Faith No More pulled out of Rock The City 2012

realpoti

Some days ago 'The Cult' announced an european tour, which included a date with Guns N' Roses and Faith No More at Rock The City Festival (Bucharest). One day after this, the festival press conference announced these names in order: Faith No More, Guns 'n Roses, Machine Head, Black Label Society, The Cult, Ugly Kid Joe, Godsmack, Offspring, Within Temptation, Saxon, Pentagram, Sweet Savage, Lost Prophets. (As you can see on Google Cache using this page http://www.rockxpress.ro/prezentari/rtc2012.html). Now, Faith No More is gone from the list.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I know a guy who lives in Romenia (know him through Last.fm); he said the real cause of this is because Faith No More refused to open for Gn'R, they wanted to headline. And Gn'R will never open for FNM either. Since they're trying to get Ozzy & Friends to headline one day and Gn'R to headline another, FNM is probably getting out empty-handed. They're still trying to get them to play, negotiations are still in place.

I know most people don't give a fuck about it, but these are my two favorite bands and it would be really cool to see them playing the same festival. From some interviews I read, Patton dislikes Axl on so many levels that this would make some sense.

i don't believe this rumour at all. GNR is a joke to most people these days, and I think Faith No More could care less about GNR. Tell your friend in Romaina ( :rofl-lol: ) to stop making shit up.

Yeah GNR is a joke man. Just coming off hugely succesful arena tour and their UCAP tour. They are playing 3 hour sets cram packed with everything from classics to their new hits. GNR a joke? Please. People that think this are retarded.

i don't believe this rumour at all. GNR is a joke to most people these days, and I think Faith No More could care less about GNR. Tell your friend in Romaina ( :rofl-lol: ) to stop making shit up.

Yeah GNR is a joke man. Just coming off hugely succesful arena tour and their UCAP tour. They are playing 3 hour sets cram packed with everything from classics to their new hits. GNR a joke? Please. People that think this are retarded.

I love GNR, but did you just call that arena tour "hugely successful?" haha. Really?

Yeah gotta say the Arena tour was bad in terms of ticket sales. You cannot deny the half empty arena photos. but UCAP tour has been amazing, no doubt. I would'nt say gnr is a joke, but as in terms of recording artists, they have no argument to defend what so ever, great touring band tho !

He didn't say they were a joke, but that most people do. ;)

Also, as much as I love Guns N' Roses and support the current line-up, I'd hardly call the 2011 tour hugely successful. It had respectable ticket tales but that's it.

No matter how poorly received Axl and his band are, the notion of Faith No More deserving the headlining spot in a festival is ridiculous.

They headlined Download, Roskilde, Nova Rock, Rock In Idro, Pukkelpop, Reading & Leeds and now are scheduled to headline Sonisphere UK and FR. I don't think you're quite right on this one. Here In Brazil their show at SWU Festival (where they also headlined) was much more successful than Gn'R at Rock In Rio.

Some people seem to forget that FNM was a lot bigger in other countries than they were in the states (which is prob why the USA hasn't gotten a FNM tour). Saying they don't deserve a headline spot is ridiculous, imo. I don't understand why they couldn't do a co-headline show.

Some people seem to forget that FNM was a lot bigger in other countries than they were in the states (which is prob why the USA hasn't gotten a FNM tour). Saying they don't deserve a headline spot is ridiculous, imo. I don't understand why they couldn't do a co-headline show.

They were much better received at Download Festival than Gn'R. No bottles of piss and Patton didn't leave the stage. They are huge in South American (like Gn'R) and they still do pretty good in Europe. They're not mainstream, they never were to begin with, but it is a respectable band (even Axl liked them back in the day).

Also, as much as I love Guns N' Roses and support the current line-up, I'd hardly call the 2011 tour hugely successful. It had respectable ticket tales but that's it.

I'm convinced they could have done better with ticket sales if the marketing wasn't virtually non-existent and if RIR never happened. Also a lot of people, especially the older fans of which there are many, simply can't attend concerts that finish around 3 AM.

Bands back out of festival shows for any number of reasons.

I now get why GNR toured so much in the early 90s- the writing was on the wall that the band was over once it was done.

Billy and Roddy are on Twitter, so ask them. They'd prob be amused by the rumor, or might shock you by confirming it.

They headlined Reading & Leeds

This is actually not true. GNR did but FNM did not. Although FNM were absolutely fantastic at Reading. Reading is a more mainstream festival than Download and GNR has their few crossover hits in addition to their legendary status which makes them more viable for the headline slot at a festival like that.

Edited by Chinaski

I now get why GNR toured so much in the early 90s- the writing was on the wall that the band was over once it was done.

What??

writing?...wall?

Might be easier to say that now in hindsight,but in the early 90's they were poised to be the next Rolling Stones...and could have easily claimed that title.

No matter how poorly received Axl and his band are, the notion of Faith No More deserving the headlining spot in a festival is ridiculous.

They headlined at Donington in 2009 and were a huge success so I'm not sure what you're getting at.