Iron Maiden to release "En Vivo!" Blu-Ray, DVD, and soundtrack.

Powerage5

Anyone watch Behind The Beast yet? I didn't have a chance to while I was home over the weekend, but I've been informed I'm in it! B)

I watched it. Pretty good. I didn't notice you in it but I'll have to watch it again and keep an eye out for you.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone watch Behind The Beast yet? I didn't have a chance to while I was home over the weekend, but I've been informed I'm in it! B)

I watched it. Pretty good. I didn't notice you in it but I'll have to watch it again and keep an eye out for you.

It's from Tampa, that's all I know. Dunno if it's a good shot of me or just a shot in passing or whatever yet.

I tried looking for you but couldn't find you.

Apparently it's just a REALLY quick crowd shot, so I'm not surprised.

BTW did anyone notice when Bruce introduced 2 Minutes To Midnight he said it was from '82? It was from '84.

Yep, not the first time he's made a mistake like that. A few times he's introduced songs as being from the wrong album (He's said 2MTM was on Piece Of Mind a few times). My favorite is on his solo video Dive! Dive! Live! he introduces All The Young Dudes as a song by Alice Cooper :lol:

BTW did anyone notice when Bruce introduced 2 Minutes To Midnight he said it was from '82? It was from '84.

Yep, not the first time he's made a mistake like that. A few times he's introduced songs as being from the wrong album (He's said 2MTM was on Piece Of Mind a few times). My favorite is on his solo video Dive! Dive! Live! he introduces All The Young Dudes as a song by Alice Cooper :lol:

yeah, and then he says during Winds Of Change that it was a B-Side for All The Young Dudes :crazy:

yeah, and then he says during Winds Of Change that it was a B-Side for All The Young Dudes :crazy:

Okay, I'm a little rusty on this one. I believe it was on SOME version of All THe Young Dudes (Maybe the 12"? I know it's not on the shaped picture disc). Other than that, I think it was on Born In '58? Admittedly, I don't know the lineage of Bruce's stuff as well as I could, theres still some songs on disc 2 of The Best Of I still have no clue where they come from (That version of Man Of Sorrows comes to mind)

Okay, I'm a little rusty on this one. I believe it was on SOME version of All THe Young Dudes (Maybe the 12"? I know it's not on the shaped picture disc). Other than that, I think it was on Born In '58? Admittedly, I don't know the lineage of Bruce's stuff as well as I could, theres still some songs on disc 2 of The Best Of I still have no clue where they come from (That version of Man Of Sorrows comes to mind)

Pretty sure that's from the deluxe edition of Accident of Birth. My cousin has my copy of that CD, so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure. I think it also had demos of Starchildren, Darkside of Aquarius, and Arc of Space.

Pretty sure that's from the deluxe edition of Accident of Birth. My cousin has my copy of that CD, so I can't check, but I'm pretty sure. I think it also had demos of Starchildren, Darkside of Aquarius, and Arc of Space.

Nope, there's 2 different radio edits of Man Of Sorrows on the deluxe AOB, the version on The Best Of is an entirely different take altogether though.

Ah, you're right. It's the '92 Man of Sorrows on there, isn't it? Ugh. I hate the vocal take on that one. I think I read somewhere that it was the demo for a movie that was s'posed to be made. But I can't for the life of me find a source for it.

I actually think it was for The Chemical Wedding (movie). Like, I think that movie was gonna be made in the '90s, but didn't actually get made until '08. I could be wrong, of course. :xmasssanta:

So I've had this blu-ray for like a week now and still haven't had time to throw it on! :shrugs:

It's worth the wait ;)

Yeah I'm stoked for it for sure,based on what you guys have been saying about it.

Finally got a chance to go people-spotting in the Florida footage in Behind The Beast. Here's a screen capture of the shot I'm in for everyone who couldn't find me, it's the pan shot at 1:21:16...let's see if you can find me :ph34r:

536276_429708970378473_100000181214899_1942462_1417326259_n.jpg

B)

Edited by Powerage5

I'm really surprised with how the new songs are so cool live! The Final Frontier should become a staple for tours to come!

Honestly, I wouldn't want to see TFF anywhere in the set but as an opener. I'd love to see Coming Home become a staple though. I'd be willing to bet money neither The Talisman or When The Wild Wind blows ever gets played live again though.

Finally got a chance to go people-spotting in the Florida footage in Behind The Beast. Here's a screen capture of the shot I'm in for everyone who couldn't find me, it's the pan shot at 1:21:16...let's see if you can find me :ph34r:

536276_429708970378473_100000181214899_1942462_1417326259_n.jpg

B)

I do know the answer, but I saw the tag on Facebook so I'm cheating. :lol:

I'll leave it for someone else.

I'm really surprised with how the new songs are so cool live! The Final Frontier should become a staple for tours to come!

Honestly, I wouldn't want to see TFF anywhere in the set but as an opener. I'd love to see Coming Home become a staple though. I'd be willing to bet money neither The Talisman or When The Wild Wind blows ever gets played live again though.

El Dorado seems to be the most likely, IMO. Too bad TFF is a hell of an opener. They're gonna open the next tour with Moonchild, aren't they?

El Dorado seems to be the most likely, IMO. Too bad TFF is a hell of an opener. They're gonna open the next tour with Moonchild, aren't they?

Almost certainly. I predict the setlist will look something like this:

1. Moonchild

2. The Evil That Men Do

3. Die With Your Boots On

4. The Trooper

5. Wasted Years

6. Still Life

7. Infinite Dreams

8. Phantom Of The Opera

9. Killers

10. The Clairvoyant

11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

12. The Number Of The Beast

13. Iron Maiden

---encore---

14. The Prisoner

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

16. Running Free or Sanctuary or Run To The Hills

Take that with a grain of salt, but I'm usually pretty spot on in my setlist predictions. In 2008 I guessed 13 out of 16 (I missed Can I Play With Madness, Fear Of The Dark, and Moonchild), in 2010 I guessed 14 out of 18 assuming I can count El Dorado as just guessing "new song" (I missed Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Wrathchild, Dance Of Death, and Running Free), and in 2011 I guessed 15 out of 16 (I missed The Evil That Men Do). The only song out of my 2012 predictions thats really a shot in the dark is Phantom Of The Opera...that's always on my predictions list because I'd give anything to see it live again, I've only seen it once! ;)

Edited by Powerage5

Almost certainly. I predict the setlist will look something like this:

1. Moonchild

2. The Evil That Men Do

3. Die With Your Boots On

4. The Trooper

5. Wasted Years

6. Still Life

7. Infinite Dreams

8. Phantom Of The Opera

9. Killers

10. The Clairvoyant

11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

12. The Number Of The Beast

13. Iron Maiden

---encore---

14. The Prisoner

15. Hallowed Be Thy Name

16. Running Free or Sanctuary or Run To The Hills

As much as I love Sanctuary, Running Free and Run To The Hills are much better closers.