February 19th @ The Sound Academy, Toronto, Ontario / Update : Show not happening

bionic56

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this venue does not have seating, it also has from my experiance bad acoustics...

The venue is in the middle of nowhere...

STILL would kill to see Guns there

here are reviews of the venue:

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/sound-academy-toronto

Yeah, if I had dream choice of seeing GNR in a small Toronto venue I'd choose The Phoenix or the ultimate would be The Horseshoe or The Drake Underground (but those only hold a couple of hundred tops).

The Sound Academy, for those interested, is tough to get to if you don't have a car or love public transportation. Having said that, it's about a five minute drive from downtown and is right on the waterfront. From what I can recall playing the venue a few years back, the stage is a decent size, though about half the size of what GNR has normally played in the previous tour. About the same size as the Hammerstein stage in NYC.

Cheers,

Andrew

no luck getting through perhaps they are on auto pilot over night with tracks plugged in. I will listen in am and call in and find out :)

Thanks for trying. Hoping this gig turns out to be true and those deserving to go (us diehards) are able to get tickets.

Cheers,

Andrew

Got through to 97.7 HTZ FM (a major rock station in this area) they say they had not heard anything yet. I am still trying to get a human on the phone for the station this link is for ;)

This really means nothing though Y108 would be the one I need to talk to, will keep trying ;)

Edited by gunsguy

Sweet!! I just bought Tix through the live nation pre sale.

The password is SLASHINASS. It was sent to me through the GNR weekly newsletter.

Is it sad that for a second I actually believed you? :lol:

I'm too damn excited about the possibility of seeing Guns in such a small venue.

I have heard back from an email to one of the DJ's at Y108FM

HE SAYS THIS GIG IS 100% TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONFIRMED!

brilliant, you are a lucky sod !!! is it quite near you ????

30 mins away GUNS in a fucking CLUB!!!! OMG I just.....

Edited by gunsguy

Nice! Did he say when tickets go on sale? I can't miss this!

he said "soon" LOL I imagine if they announce like they have been we will hear within the next couple days ;)

I guess it really will be "soon" this time, I just realized the show is less than a month away. :lol: