Give It Up For Axl!

MarlaHooch

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Chicago the other night, we all knew Axl was having a bad night by the 4th or 5th song of a 30 song set. Obviously he knew before any of us that it was going to be a rough night for him. But he's clearly changed over the past few years.

He didn't quit. He didn't bitch. He didn't say "sorry I'm sick" or make excuses. He didn't give up. He didn't cut the show short.

No, he played a set as long or longer than what he's been playing the past six months. He kept at it and pushed through an epic set that most singers half his age couldn't keep up for half as long.

Give the man some credit. He has come a LONG way these past couple of years. The shows are great, the setlists are incredible (although some spoiled children will never be satisfied), his voice is (for the most part) better than it has been in over 20 years, they're starting at a reasonable hour, he is gracious to the crowds and occasionally stands up for them. Everyone is more than getting their money's worth at these shows.

Call me sappy but I'm fucking proud of our boy and he deserves a fuck load of credit for how hard he has been working lately. Cheers.

+10000 :thumbsup:

Marla you sound like the spoiled children that you mention. You complain about fans being negative....why couldn't you just give your review of the show without having to insult people that have a different opinion than you do?

Axl put on an "epic" show that singers half his age couldn't do for half as long? Wow. Really? Do you go to many shows? Have you seen many live acts perform? So in your world, most singers can't perform for 90 minutes? You do realize that He doesn't sing for three hours straight, right? That usually there are four solos, 4-5 "jams", tommy sings a song.

I'm as big of an Axl fan as anybody. The 2011 show I saw might be the best live performance I've ever seen. One of my three favorite concerts ever.

But the Nutterism in the topic is a bit over the top. Every show isn't epic. That just cheapens the shows that truly are. The singer isn't a God because he completed a show while having a cold. That's what he is paid to do. And in spite of your limited knowledge of singers, Axl isn't the only singer to perform while sporting a cold. And if you think that no singers can sing half as well, for half as long.....you clearly haven't attended many concerts.

The Axl ass kissers are just as annoying as the Axl bashers on here.

It is ok to just enjoy a show, without having to sell it as the greatest show in rock history.

Marla you sound like the spoiled children that you mention. You complain about fans being negative....why couldn't you just give your review of the show without having to insult people that have a different opinion than you do?

Axl put on an "epic" show that singers half his age couldn't do for half as long? Wow. Really? Do you go to many shows? Have you seen many live acts perform? So in your world, most singers can't perform for 90 minutes? You do realize that He doesn't sing for three hours straight, right? That usually there are four solos, 4-5 "jams", tommy sings a song.

I'm as big of an Axl fan as anybody. The 2011 show I saw might be the best live performance I've ever seen. One of my three favorite concerts ever.

But the Nutterism in the topic is a bit over the top. Every show isn't epic. That just cheapens the shows that truly are. The singer isn't a God because he completed a show while having a cold. That's what he is paid to do. And in spite of your limited knowledge of singers, Axl isn't the only singer to perform while sporting a cold. And if you think that no singers can sing half as well, for half as long.....you clearly haven't attended many concerts.

It is ok to just enjoy a show, without having to sell it as the greatest show in rock history.

Glad not everyone thinks like you.

There are a lot of artists that reschedule shows because they're sick.

And I'm glad not everyone thinks like you! Being a Nutter isn't a good thing. I'm a fan, you are a fanatic. Big difference.

But sure.

Axl is the only singer in the world who doesn't cancel shows ( :rofl-lol: ) He is the only singer in the world who sings while sick, he cares more about his fans than any other singer, and his vocal skills are unmatched by any other singer alive, including those who are half his age. And no other singer in the world can do what Axl does - even for just an hour or 90 minutes.

Oh, and I heard that Axl actually cured a young child of cancer recently, just by singing a soft lullaby into that child's ear. It was truly an epic experience.

Everything Axl does is totally epic. Epic. Even the bad shows are epic. Axl on his worst day ever is still putting on an Epic performance that is twice as good and twice as long as any other singer can do. Totally eipic. And anybody who says otherwise is a prick.

And I'm glad not everyone thinks like you! Being a Nutter isn't a good thing. I'm a fan, you are a fanatic. Big difference.

But sure.

Axl is the only singer in the world who doesn't cancel shows ( :rofl-lol: ) He is the only singer in the world who sings while sick, he cares more about his fans than any other singer, and his vocal skills are unmatched by any other singer alive, including those who are half his age. And no other singer in the world can do what Axl does - even for just an hour or 90 minutes.

Oh, and I heard that Axl actually cured a young child of cancer recently, just by singing a soft lullaby into that child's ear. It was truly an epic experience.

Everything Axl does is totally epic. Epic. Even the bad shows are epic. Axl on his worst day ever is still putting on an Epic performance that is twice as good and twice as long as any other singer can do. Totally eipic. And anybody who says otherwise is a prick.

:sleeper:

But sure.

:sleeper:

Point taken.

In the future, I will try and keep my responses to you in the 1-to-2 sentence length so you will be able to keep up. Sorry about that.

The way I see it, it's a really great time to be a fan. If you look at what we've got right now, which are three hour shows, with songs we never thought we'd hear I'd say we're doing all right. Remember back in 2009/2010 when there were no proshots of this band? Now we have a few each month. It's great stuff honestly. The website is new and improved, the band has great chemistry, and everyone seems to be having a great time playing. I think that they wanted to build up chemistry in the band before going into the studio, and they've done just that. I'm excited to see what the future brings, while enjoying all that the present has to offer right now! :thumbsup:

I agree with the OP! :). We are so quick to criticise when he does something wrong, now he really deserves our praise :). Fantastic concerts lately, fantastic performances. It is a very good time to be a GN'R fan.

EDIT: And could a mod please remove the unnecessary bitching from this thread?

Edited by SoulMonster

I agree with the OP! :). We are so quick to criticise when he does something wrong, now he really deserves our praise :). Fantastic concerts lately, fantastic performances. It is a very good time to be a GN'R fan.

Mods can we please turn this forum into HTGTH2?

A real forum is only vibrant and alive when everybody ONLY posts positive things and everybody ONLY praises the band and other posters. No debate or honest critique is allowed. People are not allowed to have an opinion that disagrees with the Nutters, if so, they are haters and must be banned!!!!!!!

Is this really what this forum is going to turn into? People aren't allowed to be honest - they must just bow down and worship everything that Axl does. Now that would earn the :sleeper: emoticon.

I don't normally post but I have been to over 15 guns shows. I drove from just outside Chatham Ontario to Chicago to see the show. It was The best show I've seen live. Axl is amazing. Totally worth the drive and hang over to see this band.

A real forum is only vibrant and alive when everybody ONLY posts positive things and everybody ONLY praises the band and other posters. No debate or honest critique is allowed. People are not allowed to have an opinion that disagrees with the Nutters, if so, they are haters and must be banned!!!!!!!

Is this really what this forum is going to turn into? People aren't allowed to be honest - they must just bow down and worship everything that Axl does. Now that would earn the :sleeper: emoticon.

Why don't you start your own thread where you can bitch and complain, if you don't agree with the majority that Axl put down a fantastic performance? People who were there say it was one of the greatest shows ever, but all you do is complain about fanatics...

Why don't you start your own thread where you can bitch and complain, if you don't agree with the majority that Axl put down a fantastic performance? People who were there say it was one of the greatest shows ever, but all you do is complain about fanatics...

Wow. You really missed the point that badly?

This is probably too difficult for you to comprehend, but please give it a shot. Maybe take a few days to think about it before responding.

There is a difference between saying it is the greatest show a fan as been to, compared to saying it is the greatest show of all time.

When clowns like you start calling every performance epic and the greatest show ever.....all you are doing is cheapening the shows that really were epic or were potentially all time great.

The OP started off saying that it was obvious Axl was sick. That tells you that the vocals probably weren't as strong as other nights. So the show might have been epic to scooter Jones who was attending his first ever GnR show. But was this show really a contender for the best GnR show of all time? Really?

Funny thing, I'm probably a bigger fan of Axl than you are. And it's because I don't just kiss his ass like you and a couple other people do, no matter what he does. In 2013 Axl could record an album full of nothing but burps and farts for 60 minutes and start doing tours where they play three songs and then take a nap on stage......and you and a couple of the other Nutters would proclaim that 2013 was the best year in GnR history.

Like I said before. Fanatics are just as bad as the people who bash Axl every day on here.

Edited by Groghan

Axl Rose must be the only person in the world that is 100% perfect all the time. Unless you think that then you are a cupcake etc. A real fan can praise aswell as say Axl was off form sometimes. Fuck i'm sure even he admits that sometimes. Although what he pulled off the other night was amazing. He really has changed in someways and thinks of the fans.

Edited by bionic56

In Chicago the other night, we all knew Axl was having a bad night by the 4th or 5th song of a 30 song set. Obviously he knew before any of us that it was going to be a rough night for him. But he's clearly changed over the past few years.

He didn't quit. He didn't bitch. He didn't say "sorry I'm sick" or make excuses. He didn't give up. He didn't cut the show short.

No, he played a set as long or longer than what he's been playing the past six months. He kept at it and pushed through an epic set that most singers half his age couldn't keep up for half as long.

Give the man some credit. He has come a LONG way these past couple of years. The shows are great, the setlists are incredible (although some spoiled children will never be satisfied), his voice is (for the most part) better than it has been in over 20 years, they're starting at a reasonable hour, he is gracious to the crowds and occasionally stands up for them. Everyone is more than getting their money's worth at these shows.

Call me sappy but I'm fucking proud of our boy and he deserves a fuck load of credit for how hard he has been working lately. Cheers.

You're proud of him for doing something he is SUPPOSED to do?