Dj ASHBA "Alot of exciting plans for GN'R (...) this year!!"

bumblecool

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dj runs his mouth too much. He's like Matt Sorum. "Oh I'm cool because I'm in GNR." Yea you played backup to a superior drummer. Same goes with Ashba. I love the new lineup. But Ashbas antics are starting to annoy me. Stop talking about exciting things that are going to happen and just make them happen.

Dj runs his mouth too much. He's like Matt Sorum. "Oh I'm cool because I'm in GNR." Yea you played backup to a superior drummer. Same goes with Ashba. I love the new lineup. But Ashbas antics are starting to annoy me. Stop talking about exciting things that are going to happen and just make them happen.

Tommy was doing it way before DJ got into the band

God people give Axl and GNR a break! They just did a world tour that finally included the US and now you're bitching about what they should do this year!

Let them be. whatever will be will be with this band. We know Axl works on a different time clock than anyone else, so just let it go for awhile.

Right now, I'm wondering who will be at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction in April and hoping for the whole original GNR to be there and accept it and then maybe, hopefully, play a song together for the sake of us fans.

I'm just trying to be happy that I actually got to see Axl and GNR in concert, so I thank them for that. Whatever they have planned for the future, is up to them. WE may not like waiting, but there's not much you can do about it.

Axl knows he has a good band now, so I guess hopefully, they will make some new music in the near future. For now, be happy the tour was a huge success and concentrate on other bands you like and get on with your lives.

speak for yourself bro...i dont want any reunion whatsoever even if its just for a night only :) if hof wants gnr to perform...then gnr will perform not the old line up

if hof wants gnr to perform...then gnr will perform not the old line up

What a ridiculous statement! So let's only have one fifth of the reason they're getting inducted on stage to receive the honour? There aren't enough facepalms in the world seriously! :rolleyes:

What a ridiculous statement! So let's only have one fifth of the reason they're getting inducted on stage to receive the honour? There aren't enough facepalms in the world seriously! :rolleyes:

I agree with what you're saying, but since they added Sorum and Dizzy, it's nothing but a joke anyway.

I think he meant that the old lineup would all be there to receive te honour, but if GN'R are to perform then it should be the current lineup.

Personally I hope they all will be there but I have no need to see the old lineup perform together and feel it would only detract from the current lineup.

I agree with what you're saying, but since they added Sorum and Dizzy, it's nothing but a joke anyway.

Get your point but whatever people's opinions of Matt and Dizzy may be they were present for the entire Illusion tour which was the biggest in the band's history and also recorded at least half of the material GnR are being recognised for the the HOF.

Get your point but whatever people's opinions of Matt and Dizzy may be they were present for the entire Illusion tour which was the biggest in the band's history and also recorded at least half of the material GnR are being recognised for the the HOF.

I know, but the Illusions would have been just as big without them.

Maybe so but you could probably say the same about AFD without Steven and maybe even Duff! You could also say the same about CD without anybody but Axl to be fair. :shrugs: Basically the criteria seems to be anybody who was in the band proper during their heyday and for that reason you need to include Matt and Dizzy.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

Maybe so but you could probably say the same about AFD without Steven and maybe even Duff! You could also say the same about CD without anybody but Axl to be fair. :shrugs:

I completely agree with that, but Steven and Duff were there to make the band successful. Matt and Dizzy just grabbed the coattails and hung on.

Maybe so but you could probably say the same about AFD without Steven and maybe even Duff! You could also say the same about CD without anybody but Axl to be fair. :shrugs:

I completely agree with that, but Steven and Duff were there to make the band successful. Matt and Dizzy just grabbed the coattails and hung on.

True but they were full members in the band's heyday regardless. Basically this whole induction has nothing to do with anything post 93 so it's the people who were around before then getting recognised. I suppose you could make an argument for Gilby on that criteria but then he never recorded anything during that time.

Maybe so but you could probably say the same about AFD without Steven and maybe even Duff! You could also say the same about CD without anybody but Axl to be fair. :shrugs: Basically the criteria seems to be anybody who was in the band proper during their heyday and for that reason you need to include Matt and Dizzy.

How dare you trivialize Adler's snare drum and cowbell! ; )

Steven's cowbell did more for Guns n Roses than Matt Sorum ever did. Seriously though, people forget that Adler was a popular band member. He might've been replaceable, as drummers kinda sorta are. But you will never replace his snare drum. Or cowbell.

Carry on.

True but they were full members in the band's heyday regardless. Basically this whole induction has nothing to do with anything post 93 so it's the people who were around before then getting recognised. I suppose you could make an argument for Gilby on that criteria but then he never recorded anything during that time.

I know what you mean, I just don't feel that they deserve it. I don't give them any credit for the success of Guns N' Roses.

I know what you mean, I just don't feel that they deserve it. I don't give them any credit for the success of Guns N' Roses.

But again I say you could've gotten rid of Steven and maybe Duff and Appetite would have been just as successful. By that logic the only people definitely deserving of induction would be Axl, Slash and Izzy and that's just a bit silly.

Well they hung on long enough and were involved in enough material that even if you believe the Illusions would be successful without them (I agree, btw) they're still a part of the band. 2 out of 3 major albums Dizzy and Matt played entirely on. 1 out of 2 "mini" albums Dizzy and Matt played on. Dizzy and Matt were in the band as full members for the bands most popular time and tour. You're making it seem like because they weren't chief songwriters they shouldn't get in. Man. Every band ever inducted pretty much has at least one relatively useless member. Plenty of bass players, drummers, rhythm guitarists get in because they're part of the band. You're not going to exclude them because you think the band would succeed without them in some hypothetical alternate reality.

The positions some people take around here, man....

I think that my position has validity. It's an alternate reality that is a fact. The Illusions would have been just as successful without them. If you don't understand that, you weren't around at the time.

But again I say you could've gotten rid of Steven and maybe Duff and Appetite would have been just as successful. By that logic the only people definitely deserving of induction would be Axl, Slash and Izzy and that's just a bit silly.

I don't think so. Duff and Steven added to the image of the band. That was half their selling point. Everyone in the band was fucking cool, nobody could deny that with the classic 5. The image was just as important as the music for making them the number one band in the world. Then they replaced Steven with Sorum. I don't know a single person that was happy about that. And nobody that I know ever really cared about Dizzy. If they even knew who he was.

I think that my position has validity. It's an alternate reality that is a fact. The Illusions would have been just as successful without them. If you don't understand that, you weren't around at the time.

It seems as though you have a problem with the definition of "facts." An alternate reality is not a "fact." It is something you made up in your head.

In real reality they were members of the most successful band during the most successful period of their careers. Since there is no such thing as "alternate reality" most people tend to reference real reality.

Mind you I think Duff was really important as well (he brought It's So Easy, helped write some lyrics, the bass in Sweet Child is great, I think he brought a lot of the energy to the record as well. I'm rambling now :monkey: )

My knowledge of Duff's contributions isn't enormous which is why I said maybe he could have been left out. If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up I just always saw Axl, Slash and Izzy as being those who made the most significant contributions during the Appetite days.