Better remix discussion

Young_Gun

To even bother with these damn remixes is so pointless.Especially for a band like GNR.As long as we waited for Chinese Democracy, it frustrates me to even know that rather than focusing on new songs, they insist on tweaking the old ones for no good reason."Better" is a terrific song as it is.No need to fuck with it.Hell, I'd take that god awful Slash/Fergie mix of Paradise City over this one.

I sadly agree with you. If this is real (which I think and hope it is not)...I cant even understand how someone would remix a song like Better like this. Apart from the acoustic playing it is a total mess.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely sounds to me like it's professionally mixed, and something that Brain would do. Can't say I love it but it is interesting ... while it plays at one point it says Guns n' Roses - Chinese Democracy: The Remixes.

Could this be an upcoming release? Or a companion disc to a CD re-release?

I was skeptical during the intro, but by the end of this, yeah, I believe it's true. It also makes me believe Axl had a part in writing Tonto, which this is very similar to in style. Remember back when Axl said in the interviews that "the fans are not ready to hear" a lot of his new songs? This is why. People who thought Chinese was overproduced and disjointed as is would have been horrified by this. And all the elements at play here are things we've heard Axl use before: the hip hop beats, the synth noises, even the quotes (which imo are the worst elements of this remix). Percussion sounds like Brain, "I like you. I want to be your friend. I want you to be my friend," sounds like a Bucket idea (only quote part I liked, cheesy as it is).

My overall opinion of it - there are a lot of individual parts I like that sound cool....but goddamn, it is such schizophrenic music. And if I download this, I'm gonna chop off the last ten seconds to get rid of the "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

I was skeptical during the intro, but by the end of this, yeah, I believe it's true. It also makes me believe Axl had a part in writing Tonto. Remember back when Axl said in the interviews that "the fans are not ready to hear" a lot of his new songs? I think "now we all know better." People who thought Chinese was overproduced and disjointed as is would have been horrified by this. And all the elements at play here are things we've heard Axl use before: the hip hop beats, the synth noises, even the quotes (which imo are the worst elements of this remix). Percussion sounds like Brain, "I like you. I want to be your friend. I want you to be my friend," sounds like a Bucket idea (only quote part I liked, cheesy as it is).

My overall opinion of it - there are a lot of individual parts I like that sound cool....but goddamn, it is such schizophrenic music. And if I download this, I'm gonna chop off the last ten seconds to get rid of the "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

It definitely sounds to me like it's professionally mixed, and something that Brain would do. Can't say I love it but it is interesting ... while it plays at one point it says Guns n' Roses - Chinese Democracy: The Remixes.

Could this be an upcoming release? Or a companion disc to a CD re-release?

Where/when?

i quite like this lol to me it does sound legit, much better production than any other CD remixes ive heard. Im almost convinced its Brains remix that he mentioned years ago LOL

it might be a remix but hell, its NEW lol :P

now about that march CD release date hmmmmmmm :P