NAMM 2012

MishoGunsNRoses

-‎NAMM Sat Jan 21, 2-3pm @ Engl Amps Booth 5824 Hall B

Signing with Duff McKagan & Mike Squires & Bumblefoot. From Bumblefoot FB.

-But here's what I found interesting from Duff Mckagan Loaded page:

Hey, everyone! A little bit of Loaded news: NAMM 2012 will have appearances of Duff and Mike (with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal of G'nR)...

It's fucking stupid to se the man who symbolises gnr introducing Bumblefoot as a GNR member. I didn't feel like this when Duff opened for Guns but know I felt it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe he just doesn't hate the current musicians as much as you cupcakes think he should. Or maybe -- GASP -- he's a fan of their talents!

I'm not a cupcake and I don't hate Ron or any other member of the new lineup, but doesn't it look kind of stupid, imagine Duff saying : "I'll be at NAMM today with Bumblefoot, from Guns N Roses, you know him? "

Or maybe he just doesn't hate the current musicians as much as you cupcakes think he should. Or maybe -- GASP -- he's a fan of their talents!

I'm not a cupcake and I don't hate Ron or any other member of the new lineup, but doesn't it look kind of stupid, imagine Duff saying : "I'll be at NAMM today with Bumblefoot, from Guns N Roses, you know him? "

No, it doesn't look stupid to me. It looks factually accurate.

What looks stupid to me is how you're trying so hard to see something so innocuous and well-intentioned through the prism of your lame GNR forum wars.

If you read his book, you'll get it why he's so cool with everything... and yeah, I think it's great that he's OK with the new members (and the new band). Life is too short for bullshit.

+1.

Duff's book is a fantastic read and you see exactly why he is how he is. Great guy.

I see where some people might have a problem with this but I think sometimes we can look into things too much. Bumblefoot is currently in Guns N' Roses and Duff is acknowledging it. Nice sign of mutual respect.

They're musicians going to a musician trade show that happen to have been part of the same band at different times. They're all there to make money and interact with friends they've crossed paths with over the years.

Duff at this point can be amused by Axl's antics and just keep in touch as friends. The business side of it keeps that friendship pretty damn fragile though.

*sigh* This can be picked apart in so many different ways...

1. He's way too into some spiritual guidance thing of forgiving and embracing the things that wronged you. He has been slowly turning from drunk punk to goody-goody political father over the years. (I love Duff, sorry to say this. The man is smart now and I respect him but there's pros and cons to everything)

2. He's sucking up to nu-gnr pretending he accepts them all in preparation for a civil RHOF in a few months.

Both are possible.

Now if you allow me to flip the coin "Duff introducing current GnR members as a ... GnR member?"-dilemma. Personally I find it a little unsettling myself and I view it in 2 ways. Duff could be 'knuckling-under' and trying to get along with Axl / trying to keep out of the schism / etc. But it could also be possible that Duff doesn't want to associate himself with the GnR name anymore? Or maybe he thinks of the current GnR as a separate entity to the one he belonged to (or just doesn't consider it GnR)? If you think about it, stating it the way he did kind-off distances himself from the GnR band and he seems to be doing a lot of that lately, right? His book was kind of a "I'm putting the past behind me now and starting anew".

But yes, I do think this could be some sort of prep for RnRHOF. Perhaps he's trying to make the current band feel more accepted so they are more likely to turn up? Or perhaps he just happens to like BBF?

....ah whatever. Best not over think it. They seem to be interacting so I'll mark that as a good thing in my book... <_<

Edited by KiraMPD

-‎NAMM Sat Jan 21, 2-3pm @ Engl Amps Booth 5824 Hall B

Signing with Duff McKagan & Mike Squires & Bumblefoot. From Bumblefoot FB.

-But here's what I found interesting from Duff Mckagan Loaded page:

Hey, everyone! A little bit of Loaded news: NAMM 2012 will have appearances of Duff and Mike (with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal of G'nR)...

It's fucking stupid to se the man who symbolises gnr introducing Bumblefoot as a GNR member. I didn't feel like this when Duff opened for Guns but know I felt it.

"the man who symbolises gnr' - that would be the ginger haired one who answers to the name W Axl Rose

I agree...As much as I love NuGnR, it feels wrong having the band members who created the best music of the band introduce the new ones that way...

I know Duff is cool with Ron but it still feels wrong.

And I'm sure Ron isn't very comfortable with Duff talking of his former band like he's never been part of it.

Thumbs up for him for being such a class act but there is no need to be *that* cool with what the band has become.

Great to see that Duff is a lot more mature than many fans here. An old band member not shying away from introducing a current member as a member, is just how it should be. The fact that some people have a problem with this just reflects how silly and absurd all the fighting between old guns fans and new guns fans have become, and the fact that they actually expect band members to reflect their own twisted and bitter thoughts on the evolution of the band, is bizarre.

I agree...As much as I love NuGnR, it feels wrong having the band members who created the best music of the band introduce the new ones that way...

And I'm sure Ron isn't very comfortable with Duff talking of his former band like he's never been part of it.

Thumbs up for him for being such a class act but there is no need to be *that* cool with what the band has become.

:thumbsup:

Wrong? How is it wrong? It is factually correct. In fact, it is the complete opposite of "wrong". He's not talking about the band like he was never a part of it. He just isn't a part of it any longer.

Christ almighty. If Duff can move on from the past and accept how things are, there is no reason why some fans shouldn't be able to do the same.

Ali

Wrong? How is it wrong? It is factually correct. In fact, it is the complete opposite of "wrong". He's not talking about the band like he was never a part of it. He just isn't a part of it any longer.

Christ almighty. If Duff can move on from the past and accept how things are, there is no reason why some fans shouldn't be able to do the same.

Ali

I agree 100%

People need to get over it, seriously.

Ali

That's where you're wrong : if it weren't for Chinese, I wouldn't give the slightest fuck about GnR at all. I'm here mainly because with NuGnR Axl chose to go into a direction that I'm interested in, contrary to classic Guns n' Roses.

It's just that there is absolutely no need for him to pretend like this is the same band because it's really not.

Why would he answer the questions about a GnR reunion instead of simply saying "Sorry, but no, there is already a band called Guns n' Roses out there" if he really thought that ?

Ali

That's where you're wrong : if it weren't for Chinese, I wouldn't give the slightest fuck about GnR at all. I'm here mainly because with NuGnR Axl chose to go into a direction that I'm interested in, contrary to classic Guns n' Roses.

It's just that there is absolutely no need for him to pretend like this is the same band because it's really not.

Why would he answer the questions about a GnR reunion instead of simply saying "Sorry, but no, there is already a band called Guns n' Roses out there" if he really thought that ?

I don't think I am wrong. If Duff can have no problem accepting the fact that he is no longer a part of GN'R, and Bumblefoot is a part of GN'R, and therefore it is factually correct to refer to him as Bumblefoot from GN'R, then no fan should have a problem with it.

He isn't pretending it's the same band, that's where you are wrong. The fact of the matter is that Bumblefoot is the lead guitarist of GN'R. That doesn't mean that this is the same band lineup as what Duff was a part of. It's just stating a fact. It's the simple and you're complicating it unnecessarily.

Your point about a reunion is pedantic. Clearly, when being asked about a GN'R reunion, he is being asked about a reunion of the classic lineup.

Ali

Wow, this thread is filled with a whole lot of gibberish so far. I'm sorry to break this news to some forum members who hadn't heard, but Duff McKagan left Guns n' Roses in 1997. As a result, you will from time to time see him referred to as a former member of Guns n' Roses. Ron Thal is currently ("current", as in, like, right now) in the band. That is why you will sometimes see him referred to as a member of the band.

They appear to be on friendly terms, and are smart guys. (Unlike a few posters around here). The only thing "wrong" here is the bizarre reaction of a few weirdos on a message board who don't get this simple concept.

Some of you people got to let it go.