My thoughts about a next tour

YOUCOULDBEMINE.

This has always been some kind of a ''worry'' to me.

Everytime GN'R started touring (after 1993), Axl sounded awful during the first few shows.

You can say all you want but the first few shows in 2006, the Asian leg in 2009 and the first few shows in 2011 shows were awful.

I remember Axl saying that he does a lot of vocal training but if you ask me he doesn't do much.

He never comes prepared once a tour starts.

In 2006 and 2010 he needed a few shows to get in shape, which is fine with me.

But he never got back to his 2010 voice during the NA tour, on some songs he does a good job (Jungle, Madagascar, Nightrain, Riff Raff) but others sound weak to me.

Sure, he can hit all the high notes but the power he had in 2010 is nowhere to be found.

If he did more about his vocals between touring he would do fine on stage.

So, if Axl actually plans on performing at the RNRHOF he'd better come prepared.

I'm guessing that it will be something along the lines of the 2002 VMA's or RIR 2011.

You know what's my biggest fear? Touring = probably not writing new stuff. DJ has said a lot of stuff, but I wanna see something real this time.

On the other hand, any activity = MUCH better than no activity at all.

If they're gonna put up a new tour they should at least try playing new songs.

I always think of it like this:

They do a good job on the old songs (which they didn't write), and they do a good job on the new songs (which half of them didn't write).

I just want to hear songs that THESE guys wrote. Let them play their own songs, I'm willing to bet that it sounds much more natural when it's a song they wrote together.

So, if Axl actually plans on performing at the RNRHOF he'd better come prepared.

I'm guessing that it will be something along the lines of the 2002 VMA's or RIR 2011.

Good point, the audience (viewers) for RNRHOF will be larger than RIR and the performance could make a difference for many casual fans who may be considering attending a GNR concert or buying a new album.

I also noticed how he lost a fair amount of weight since RIR, hopefully he keeps it off.

I think they are going on tour just to avoid the RNRHOF.

Yeah I can really picture Axl dragging the entire band on tour at that exact time just to duck out of the induction ceremony, because he doesn't have the balls to simply say no to the HOF. :thumbsup:

Seriously, Axl is smart enough to know he and GNR will be better off if he shows up, and worse off if he doesn't. He'd also be totally pissed if Slash stepped to the podium representing GNR, instead of the only man who has been with the band from Day 1 to now. And don't forget about Dizzy, he's one of the inducted members.

Yeah I can really picture Axl dragging the entire band on tour at that exact time just to duck out of the induction ceremony, because he doesn't have the balls to simply say no to the HOF. :thumbsup:

Seriously, Axl is smart enough to know he and GNR will be better off if he shows up, and worse off if he doesn't. He'd also be totally pissed if Slash stepped to the podium representing GNR, instead of the only man who has been with the band from Day 1 to now. And don't forget about Dizzy, he's one of the inducted members.

He wont fall into any trap lured for him.

Of course he'll show up. He won't want Slash's face all over the media accepting ROF honour? This would again sending out the message to to the world that Slash is GNR which is what Axl has been trying to get rid of the past 20 years!

Of course he'll show up. He won't want Slash's face all over the media accepting ROF honour? This would again sending out the message to to the world that Slash is GNR which is what Axl has been trying to get rid of the past 20 years!

Great point. I hope they can perform at least one song together, like I just said, November Rain would be the perfect fit.

This has always been some kind of a ''worry'' to me.

Everytime GN'R started touring (after 1993), Axl sounded awful during the first few shows.

You can say all you want but the first few shows in 2006, the Asian leg in 2009 and the first few shows in 2011 shows were awful.

I remember Axl saying that he does a lot of vocal training but if you ask me he doesn't do much.

He never comes prepared once a tour starts.

In 2006 and 2010 he needed a few shows to get in shape, which is fine with me.

But he never got back to his 2010 voice during the NA tour, on some songs he does a good job (Jungle, Madagascar, Nightrain, Riff Raff) but others sound weak to me.

Sure, he can hit all the high notes but the power he had in 2010 is nowhere to be found.

If he did more about his vocals between touring he would do fine on stage.

from what Axl and the band members have been sayign they are going to be busy this year. I fully expect no matter what happens at the RRHOF Axl will be prepared, it looks as if they are trying to spring board their plans with the induction.

That would be funny - schedule a show around the time the RRHOF happens, so he can just go on satellite and do his speech and a set with his band. Peter Gabriel said he really couldn't get out of his rehearsals to attend it and apologized to the other members of Genesis, it wasn't because there's any feud going on. Phish did the set of Genesis songs. But I'm sure when he gets his award, he'll be there. More people than usual are going to be watching it because it's going to be on HBO, so all the people that watch the different series on there are going to see promotion ads for it.

I'm happy to see them get inducted and recognized, but so many bands out there have been around for way longer that influenced them, and most of them aren't in because they're not critic darlings or just get passed over because they're not that high on the radar when they come up with the list of names. My problem is that I see someone like Leonard Cohen being inducted as a performer, his style of music isn't rock. I think the guy is an amazing performer at his age, but I didn't think the show was anywhere near rock.

NuGnr arranging a gig the night of HOF is such a forced copout and shows he doesn't have the courage to show up. It will reflect so badly on him. I remember another poster saying at the the time the nom was announced that Axl will defintely show up. He needs this as he's a beaten dog in the industry at this point. What do you guys think?

NuGnr arranging a gig the night of HOF is such a forced copout and shows he doesn't have the courage to show up. It will reflect so badly on him. I remember another poster saying at the the time the nom was announced that Axl will defintely show up. He needs this as he's a beaten dog in the industry at this point. What do you guys think?

Agreed that it would be a copout.

Yes he needs all the good press he can get.

Rock hall is not the answer though IMO.

To put it simply, the media will rip him to shreds regardless of what he does. The only way he can redeem himself is by making some sort of public apology to the old-band mates and makes nice with Slash, then we'll all go "Awww" and move on. But that ain't gonna happen, end of story.

If he doesn't show, then yes, it could possibly mean he "he doesn't have the courage" to show but honestly would you? I wouldn't, not enough to go on stage along with people that potentially hate/resent you, talk shit about you and give a speech to a bunch of people that think you're a douche and are going to twist and over analyse everything you say. I would also rather play a gig with people I like rather than force myself into an uncomfortable situation like that. Just try put yourself in Axl's shoes. He has to tread very carefully with regards to this.

He seems to be at least contemplating it (in reference to TMS and L.A interview), so that's a good sign I guess?

Agreed that it would be a copout.

Yes he needs all the good press he can get.

Rock hall is not the answer though IMO.

To put it simply, the media will rip him to shreds regardless of what he does. The only way he can redeem himself is by making some sort of public apology to the old-band mates and makes nice with Slash, then we'll all go "Awww" and move on. But that ain't gonna happen, end of story.

If he doesn't show, then yes, it could possibly mean he "he doesn't have the courage" to show but honestly would you? I wouldn't, not enough to go on stage along with people that potentially hate/resent you, talk shit about you and give a speech to a bunch of people that think you're a douche and are going to twist and over analyse everything you say. I would also rather play a gig with people I like rather than force myself into an uncomfortable situation like that. Just try put yourself in Axl's shoes. He has to tread very carefully with regards to this.

He seems to be at least contemplating it (in reference to TMS and L.A interview), so that's a good sign I guess?

Well thought out,intelligent post :thumbsup: