Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent?

ITW 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if they have rehearsed another AC/DC cover....

I wouldn't be surprised if they answer fan requests like in the last tour and play fan favorites such as OMG either.

As long as people have a great time, they can.

That only as long as people are interested in going to the same concert they went last year.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, okay, but I would think if Axl and GNR are having a good time touring and getting along well, I would think eventually they will want to write and record new music. It's what musicians do. GNR isn't going to be a band who does tours that just play their hits.

Dude, there last tour was marketed as , three hours of greatest hits. :rofl-lol:

Its great they are going back out, but I just dont get behing the notion of a new Guns record anytime soon.

I am confident Axl has great plans for the future of GN'R. I am certain that includes releasing more music. He's talked about releasing three records before, CD being the first. He is a progressive artist who wants to evolve.The problem is that so far he has not been really good at executing those plans, things tend to get fucked...

What is interesting here is that some band members -- Tommy, Dj and Richard -- seemed to think that the band would go into a writing/recording phase now in 2012, based on comments n October, November and December. A new record was, apparently, first priority. Yet, some weeks later, we find out that new gigs are being planned. In other words, they seem as lost as we are when it comes to what Axl's plans really are. They thought they would start working on a new record but at the same time, presumably, Axl has been working on new tours. I mean, we can complain as much as we want about the lack of band-fan communication, but I think it must be a lot worse being in the band with the lack on inter-band communication.

you may be confident he has plans, but as your words above express, his plans never work out. So what does it matter what he has or had planned if it NEVER happens.

Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent? Does CD II Finally Start Now?

No, it means that Axl likes money. Ferrari isn't free you know.

I'm just glad he's getting that money in an honorable way. That the fans enjoy too.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have rehearsed another AC/DC cover....

I wouldn't be surprised if they answer fan requests like in the last tour and play fan favorites such as OMG either.

I agree, that might happen.

As long as people have a great time, they can.

That only as long as people are interested in going to the same concert they went last year.

I think many people who went to the shows in 2010 would be interested in going again in 2012, even if no new songs are played :). A great show is a great show. And with all the great publicity they (for the most part) got the last time around, I am not afraid that people won't come to the shows as long as they hit the larger markets. Besides, since this is shaping to be a festival tour, the attendance doesn't rest on Guns' shoulders only.

you may be confident he has plans, but as your words above express, his plans never work out. So what does it matter what he has or had planned if it NEVER happens.

In practical terms, not much :). But to me personally it is easier to be supportive when I know the guy at least wants to create something. But, and this is a big but, his plans don't "NEVER" happen, they do seem to happen, although with a time lag of 2-10 years. And I can wait.

The upcoming shows are going ahead to make income. As far as Axl's comments on the VH1 Classic Interview, done by Eddie Trunk from That Metal Show (even though GN'R is not metal :rolleyes: ), he does not feel that the last album and support of it have reached full potential. This notion was further supported by the bandmember I spoke with. I was also told of the Las Vegas show on New Year's Eve, but said bandmember wasn't too keen on playing that particular city on that particular date. Among other topics, 2012 would see more touring supporting Chinese Democracy.

I think Chinese Democracy needs more attention. Songs like Thyme, Soul Monster, Atlas Shrugged and The General need to be heard. We also need to hear the completed versions of Silkworms and Oh My God.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent? Does CD II Finally Start Now?

Wouldn't it more logic that when they planned to release a new album this year that they announce this before they announce a new tour?

They are always touring before they release an album. It was like that with the Illusions. There was two different tours before Chinese Democracy and now they are in their third or fourth tour.

And you consider that as normal? What about a new album instead of a Chinese Democracy part 218 tour? They been touring this for 10 years now and to me it gets realy boring.

They are always touring before they release an album. It was like that with the Illusions. There was two different tours before Chinese Democracy and now they are in their third or fourth tour.

And you consider that as normal? What about a new album instead of a Chinese Democracy part 218 tour? They been touring this for 10 years now and to me it gets realy boring.

No not normal. I would like to hear Thyme, Soul Monster, The General and Atlas Shrugged but we won't.

No not normal. I would like to hear Thyme, Soul Monster, The General and Atlas Shrugged but we won't.

And therefore we should boycott them until they release a new album.

Wouldn't it more logic that when they planned to release a new album this year that they announce this before they announce a new tour?

The important thing is to be on tour in North America soon after the album drops. Announcing tour dates in Europe beforehand is no big deal.

The important thing is to be on tour in North America soon after the album drops. Announcing tour dates in Europe beforehand is no big deal.

:rofl-lol:

G N' R is more succesfull here in Europe than in there own home country so financially it is a big deal for them.

boycott the band we love?

G N' R is more succesfull here in Europe than in there own home country so financially it is a big deal for them.

Because we Americans are Fuckheads who can't appreciate quality music.

boycott the band we love?

How much longer do we have to take this? They've been touring C.D. for 10 years now. Just release a new album and than start a new tour.

A lot of it has to do with the lack of promotion in North America. We expect videos, interviews and radio play. Chinese Democracy was a complete fiasco. If Axl wants to do well here he is going to have to step up his level of promotion.

How much longer do we have to take this? They've been touring C.D. for 10 years now. Just release a new album and than start a new tour.

I completely agree. It's a joke that some posters on here actually get angry with those of us who want to hear CD II.

A lot of it has to do with the lack of promotion in North America. We expect videos, interviews and radio play. Chinese Democracy was a complete fiasco. If Axl wants to do well here he is going to have to step up his level of promotion.

It was not different here in Europe. A tv commercial once in a while but totaly no radio play/ promotion, interviews, etc.

It was not different here in Europe. A tv commercial once in a while but totaly no radio play/ promotion, interviews, etc.

We expect more here and GNR knows this. That's why we get 3 hour shows.

The show i visited lasted for about 2,5 hours so that's not a big difference imo. (a solo more or less :D ) If they promoted C.D. well they didn't had to do 3 hours shows in front of an attendace of about 9000 persons. Than they could do 2 hour shows in a sold out arena.

I never knew I would consider nu GNR touring actually boring. But thats what happens when you go out on 5 tours with one album released. I know most fans go to hear AFD and UYI stuff but cmon, I mean its getting a bit ridiculous.

Edited by EhEh

Some people seem to forget that most "fans" don't give a shit about CD/CDII/CDIII or whatever the fuck they plan do next... They just wanna see another "greatest hits" tour, just like the previous CD tours have been already.

This happens with 99% of 80's heyday bands.

Some people seem to forget that most "fans" don't give a shit about CD/CDII/CDIII or whatever the fuck they plan do next... They just wanna see another "greatest hits" tour, just like the previous CD tours have been already.

This happens with 99% of 80's heyday bands.

This incarnation of the band isn't a 80's heyday band. Only 1 member was around when the band got formed back in 1985, the other members have nothing to do with the classic G N' R.