The Cult

Bansidhe

New record Choice Of Weapon released on May 22nd.

They've made a new tune Lucifer available for preview.

Already sounds much better than anything from Born Into This and the production is properly meaty with Billy's guitars prominent in the mix.

Can't wait for this record.

Edited by Bansidhe

Manics use She Sells Sanctuary as intro to Motown Junk these days. and sometimes Paradise City.

Nice!

there's some grainy youtube videos. I'm not sure if it's homage or they are saying this is the new motown junk. I'm hoping their next one is like Sonic Temple. just go all out hard rock.

Manics use She Sells Sanctuary as intro to Motown Junk these days. and sometimes Paradise City.

Nice!

there's some grainy youtube videos. I'm not sure if it's homage or they are saying this is the new motown junk. I'm hoping their next one is like Sonic Temple. just go all out hard rock.

Judging by "Lucifer", it sounds like a mix of "Beyond Good and Evil" and "Born Into This."

Beyond was pretty hard rock? Born sounds a bit like CD.

I love BG&E - some great, great songs on there.

BIT still needs some more time to grow on me. "Dirty Little Rockstar" is awesome.

The "Capsule" tracks are fairly vintage Cult sounding - nice to reissue those as the bonus disc with the new album.

"Ceremony" is criminally underrated.

That has Wild Hearted Son on it. I thought was a classic Cult track.

I've got that DVD where Astbury plays with remaining Doors. It's pretty good.

Ian gets a lot of grief for fronting the Doors, but was definitely the best fit.

Check out the 2 songs he did on the Doors' tribute CD that came out a few years ago. Uncanny.