Why does Axl Rose always seem so sad in his pictures

gunnerp

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I keep reading the word 'fan' or words 'his fans', I really don't think he looks at it that way..

(i could be wrong also, what do i know ?)

I think Axl does what he does, because he views himself as a rockstar / artist.

As with any artist, if you like what they do, you see it, listen to it etc.

Its probably more about his work, rather than him.

He probably just does't like the close up and personal side, amd prefers space and distance.

Being on stage, with a row of security separating him from the world, is probably his idea of ideal, and as close as he wants to get.

Edited by vaida

We have to stop thinking for Axl and Guns N' Roses.

10000000000+

Now if everyone would do the same including the that knome up there dirtydane :fuckyou: besides he'll sign your autograph next time I'm sure.

(insult to knomes everywhere)

Dude. Shut the fuck up.

Its obvious that 99% of the time axl can't stand being around fans. Its redic bcuz he hardly has any these days. Don't give me a hard time bcuz im telling the truth. Bluntly, maybe. But the truth none the less.

+1. That recent video of him having a tantrum was hard to swallow. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

There's a recent video of Axl throwing a tantrum?

Here >>> http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=184202

'Twas hardly a tantrum. For fucks sake he barely mummered it. Seriously, compare it to the "LA airport incident" or "St. Louis" or "the leg biting incident", this is peanuts! :rolleyes:

This is all being taken far too out of context tbh. If he doesn't wanna smile for the camera, well then he wont! Does the fact that he doesn't make him a dick? Sure! But you can't dictate people's emotions, simple as that. :shrugs:

So, to those on this tread saying that Axl is an ass for not doing fan service like other artists do: cry me a fucking river. :violin:

The Nutters are unbelievable.

It is part of the job. End if story. You put out music for millions of people to buy. You tour for millions of people. You make millions of dollars. Having fans is part of the job.

So u will take the 100 million dollars, bang the groupies, live the celebrity lifestyle......buy how DARE a fan ask for an autograph. The horror!!!!!!

Don't want to make millions? Don't want millions to buy your records? Don't want millions to pay $100 apiece to attend your concerts? Don't want to have to sign autographs? Then be a plumber, not a rock singer.

Just watched a documentary on metallica, a band people love to hate on here. A music reporter said they would see the band signing autographs and meeting fans for 3-4 hours after a show, and they wouldn't leave until they met every fan that was there.

Then u have Axl getting "hounded" by a group of six people and telling them to get the f*ck away from him.

No difference there in how artists treat their fans.

First logical response in this very thread. Axl sought the fame and attention. Comes with the territory now.

It is part of the job. End if story. You put out music for millions of people to buy. You tour for millions of people. You make millions of dollars. Having fans is part of the job.

So u will take the 100 million dollars, bang the groupies, live the celebrity lifestyle......buy how DARE a fan ask for an autograph. The horror!!!!!!

Don't want to make millions? Don't want millions to buy your records? Don't want millions to pay $100 apiece to attend your concerts? Don't want to have to sign autographs? Then be a plumber, not a rock singer.

Just watched a documentary on metallica, a band people love to hate on here. A music reporter said they would see the band signing autographs and meeting fans for 3-4 hours after a show, and they wouldn't leave until they met every fan that was there.

Then u have Axl getting "hounded" by a group of six people and telling them to get the f*ck away from him.

The perception of what is being dealt with may be different, though. Hence the tweet the other day from Detroit.

Ali

Just watched a documentary on metallica, a band people love to hate on here.

People basing on Metallica here? :question:

Don't remember coming across that here myself but if true, WTF? Whats Metallica done to be hated on?! o_O

...sorry, going off topic here.

Don't remember coming across that here myself but if true, WTF? Whats Metallica done to be hated on?! o_O

St. Anger and just recently Lulu.

But I forgive them.

Edited by st0n3r

:question: Has anyone else noticed that in most pictures of Axl Rose with fans everyone around him is grinning ear to ear, super excited to meet "the man" and Axl just seems sad.

This video is a good example of seeing him in a tired but good mood, but when he poses for a pic, he intentionally doesn't smile.

So he's not sad. That's just how he is when he poses for photos. It doesn't bother him, he knows this means something to them, he appreciates their support, and think it's generous of his time off stage to do that. He even hinted on here if you can figure out what hotel a band is staying in, it's probably the best way to meet them. It doesn't hurt to bring a few female friends and a small bag of "glacuoma medicine". I wouldn't advise bringing a girlfriend you're just getting to know though.

First logical response in this very thread. Axl sought the fame and attention. Comes with the territory now.

Thank you!

And seriously - I'm not even complaining about him not doing it. If he doesn't want to be fan friendly, it is his life/career and he can do whatever he wants. BUT a lot of celebrities who are a lot bigger than him, do treat their fans with respect, and don't mind signing autographs or taking pictures with the people who helped make them rich!!!!!

My irritant is with the Nutters who defend everything Axl does. Who say it is perfectly normal to tell your fans to get the f*ck away from them, to not sign autographs, etc. That say it is the fans fault for asking him for an autograph and what a crappy life Axl must live, to get hounded by fans when he goes out in public.

Can't put out a record - it's the label's fault

Can't put out a video - it's somebody elses fault

Can't sign an autograph - it's because the fans are rude

Can't sell out a show - it's because of the economy

Can't sell the same amount of cds as before - it's because nobody is buying cds now

YET......none of this seems to effect other bands. Who are able to put out records on a regular basis, they put out videos, they sign autographs, they sell out shows and they sell millions of cds. Weird.

10000000000+

Now if everyone would do the same including the that knome up there dirtydane :fuckyou: besides he'll sign your autograph next time I'm sure.

Dude. Shut the fuck up.

Its obvious that 99% of the time axl can't stand being around fans. Its redic bcuz he hardly has any these days. Don't give me a hard time bcuz im telling the truth. Bluntly, maybe. But the truth none the less.

Fool, please :rolleyes: go somewhere and sit down and take a few before going to bed :crazy: , and that's subjective with the "hardly has any these days" parts, there's plenty of folks who would line up to see or get his autograph. That's the point, so let me explain it too you so you can comprehend, all you said was subjective/opinion, I know what I said was sarcasm but yet what I said at first was the truth, in agreement the other poster NONE of knows what is going on in his head at ANY time. To the other guy,bs112 who said for him to take the heat or get out the kitchen, true but then again, he'd just go away AGAIN for another 8 or 10 or however long and the fans would miss out on him again. That said hopefully he has found a nice balance in regards to this, if he hasn't before already.

Nice to see you too groghan and younggun, didn't expect ya'll :sleeper::rofl-lol:

This is why I hate threads like this, it shows that we are hard up for any update and threads like this (not going at the OP's head or anything) but when it's subjective, all the darts get thrown out. I could imagine the few years right before CD came out, this place must have been like Bonanza around here haha! :lol:

Like the other guy said, he's seen/been through ALOT I'm sure, (stuff that isn't our business) and given how the industry works/chews up and out folks, he's probably counting/treading his blessings though, maybe happily, maybe with a little sadness, then again who knows.... :ph34r:

Edited by Nicc

10000000000+

Dude. Shut the fuck up.

Fool, please :rolleyes: go somewhere and sit down and take a few before going to bed :crazy: , and that's subjective with the "hardly has any these days" parts, there's plenty of folks who would line up to see or get his autograph. That's the point, so let me explain it too you so you can comprehend, all you said was subjective/opinion, I know what I said was sarcasm but yet what I said at first was the truth, in agreement the other poster NONE of knows what is going on in his head at ANY time. To the other guy,bs112 who said for him to take the heat or get out the kitchen, true but then again, he'd just go away AGAIN for another 8 or 10 or however long and the fans would miss out on him again. That said hopefully he has found a nice balance in regards to this, if he hasn't before already.

Nice to see you too groghan and younggun, didn't expect ya'll :sleeper::rofl-lol:

This is why I hate threads like this, it shows that we are hard up for any update and threads like this (not going at the OP's head or anything) but when it's subjective, all the darts get thrown out. I could imagine the few years right before CD came out, this place must have been like Bonanza around here haha! :lol:

Like the other guy said, he's seen/been through ALOT I'm sure, (stuff that isn't our business) and given how the industry works/chews up and out folks, he's probably counting/treading his blessings though, maybe happily, maybe with a little sadness, then again who knows.... :ph34r:

Nice to see you too xx

St. Anger and just recently Lulu.

But I forgive them.

Load, Reload, St. Anger, Lulu, S&M, Garage Inc, Napster, short hair, sell outs, Lars.

:P

Edited by Young_Gun

THIS. It reminds me of that interview Baz did awhile back where he's talking about how sometimes Axl will carry on about how things are so rough and Baz just ends up telling him " But dude, YOU SIGNED UP FOR THIS! You wanted to rock..."

Now I could see getting pissed off if you're at a restaurant or something trying to eat and people are coming up to you. Some people are actually that rude when it comes to celebrities.

THIS. It reminds me of that interview Baz did awhile back where he's talking about how sometimes Axl will carry on about how things are so rough and Baz just ends up telling him " But dude, YOU SIGNED UP FOR THIS! You wanted to rock..."

Now I could see getting pissed off if you're at a restaurant or something trying to eat and people are coming up to you. Some people are actually that rude when it comes to celebrities.

Metallica didn't always do that.

Baz sees things from a whole other POV because he's playing clubs and lost his home. He even tells fans on Twitter where he's going to be hanging out. I think he enjoys the interaction more than Axl does.

What's part of the job, to schmooze with the fans, pose for pics, and sign autographs? He seems to be in the mood to do it sometimes. There's people who don't do it, or say they only do it for charity. Everyone is a fan of someone, and some of them have said they would never dream of approaching their idol for an autograph. I'm sure Axl has all sorts of memorabilia given to him, including guitars from bona fide rock legends, but he prob just has it collecting dust in a storage unit. Maybe he gave that stuff to Beta & her family to have.

Fans won't hassle Axl for autographs. They're going to be polite about it. Only collectors do that "you owe us, you owe the fans" shit.