NAMM 2012

MishoGunsNRoses

I agree...As much as I love NuGnR, it feels wrong having the band members who created the best music of the band introduce the new ones that way...

I know Duff is cool with Ron but it still feels wrong.

And I'm sure Ron isn't very comfortable with Duff talking of his former band like he's never been part of it.

Thumbs up for him for being such a class act but there is no need to be *that* cool with what the band has become.

Like he's never been a part of it? Then why did he play with the band in both 2010 and 2011? How is that acting like he's never been a part of the band? No one (including Duff) is trying to make it appear Duff was never a part of the band, if that was the case why would Axl have invited Duff to play with the band in several shows?

I think you're reading way too much into this. Duff is just being nice, he and Ron seems to get along really well, they even follow each other on Twitter. Duff and Axl have put the past behind them, they are friends again and they even play together once in a while. Would you rather Duff and Axl were still not talking? That Duff was bitching about Axl and the GNR name in interviews constantly?

Take this for what it is - Duff being supportive of Ron (and the band in general) cause he has moved on and realized it just ain't worth it, life's too short.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way Duff has been able to interact with current GnR, it shows that he has grown beyond the bullshit and can enjoy people for who they are.

I should have guessed some might see it as a bad thing.

Exactly. Duff left Guns N' Roses on his own, and acknowledges that there are people who want to keep the name alive.

Or maybe he just doesn't hate the current musicians as much as you cupcakes think he should. Or maybe -- GASP -- he's a fan of their talents!

I'm not a cupcake and I don't hate Ron or any other member of the new lineup, but doesn't it look kind of stupid, imagine Duff saying : "I'll be at NAMM today with Bumblefoot, from Guns N Roses, you know him? "

Nope not stupid at all. If Duff has no problem with it, why should you. Ron is a part of Guns now and for its future. Duff did his part and we thank him for that.

Edited by batman007

It's just that there is absolutely no need for him to pretend like this is the same band because it's really not.

Why do you think he is "pretending it is the same band"? He is acknowledging that there IS a band called Guns N' Roses in 2011 and that Bumblefoot is a member of said band. That is all he does. And it is correct. People here really put FAN in FANATICAL.

-‎NAMM Sat Jan 21, 2-3pm @ Engl Amps Booth 5824 Hall B

Signing with Duff McKagan & Mike Squires & Bumblefoot. From Bumblefoot FB.

-But here's what I found interesting from Duff Mckagan Loaded page:

Hey, everyone! A little bit of Loaded news: NAMM 2012 will have appearances of Duff and Mike (with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal of G'nR)...

It's fucking stupid to se the man who symbolises gnr introducing Bumblefoot as a GNR member. I didn't feel like this when Duff opened for Guns but know I felt it.

Why do facts bother you so much bro?

Duff is in loaded, BBf is in gnr.

Hey, everyone! A little bit of Loaded news: NAMM 2012 will have appearances of Duff and Mike (with Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal of G'nR)...

It's fucking stupid to se the man who symbolises gnr introducing Bumblefoot as a GNR member. I didn't feel like this when Duff opened for Guns but know I felt it.

Oooh! I can explain that! The reason is underlined in the first quote, to MishoGunsNRoses, and some other fans, "Guns N' Roses" is a static concept with a non-changeable lineup. As soon as the "essential members" left the band, the band ceased to exist and what we have today is just a fake imitation. Any reference to the current band as "Guns N' Roses" is an attack on their misconceptions and their warped outlook. And when it is one of these "essential members" who attack their misconceptions, it is considered a betrayal which they struggle to cope with. One way of coping with this is making up explanations for why Duff says it, i.e. he is trying to make peace before HOF, or because he is a pushover, and so on, when in fact he is only stating what is factual and it is the weirdos here who should try to examine their reasons for thinking Duff said anything wrong.

There is a nice psychological term for this which unfortunately eludes me.

Edited by SoulMonster

Duff and Ron has the same roadie, so they had a lot of interaction way before BBF was in GN'R.

Ron had no roadie before he was in GnR.

He used to travel Europe with his band in a van.

Set up his gear, play, then pack and head to the next town.

Maybe it should have stayed that way.

Back then as much as he was pretty much unknown, his work wasn't tainted by someone else's giant hypocrisy.

It's just that there is absolutely no need for him to pretend like this is the same band because it's really not.

Why do you think he is "pretending it is the same band"? He is acknowledging that there IS a band called Guns N' Roses in 2011 and that Bumblefoot is a member of said band. That is all he does. And it is correct. People here really put FAN in FANATICAL.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

Ali

Ron has been in this band for almost six years.

Positive Impact :

-He recorded some parts on Chinese Democracy

-He got some recognition, toured the world and made some money

Negative Impact :

-He has yet to write anything with GnR

-His solo career is at an all time low. These covers, as much as they were good, were just that, covers, and the original material was nowhere near as good as what he used to release before joining GnR.

-The recognition he got goes hand in hand with an equal amount of disrespect, harrassment, bullshit

-Being in GnR in his case means playing mostly other people's music, cancelling personal plans, and waiting on Axl for him to show up on stage, for him to confirm a giant tour, for him to green light another record

I don't like the fact that this band is nothing more than a live band. It hasn't been going anywhere for the last four years, which I would be ok with as a BBF fan if Ron's solo career had not been impacted so severely.

All of this for what ? Because Axl *needs* him to play Buckethead's and Slash's solo, the Shackler's solo live, and his Pink Panther solo spot so he can pay whatever asshole manager didn't do his job.

If this band isn't writing any music, then, IMHO, it doesn't deserve the name Guns n' Roses.

If you are ok with Guns being a touring band only, then be my guest, but don't tell me my opinion is wrong because it belongs to me and I have every right as a Bumblefoot fan to be disgruntled with his involvement in this joke.

Ron has been in this band for almost six years.

Positive Impact :

-He recorded some parts on Chinese Democracy

-He got some recognition, toured the world and made some money

Negative Impact :

-He has yet to write anything with GnR

-His solo career is at an all time low. These covers, as much as they were good, were just that, covers, and the original material was nowhere near as good as what he used to release before joining GnR.

-The recognition he got goes hand in hand with an equal amount of disrespect, harrassment, bullshit

-Being in GnR in his case means playing mostly other people's music, cancelling personal plans, and waiting on Axl for him to show up on stage, for him to confirm a giant tour, for him to green light another record

I don't like the fact that this band is nothing more than a live band. It hasn't been going anywhere for the last four years, which I would be ok with as a BBF fan if Ron's solo career had not been impacted so severely.

All of this for what ? Because Axl *needs* him to play Buckethead's and Slash's solo, the Shackler's solo live, and his Pink Panther solo spot so he can pay whatever asshole manager didn't do his job.

If this band isn't writing any music, then, IMHO, it doesn't deserve the name Guns n' Roses.

If you are ok with Guns being a touring band only, then be my guest, but don't tell me my opinion is wrong because it belongs to me and I have every right as a Bumblefoot fan to be disgruntled with his involvement in this joke.

I can't see that you have explained what you meant by "someone else's giant hypocrisy". I assume you are talking about Axl, but I am unclear on what the hypocrisy actually is. And I disagreed with a lot of what you said over, but that must be for another time.

I don't know, maybe, just maybe they're calling Ron a member of GN'R ,because HE IS part of the band!

Duff doesn't have a problem with this

Deal with it

great post :thumbsup:

if duff and izzy can move on and respect the new lineup of guns n roses i think some lame ass "fans" should be able to

Alright I'll clarify then.

IMO

Axl deserves to use the name to create new music that is worthy of the band's past. 2001 to 2006 GnR made sense.

If he's just using it for touring then he's a hypocrite and as a BBF fan it sucks for me that the "GnR touring extravaganza" is ruining his solo career.

However, I just realized that this is going very off topic because of my comments so I will leave it at that.

IMO

Axl deserves to use the name to create new music that is worthy of the band's past. 2001 to 2006 GnR made sense.

If he's just using it for touring then he's a hypocrite and as a BBF fan it sucks for me that the "GnR touring extravaganza" is ruining his solo career.

However, I just realized that this is going very off topic because of my comments so I will leave it at that.

Yeah, it is a bit off topic, but thanks for clarifying. I don't know why you say that Axl uses the band only for touring purposes. I am sure you are aware of Chinese Democracy and all the quotes from band members that they will do studio work now. I also think that you are aware that many bands do touring work in-between working on and releasing new music. I also doubt you claim that AC/DC, Metallica or any other band in the world, is merely a "touring band" when they are on tour and not actively writing/recording/releasing new music. Double standard, in other words. I also assume you are aware that the band has additional music that only needs "sprucing up" before it is ready for release. So all in all I feel you are very wrong.

When it comes to your statement that being in GN'R "ruins Bumbles solo career", so yeah, of course prioritizing GN'R would reduce the time and energy available for his other projects. But that is a priority he has made. You don't have to feel sorry for him, only for yourself for enjoying his solo work more than his work in GN'R.

IMO

Yeah, it is a bit off topic, but thanks for clarifying. I don't know why you say that Axl uses the band only for touring purposes. I am sure you are aware of Chinese Democracy and all the quotes from band members that they will do studio work now. I also think that you are aware that many bands do touring work in-between working on and releasing new music. I also doubt you claim that AC/DC, Metallica or any other band in the world, is merely a "touring band" when they are on tour and not actively writing/recording/releasing new music. Double standard, in other words. I also assume you are aware that the band has additional music that only needs "sprucing up" before it is ready for release. So all in all I feel you are very wrong.

When it comes to your statement that being in GN'R "ruins Bumbles solo career", so yeah, of course prioritizing GN'R would reduce the time and energy available for his other projects. But that is a priority he has made. You don't have to feel sorry for him, only for yourself for enjoying his solo work more than his work in GN'R.

Yeah, no shit. How in the hell can say he's using the name just for touring when Chinese Democracy was released? Axl has made it clear in his LA Times interview that he wants to put new material out after sorting out label-related issues.

So, yes, very, very wrong.

Ali

Oooh! I can explain that! The reason is underlined in the first quote, to MishoGunsNRoses, and some other fans, "Guns N' Roses" is a static concept with a non-changeable lineup. As soon as the "essential members" left the band, the band ceased to exist and what we have today is just a fake imitation. Any reference to the current band as "Guns N' Roses" is an attack on their misconceptions and their warped outlook. And when it is one of these "essential members" who attack their misconceptions, it is considered a betrayal which they struggle to cope with. One way of coping with this is making up explanations for why Duff says it, i.e. he is trying to make peace before HOF, or because he is a pushover, and so on, when in fact he is only stating what is factual and it is the weirdos here who should try to examine their reasons for thinking Duff said anything wrong.

There is a nice psychological term for this which unfortunately eludes me.

Oh. I see, makes sense now. Thanks :heart: