February 19th @ The Sound Academy, Toronto, Ontario / Update : Show not happening

bionic56

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man this sucks! I did think it was kind of weird that nothing had been announced by the band, not that that would be unusual, but still. I blame this on Y108 jumping the gun and not getting their facts right, not Guns N' Roses themselves.

Fuck 'em (Y108 that is).

Man this sucks! I did think it was kind of weird that nothing had been announced by the band, not that that would be unusual, but still. I blame this on Y108 jumping the gun and not getting their facts right, not Guns N' Roses themselves.

Fuck 'em (Y108 that is).

+1

Radio stations are obsolete entities.

Jim McCourtie Jim.McCourtie@corusent.com

"Luan, the show is up in the air, we are looking for confirmation on a go or a cancellation as we speak, the promoter is in LA so we’re working on a time difference. Right now it does not look good. I’ll let you know when I hear anything"

Could be as simple as the band is negotiating with multiple venues and didn't want any info to leak until they are ready to make an official announcement themselves. Who knows, but there's no reason to get too worried about it right now. When GNR is ready to make something official, they will let us know.

Y108 Facebook:

The Guns' N Roses Show has now been postponed until further notice. More info to follow in the days ahead and we will keep you in the loop as always!!

This is odd. Postponing a show that was never even officially confirmed to begin with. The radio station should have never even said anything until it was confirmed by GN'R.

Ali

Y108 Facebook:

The Guns' N Roses Show has now been postponed until further notice. More info to follow in the days ahead and we will keep you in the loop as always!!

This is odd. Postponing a show that was never even officially confirmed to begin with. The radio station should have never even said anything until it was confirmed by GN'R.

Ali

But then again, half of the 2011 dates were announced prior to being officially confirmed by the band first. They are a tardy bunch, they are.

Could be as simple as the band is negotiating with multiple venues and didn't want any info to leak until they are ready to make an official announcement themselves. Who knows, but there's no reason to get too worried about it right now. When GNR is ready to make something official, they will let us know.

But they almost never make official announcements concerning tours as a whole. Almost without exception, fans become aware of a tour through various promoters or ticket outlets like Ticketmaster. The last thing that ever happens when it comes from a GNR tour is an official announcement.

What likely happened is someone jumped the gun, either the promoter, radio station, and/or venue. Fortunately for the band, I think it's unlikely this will get much attention since it wasn't highly publicized.

Cheers,

Andrew

Y108 Facebook:

Ali

But then again, half of the 2011 dates were announced prior to being officially confirmed by the band first. They are a tardy bunch, they are.

Yeah, it's different when a show pops up on Ticketmaster, but that was not the case here. No official word by the band, promoter or ticketing agency.

Ali

I messaged Chris

Met you in Nashville! Great experience bro! Can't wait to see you guys next month on the theater tour!

Chris replied

hi Rick, Nashville was awesome, and such a good time! see u next month!

Street Of Streams is tha boss :rofl-lol:

Bumblecool I hope you informed him you intended to post his reply on a forum,otherwise that is Uncool.

I messaged Chris

Met you in Nashville! Great experience bro! Can't wait to see you guys next month on the theater tour!

Chris replied

hi Rick, Nashville was awesome, and such a good time! see u next month!

Street Of Streams is tha boss :rofl-lol:

axlrosefan4life I hope you informed him you intended to post his reply on a forum,otherwise that is Uncool.

fixed :thumbsup: