Set lists and stage for new tour

CivilWar07

What do you all realistically think the set lists will consist of for the Dublin and Paris gigs and the NY gig for example? Will this just be a complete re-run of the 2011 tour with a few minor changes?

Also, do ye reakon they will have a different stage set up?? That stuff alway interests me

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling it will start with Chinese Democracy and end with Paradise City. ;)

Hopefully Civil War and Estranged will stay, and maybe (hopefully rather) some more surprises this time be it a new song or a rarely played song.

Aside from the smaller shows, I could see the stage more or less being the same but you never know.

If they aren't gonna play any new material, they need to at least add the rest of 'Chinese Democracy' into the set list, and slowly weed out some of the older stuff, especially the ones that weren't massive hits, like 'It's So Easy', 'Mr. Brownstone', etc. I'd be perfectly elated to be hearing 'Catcher', 'TWAT', 'If the World', etc.

If they aren't gonna play any new material, they need to at least add the rest of 'Chinese Democracy' into the set list, and slowly weed out some of the older stuff, especially the ones that weren't massive hits, like 'It's So Easy', 'Mr. Brownstone', etc. I'd be perfectly elated to be hearing 'Catcher', 'TWAT', 'If the World', etc.

No way! 'It's So Easy' and 'Mr. Brownstone' have to stay on the setlist. :(

I don't think they should weed out any of the old stuff. The old stuff is what got them here.

Hey, I love those songs as much as anyone. However, they've been played at EVERY single Guns show since '01, and they're just a little played out, IMO. Same with 'You Could Be Mine', and a few others. It's been 20-25 years for some of these songs, we've all heard 'Mr. Brownstone' live, but very few of us have gotten to hear 'Prostitute' or 'Oh My God'. It's just time for a rotation and bring in some of the fresher stuff.

Hey, I love those songs as much as anyone. However, they've been played at EVERY single Guns show since '01, and they're just a little played out, IMO. Same with 'You Could Be Mine', and a few others. It's been 20-25 years for some of these songs, we've all heard 'Mr. Brownstone' live, but very few of us have gotten to hear 'Prostitute' or 'Oh My God'. It's just time for a rotation and bring in some of the fresher stuff.

Yeah I know what you mean. I have only been to one Guns show, considering I'm only 19, but I couldn't imagine Axl playing a show without his older stuff. As much as I love the AC/DC covers, I think Axl should drop em to fit more of his own stuff in the setlist. I would rather hear TWAT and Prostitute.

If they weed out anything, it should be the solo jams. Instead they should cut it down to one long freestyle jam as a band. Some of the old stuff needs to stay on as staple like; WTTJ, SCOM, PC, It's so easy, Mr Brownstone and perhaps November Rain and YCBM?. All of the other old stuff should be played randomly on rotation from gig to gig. This way they could cut down on their setlist time and add on more CD songs (perhaps new songs too?). It would keep their set concise and fresh each time and keep fans guessing which songs would be played on the night. Just look at the fans reaction to the addition of Estranged and Civil War to NA tour, a more randomized set list would keep a hype bit like that alive amongst the fans.

The main problem nowadays has been that they have been playing up to 30 songs each night, providing all the fan favs and hits from the old catalog so now our expectations are elevated. Most of us now expect them to do it all; play all the hits, play CD songs, play new songs as well and play a full 3hr set. I think the problem with making their setlist so long in the recent years is that they've now settled into a pattern, a contrast to what GnR gigs used to be like (when you wouldn't know what songs were going to be played because Axl usually made up the setlist as the night went along).

I hope they mix it up for these NY gigs. I'm expecting a good mix of acoustic and electric atleast...

I would be relatively happy with one or two new songs and Oh My God it's time to get the flames roaring at last! Chinese Democracy has been on a huge world tour and the line up is more or less stable and interest has grown and Axl has great energy and ain't getting any younger so if he wants a chance at a last run at what he does best this is going to be the best chance he'll get in a music world seeming to go down the predictable corporate drain more and more every week. I don't think they'll do anything new for now though.