disgruntled with his involvement in this joke.

Your opinion is yours and not a fact. If you would tell Axl that Ron is not in GNR he would laugh in your face. Or come on the forum to bitch you out. You dont have a say on who is in GNR.

Alright I'll clarify then.

IMO

Axl deserves to use the name to create new music that is worthy of the band's past. 2001 to 2006 GnR made sense.

If he's just using it for touring then he's a hypocrite and as a BBF fan it sucks for me that the "GnR touring extravaganza" is ruining his solo career.

However, I just realized that this is going very off topic because of my comments so I will leave it at that.

Guns N' Roses released new music it's called Chinese Democracy. Also since when do fans complain about their favorite band touring?

I never do!:-P

Some of you people are ludicrious.

YOU have more hatred and emotion towards GnR dealings than the ACTUAL PEOPLE INVOLVED.

It's almost sick. How arrogant of you.

In no way, shape or form should some random fan be more upset and still carrying a bigger grudge than the PEOPLE WHO WERE/ARE INVOLVED.

If Izzy and Duff are cool with it enough to take the stage with the new band.........if Duff is cool enough with it to open for the current verson of GnR..........if Slash is attending dinner with a current member of GNR...........if Duff is cool enough with it to do publicity events or shows with current GnR members....................then how is it humanly possible that YOU are not?

Duff got over it, moved on and is living his life now...........but you can't. That is just frigging weird.

If you went up and expressed your emotions to Duff, told him what he was doing was just terrible, the guy would probably shake his head, tell you "Dude, it is just music. Time for you to move on." And then move as far away from you as soon as possible.

Axl nutters are those who are fans of the singer...........so what do you call the people who are still filled with so much anger and hatred 15 years later towards a situation where the actual particpants have gotten over it and moved on? Crazies? Psychos? Clowns? Morons?

Alright I'll clarify then.

IMO

Axl deserves to use the name to create new music that is worthy of the band's past. 2001 to 2006 GnR made sense.

If he's just using it for touring then he's a hypocrite and as a BBF fan it sucks for me that the "GnR touring extravaganza" is ruining his solo career.

However, I just realized that this is going very off topic because of my comments so I will leave it at that.

So you are telling Axl that what he is doing with HIS band is wrong.

And you are telling Bumblefoot that what he is CHOOSING to do with his career is wrong.

That about sum it up?

You do realize that Ron isn't being held at gunpoint in GnR, right? He could quit and go back to his solo career. But he chooses to stay and play with GnR. And you do realize that most musicians love to play live, right?

So Ron is choosing how he wants to run his career. He is touring, having fun, getting paid.......but that is wrong in your book?

With fans like you, who needs enemies!!!!

Christ almighty. If Duff can move on from the past and accept how things are, there is no reason why some fans shouldn't be able to do the same.

Ali

That's where you're wrong : if it weren't for Chinese, I wouldn't give the slightest fuck about GnR at all. I'm here mainly because with NuGnR Axl chose to go into a direction that I'm interested in, contrary to classic Guns n' Roses.

It's just that there is absolutely no need for him to pretend like this is the same band because it's really not.

Why would he answer the questions about a GnR reunion instead of simply saying "Sorry, but no, there is already a band called Guns n' Roses out there" if he really thought that ?

You are 100% right! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow, this thread is filled with a whole lot of gibberish so far. I'm sorry to break this news to some forum members who hadn't heard, but Duff McKagan left Guns n' Roses in 1997. As a result, you will from time to time see him referred to as a former member of Guns n' Roses. Ron Thal is currently ("current", as in, like, right now) in the band. That is why you will sometimes see him referred to as a member of the band.

They appear to be on friendly terms, and are smart guys. (Unlike a few posters around here). The only thing "wrong" here is the bizarre reaction of a few weirdos on a message board who don't get this simple concept.

Some of you people got to let it go.

I did it a long time ago, but don't you think it's funny that Duff McKagan itroduces someone other as a member of Guns N' Roses, FUCK what the contracts says GNR isn't Axl. And I know what are you going to say next, Duff isn't a member and Bumblefoot is, shure it's ok, but where does it end? I respect and love the new lineup but I will always pick Izzy, Axl Duff n Slash(Dizzy Mat or Steven) over Axl,Fortus, Bumble, DJ, Frank, Pitman, T.S., Dizzy, Beta, Fernando.

Wow, this thread is filled with a whole lot of gibberish so far. I'm sorry to break this news to some forum members who hadn't heard, but Duff McKagan left Guns n' Roses in 1997. As a result, you will from time to time see him referred to as a former member of Guns n' Roses. Ron Thal is currently ("current", as in, like, right now) in the band. That is why you will sometimes see him referred to as a member of the band.

They appear to be on friendly terms, and are smart guys. (Unlike a few posters around here). The only thing "wrong" here is the bizarre reaction of a few weirdos on a message board who don't get this simple concept.

I did it a long time ago, but don't you think it's funny that Duff McKagan itroduces someone other as a member of Guns N' Roses, FUCK what the contracts says GNR isn't Axl. And I know what are you going to say next, Duff isn't a member and Bumblefoot is, shure it's ok, but where does it end? I respect and love the new lineup but I will always pick Izzy, Axl Duff n Slash(Dizzy Mat or Steven) over Axl,Fortus, Bumble, DJ, Frank, Pitman, T.S., Dizzy, Beta, Fernando.

For GOD sake, move on!

I did it a long time ago, but don't you think it's funny that Duff McKagan itroduces someone other as a member of Guns N' Roses

Not when that someone other actually IS a member of Guns N' Roses.

FUCK what the contracts says GNR isn't Axl.

You're right, Axl, Dizzy, Tommy, Richard, Frank, Chris, Bumblefoot and Dj IS Guns N' Roses.

And I know what are you going to say next, Duff isn't a member and Bumblefoot is, shure it's ok, but where does it end?

It ends when all ACTUAL band members have been listened. If you continue to, let's say, Madonna, then you've gone too far.

I respect and love the new lineup but I will always pick Izzy, Axl Duff n Slash(Dizzy Mat or Steven) over Axl,Fortus, Bumble, DJ, Frank, Pitman, T.S., Dizzy, Beta, Fernando.

What would you pick them for?

Some of you people are ludicrious.

YOU have more hatred and emotion towards GnR dealings than the ACTUAL PEOPLE INVOLVED.

It's almost sick. How arrogant of you.

In no way, shape or form should some random fan be more upset and still carrying a bigger grudge than the PEOPLE WHO WERE/ARE INVOLVED.

If Izzy and Duff are cool with it enough to take the stage with the new band.........if Duff is cool enough with it to open for the current verson of GnR..........if Slash is attending dinner with a current member of GNR...........if Duff is cool enough with it to do publicity events or shows with current GnR members....................then how is it humanly possible that YOU are not?

Duff got over it, moved on and is living his life now...........but you can't. That is just frigging weird.

If you went up and expressed your emotions to Duff, told him what he was doing was just terrible, the guy would probably shake his head, tell you "Dude, it is just music. Time for you to move on." And then move as far away from you as soon as possible.

Axl nutters are those who are fans of the singer...........so what do you call the people who are still filled with so much anger and hatred 15 years later towards a situation where the actual particpants have gotten over it and moved on? Crazies? Psychos? Clowns? Morons?

It's funny, you can say this until you're blue in the face, which you probably already have, and a couple posts later some illiterate doofus will come in whining about the breakup again. It's pathetic, but what can you do?

And your point is? Exactly........ You aren't the grand poobah of fuckn gnr. The current state of the band is the way it is. Izzy and duff obviously dont mind. If you can't dig it I suggest you move on, because having these kind of feelings towards a band ain't healthy man.

That's cool, and I know they've gotten along for awhile. But it is funny how Duff had nothing to say about the 2002 lineup, and Buckethead...but then he plays with "this" lineup...and they are the greatest thing ever lol

I guess I missed all the hidden subtext in this statement ("Hey, everyone! A little bit of Loaded news: NAMM 2012 will have appearances of Duff and Mike (with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal of G'nR)...") that equals Duff saying the 2002 lineup sucks but the 2011 lineup is the greatest thing ever.

Damn smooth.....I just don't get it. How can a fan be more upset than Duff and Izzy? It is their old band and effects theory lives, and they got over it and moved on. But a fan can't? Friggen weird.

I don't know man, the refusal of some people to mature with time completely puts me at a loss for words. I guess they suffer from a severe case of Peter Pan syndrome. There are a lot of things that I don't like on this Earth, but I have never visited a forum dedicated to a single one of them.

Damn smooth.....I just don't get it. How can a fan be more upset than Duff and Izzy? It is their old band and effects theory lives, and they got over it and moved on. But a fan can't? Friggen weird.

But Izzy and Duff both made millions of dollars off being in GNR. We just post for free on a forum named after said band.

Edited by ITW 2012

That's cool, and I know they've gotten along for awhile. But it is funny how Duff had nothing to say about the 2002 lineup, and Buckethead...but then he plays with "this" lineup...and they are the greatest thing ever lol

Maybe because he didn't run into Axl in London and reform their friendship in 2002?