Does new tour dates in places they've played before on the CD 2010 Tour mean a new album is imminent?

ITW 2012

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people seem to forget that most "fans" don't give a shit about CD/CDII/CDIII or whatever the fuck they plan do next... They just wanna see another "greatest hits" tour, just like the previous CD tours have been already.

This happens with 99% of 80's heyday bands.

This incarnation of the band isn't a 80's heyday band. Only 1 member was around when the band got formed back in 1985, the other members have nothing to do with the classic G N' R.

here comes again ..... :rolleyes: since 1991 the only original member is AXL ...

FANS love all the GN'R work and all the band members ... those who don't ... im sorry for them :tongue2: are Minority and poor haters :shrugs:

Some people seem to forget that most "fans" don't give a shit about CD/CDII/CDIII or whatever the fuck they plan do next... They just wanna see another "greatest hits" tour, just like the previous CD tours have been already.

This incarnation of the band isn't a 80's heyday band. Only 1 member was around when the band got formed back in 1985, the other members have nothing to do with the classic G N' R.

here comes again ..... :rolleyes: since 1991 the only original member is AXL ...

FANS love all the GN'R work and all the band members ... those who don't ... im sorry for them :tongue2: are Minority and poor haters :shrugs:

That's what you made out of it, not me. The first show with the new G N' R line up was in Las Vegas 2001. 16 years after the original band got formed and 3-4 years after that band broke up. So imo this band has nothing to do with the 80's.

Exactly my thoughts ;)

Look, I hope I eat my words.

But lets be realistic here, there is nothing that leads me to believe that we will have a GNR record soon.

What because a few band members said they are going into writing mode? :rofl-lol:

Because DJ gave Axl some songs?

Because its the end of the world? :rofl-lol:

Axl is still in the CD Headspace, if you heard the TMS interveiw.

You know why, IMO, there will be no new record,

because now is the perfect time to release a record, thats why...

Im kidding in a way, but, I just refuse to let myself get all hyped for a new record, and let down again.

Those who are more optimistic............More power to you. :thumbsup:

Exactly my thoughts ;)

I think it's funny that you love them so much that you don't even care if they release new music.

I don't mind new songs being played, but I sure as hell wouldn't give up WTTJ, It's so Easy , Civil War, etc. up for it at a live show. Most bands play a setlist with classics, with a couple new songs sprinkled here and there. I don't know why GNR fans are awlays complaining about the lack of new songs on the setlist.

I would think the most likely scenario for a new album is the band using 6-7 songs from the Chinese Democracy era and recording 5-6 new songs while they tour in the hopes that agreements can be made with the record company. Playing in GNR means a nice paycheck so it's going to keep people on board so long as the train keeps moving.

Why I think we've seen more touring since 2006 vs all the years before this is because Axl can't bankroll the GNR corporation. Money from the record company likely paid to keep people in GNR between '97-2004/5, but after the tap was cut off, touring was needed to keep the group together. So long as Axl wants to keep GNR going with a band with anyone other than Slash/Duff, he must find new financial avenues to support the group.

I think a lot of people around here look past the economic factors of this band. I remember for years people were convinced that Chinese Democracy was never going to see the light of day, but to suggest that was to ignore the millions of dollars owed to the label.

Artistic aspiration x Band membership x economic factors/needs = likelihood of a new album from Guns N' Roses

Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by downzy

They are in New York, that is a good step to a future album

Why? Because they happen to mix and master records there?

COMMMON MAYNE!

No because a trip to New York led to Cd coming out. I don't know either way I just think it may be a good sign

Don't know about a cd...but with GnR tour dates surfacing and Slash stating tour dates are shaping up and an announcement coming soon...there goes the big reunion following the R+R Hall of Fame induction. :tongue2:

Sorry for all those at www.stuckinfn1987.com :kiss:

I don't mind new songs being played, but I sure as hell wouldn't give up WTTJ, It's so Easy , Civil War, etc. up for it at a live show. Most bands play a setlist with classics, with a couple new songs sprinkled here and there. I don't know why GNR fans are awlays complaining about the lack of new songs on the setlist.

Word up. All classic bands play their hits. And for the people who are tired of that, dont go.

Don't know about a cd...but with GnR tour dates surfacing and Slash stating tour dates are shaping up and an announcement coming soon...there goes the big reunion following the R+R Hall of Fame induction. :tongue2:

:lol: Classic.

I thought you were seeing Tool tonight? Or was that last night? This week's been a blur to me...

I don't think anybody thought a full scale reunion would happen. If they did they were really grasping.

Gunsguy: I know what you mean buddy but I'm not getting my hopes up for any kind of release in the near future and definatley not this year.

Must admit that was funny as hell.

Are fans really going to be happy with another CD tour?

If this tour isn't coinciding with new music or an album, this is a terrible move for the current band.

Sad to say I kind of agree. There's no news yet as to what the dates are actually for. If it's just another set of old stuff mixed in with a handful of Chi Dem songs then it would seem bizzare. From the last Dublin show I'd imgaine that the people who managed to enjoy it (despite all that ensued on that particular evening) wouldn't be too bothered about seeing pretty much the same show only a couple of years later. The people who left with a sour taste in their mouths would surely have next to no interest in seeing them band again at all.

If they're going to be debuting newer (well it maybe years old but within the context) material then I think they should promote that fact.

Are fans really going to be happy with another CD tour?

If this tour isn't coinciding with new music or an album, this is a terrible move for the current band.

I dont think it will be a CD tour, but I hope they will be supporting something fresh.