Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent?

ITW 2012

I personally think this makes no sense unless they are planning on releasing new music. They toured the world, built up some momentum, and now it's time to go for broke and release CD II.

You are correct In your thought process, but lets face It, this band rarely does anything that makes sense.

I think a lot of it comes down to the record company not supporting Axl and the new lineup.

Agreed. I don't think us getting only one album from Guns at this point in time is Axl's fault. My guess is many people, and especially the record company prefer a reunion and for that to happen maybe they thought the post old Guns line ups needed to fail.

It would make a lot of sense.

I think it will take a while to sort things out but we'll get CDII.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wut

It's about time they returned to Europe. The tour isn't even close to over and a new album isn't even being considered to be started until later on down the road.

You know this how?

The tour to support Chinese Democracy will last a good while yet. Really, someone feels that the momentum / recognition has yet to reach its critical mass. New music is not on the horizon. Again, it's nice to see them heading back overseas, as expected.

As for how I know this? I spoke personally with a bandmember on a public sidewalk in November and if that's not enough, maybe you should watch the GN'R interview that aired on VH1 Classic that same month.

Yeah, those two things don't add up at all and don't match Axl's comments in December.

Ali

I personally think this makes no sense unless they are planning on releasing new music. They toured the world, built up some momentum, and now it's time to go for broke and release CD II.

You are correct In your thought process, but lets face It, this band rarely does anything that makes sense.

I think a lot of it comes down to the record company not supporting Axl and the new lineup.

Agreed. I don't think us getting only one album from Guns at this point in time is Axl's fault. My guess is many people, and especially the record company prefer a reunion and for that to happen maybe they thought the post old Guns line ups needed to fail.

well to be fair this is good going third/fourth year in a row touring great times lie ahead, betas managing and something good may happen look at rons releases maybe we may get a new song as a free download on the website or a remix when it gets updated but also stay positive as long as guns are out there doing their thing then we can still hope of new music beats the years of silence

rock on my gnr buddys, since being unemployed this forum has given me time to ocuupy what i love best gnr :)

I fully believe that a new CD or a CD-redux is this year. the record company will not allow the HOF induction to go off without new material to pump.

Its how business types think.

Also, the record company likely doesn't want Axl to get pissed and quit touring, which also builds momentum for the HOF and any other promotional stuff the label could profit off of.

Geffen has the back catalog, so signing with them allows him to cover studio time. I think using your catalog as loan money is risky though. They're better off going out of pocket and doing more shows to cover it.

I think keeping the GNR name out there the year they're being inducted is important, because even if Axl does go and reunites with the AFD/UYI lineup, it's still letting people know he's not doing a KISS, either.

I don't see why he can't put new music out as digital download singles over the next 2 years. If a song's finished, put it out.

I hope GNR reissue ChiDem, UYI, Lies, TSI?, Live 86-93, and AFD on Blu Ray the way Pink Floyd did with the Immersion box sets.

Could it be that this is purely just another tour leg designed by the label to help recoup a little more of the money spent on making CD? Arranging dates in places they have played before guarantees (Dublin excluded) strong interest & ticket sales...With the band clearly enjoying being on the road at the moment its a win win for all involved. It could be a simple as that.

Dream scenario for me (however unrealistic)

- Tour until end of summer debuting a new track or two from the next album

- Record/write/finish new material until feb 2013

- Superbowl in the Feb with a March album release

- Tour for the next 2 years

Could it be that this is purely just another tour leg designed by the label to help recoup a little more of the money spent on making CD? Arranging dates in places they have played before guarantees (Dublin excluded) strong interest & ticket sales...With the band clearly enjoying being on the road at the moment its a win win for all involved. It could be a simple as that.

Dream scenario for me (however unrealistic)

- Tour until end of summer debuting a new track or two from the next album

- Record/write/finish new material until feb 2013

- Superbowl in the Feb with a March album release

- Tour for the next 2 years

I don't see them needing more money to account for the Chinese Democracy sessions. I could be wrong but I thought the reason they went with Best Buy over Wal-Mart for the exclusive deal was that Best Buy offered to pay up front for the deal whereas Wal-Mart bases their exclusive deals on album sales or something like that. With the Best Buy deal it technically didn't matter if the album only sold ten copies - the record company was already paid. It could explain the lack of promotion/support from the label too. Why waste time/money promoting an album that they already profited from? I could be totally wrong but that's my understanding of the situation.

As far as a new album, I strongly believe something is in the works for 2012. The band is firing on all cylinders, Axl is in good spirits, good reviews, hall of fame, and so on. The timing for new music couldn't be better.

Axl said he'd 'love to', Beta is the new manager and DJ seem to be a good influence and inspiration for Axl.

It's not the lack of material that is the obstacle here. It's more to do with the deal between Axl and the record company and if both sides are satisfied.

After the disaster of a release in 2008, do you think Axl will let that shit happen again?

Would he not give Chinese I all the backing up it can have before moving on to the next album? (re release with the intended booklet)

What kind of promotion and budget will Axl want for CDII?

Will Axl want to take advantage of the chemistry of the current line up in the studio and the new songs DJ wrote and do some more recording?

These are things we maybe need to think about before expecting a release this year imo. Things are looking good, but let's not forget that the Guns N' Roses name comes with a lot of baggage, making it very difficult to move forward in a normal pace.

A lot is going on right now, that's the feeling I get, but I won't get my hopes up before knowing information I can really depend on.

Without new material or new songs in the setlist ill not be buying A ticket for more than 1 show. Normally I'd see them 3 times in Europe. Ticket sales will be lower than last time I would imagine. With all this material in the vault it seems stupid to tour the same show in the same places again!

Wow! That is good news that GNR are touring Europe and continuing to tour this year.

Hopefully, after this 2012 tour, they will begin on new music and hopefully do another US tour next year or at least the year after. I enjoyed the concert so much, I really hope that Axl and GNR continue to tour the US for many years to come.

Come on guys, all this "good things to come" talk is just tour dates.

Must we play these games everytime before the tour? Guns has never had to have a new record

to tour.

Rock n Rio was the ideal time and most people just knew that we would hear new music.

Then it was, surely there will be new music before the SA 2011 tour.

Then, o well, at least we will get some new songs live.

Then, O well, they are just saving them for when they hit the US, yea thats it.

Then comes, I know, they are waiting to unveil new tunes in LA, gotta be.

No, well, I would beb shoked if we didnt get anything on the livestream.

Then, dude, I know they will go out with a bang NYE in Vegas. New songs, New Year, etc

etc,etc,etc,etc

I hate to be so pesimistic, but this is the way it goes if you are a GNR fan.

Yes, all signs point to new music, and things are looking good,

but we can always drum up reasons why it is a good time to rellease music,

but that dont mean shit.

Guess what, they are going aon tour AGAIN, not focusing on a release, I am DONE waiting on new music and getting my hopes up and will not fall for this again.

Come on guys, all this "good things to come" talk is just tour dates.

Must we play these games everytime before the tour? Guns has never had to have a new record

to tour.

Rock n Rio was the ideal time and most people just knew that we would hear new music.

Then it was, surely there will be new music before the SA 2011 tour.

Then, o well, at least we will get some new songs live.

Then, O well, they are just saving them for when they hit the US, yea thats it.

Then comes, I know, they are waiting to unveil new tunes in LA, gotta be.

No, well, I would beb shoked if we didnt get anything on the livestream.

Then, dude, I know they will go out with a bang NYE in Vegas. New songs, New Year, etc

etc,etc,etc,etc

I hate to be so pesimistic, but this is the way it goes if you are a GNR fan.

Yes, all signs point to new music, and things are looking good,

but we can always drum up reasons why it is a good time to rellease music,

but that dont mean shit.

Guess what, they are going aon tour AGAIN, not focusing on a release, I am DONE waiting on new music and getting my hopes up and will not fall for this again.

Yeah, okay, but I would think if Axl and GNR are having a good time touring and getting along well, I would think eventually they will want to write and record new music. It's what musicians do. GNR isn't going to be a band who does tours that just play their hits. They are too young for that and I know Axl has a lot more music to share with his fans and his band.

Hopefully, it won't take another 15 years or so to write and record and release a new cd!

Right now I would love a release of a live cd/dvd combo from this last tour. It was fuckin awesome and I really would love to see it again.

Yeah, okay, but I would think if Axl and GNR are having a good time touring and getting along well, I would think eventually they will want to write and record new music. It's what musicians do. GNR isn't going to be a band who does tours that just play their hits.

Dude, there last tour was marketed as , three hours of greatest hits. :rofl-lol:

Its great they are going back out, but I just dont get behing the notion of a new Guns record anytime soon.

Edited by The Wicked Hand

Yeah, okay, but I would think if Axl and GNR are having a good time touring and getting along well, I would think eventually they will want to write and record new music. It's what musicians do. GNR isn't going to be a band who does tours that just play their hits.

Dude, there last tour was marketed as , three hours of greatest hits. :rofl-lol:

Its great they are going back out, but I just dont get behing the notion of a new Guns record anytime soon.

I am confident Axl has great plans for the future of GN'R. I am certain that includes releasing more music. He's talked about releasing three records before, CD being the first. He is a progressive artist who wants to evolve.The problem is that so far he has not been really good at executing those plans, things tend to get fucked...

What is interesting here is that some band members -- Tommy, Dj and Richard -- seemed to think that the band would go into a writing/recording phase now in 2012, based on comments n October, November and December. A new record was, apparently, first priority. Yet, some weeks later, we find out that new gigs are being planned. In other words, they seem as lost as we are when it comes to what Axl's plans really are. They thought they would start working on a new record but at the same time, presumably, Axl has been working on new tours. I mean, we can complain as much as we want about the lack of band-fan communication, but I think it must be a lot worse being in the band with the lack on inter-band communication.