Better remix discussion

Young_Gun

If it's a fake, it's a damn interesting one anyway. It sounds like the same style as Tonto. Also, I've now decided I like "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Did you ever think perhaps someone purposely mixed it in the style of Tonto to lend it more authenticity?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a fake, it's a damn interesting one anyway. It sounds like the same style as Tonto. Also, I've now decided I like "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Did you ever think perhaps someone purposely mixed it in the style of Tonto to lend it more authenticity?

Did someone go through the files to find a Better remix as vacuum to fill in, then go listen to Tonto for musical inspiration? The more steps you add, the more contrived it gets.

I'm by no means certain it's real, but I'm also not certain it's a fake.

Edited by Flayer

Did someone go through the files to find a Better remix as vacuum to fill in, then go listen to Tonto for musical inspiration? The more steps you add, the more contrived it gets.

I'm by no means certain it's real, but I'm also not certain it's a fake.

Not really more contrived. Everyone was all about that info released of all the gnr behind-the-scenes stuff. You see "better" remix. You see Brain submitted an mp3 via email. So the stems recently got released and perhaps someone thought, "Hey, I'll make a "Better" remix. From that point, it isn't difficult to model it after a certain style. Personally, I don't see the Tonto influence. I was just throwing it out there as a highly plausible fake. Whoever is gonna do a remix they pretend is real is likely a fan of Guns to begin with, thus they would know the steps to take to make it seem more legitimate. Shit, I would, if I had any musical abilities.

no I have it and ive talked to the guy that had it originally, that's why im basing it on being 90% legit however only someone from the band camp can 100% verify it