A way to release CD II..

Russel Nash

Assuming that the problem for which we do not hear new music is for lack of money. The record companies do not invest in rock music anymore because they believe it`s not a safe bet.

If this is the case, I think I have the solution.

For some time I have been following this website called http://www.kickstarter.com :

"Kickstarter is the world's largest Funding platform for creative projects. Every week, tens of Thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields."

A notable example is the following article from Forbes magazine:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/14/how-double-fine-raised-3-3-million-on-kickstarter-and-changed-game-financing-forever/

From this project, which it raised over 3.3 million on an audience totally outside the mainstream gamers, other projects are raising millions based on the same philosophy.

The plan is that we found the project, the new music, the distribution if necessary based on his system.

Kickstarter never run into a giant like Guns N Roses, all projects are underground/indie projects. I think we can raise millions in a blink of an eye and incidentally make a before and after in the music industry. Money talks..

Can you imagine how much money we can get for the Project? How many of us we would be willing to pay a lot for new music and extras?

I hope someone on the GNR Camp are considering such moves if money is the problem.

What are your thoughts about this?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that the problem for which we do not hear new music is for lack of money. The record companies do not invest in rock music anymore because they believe it`s not a safe bet.

If this is the case, I think I have the solution.

For some time I have been following this website called http://www.kickstarter.com :

"Kickstarter is the world's largest Funding platform for creative projects. Every week, tens of Thousands of amazing people pledge millions of dollars to projects from the worlds of music, film, art, technology, design, food, publishing and other creative fields."

A notable example is the following article from Forbes magazine:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/14/how-double-fine-raised-3-3-million-on-kickstarter-and-changed-game-financing-forever/

From this project, which it raised over 3.3 million on an audience totally outside the mainstream gamers, other projects are raising millions based on the same philosophy.

The plan is that we found the project, the new music, the distribution if necessary based on his system.

Kickstarter never run into a giant like Guns N Roses, all projects are underground/indie projects. I think we can raise millions in a blink of an eye and incidentally make a before and after in the music industry. Money talks..

Can you imagine how much money we can get for the Project? How many of us we would be willing to pay a lot for new music and extras?

I hope someone on the GNR Camp are considering such moves if money is the problem.

What are your thoughts about this?

The problem with your theory as the follows:

1. Axl have enough money for about 10 full length albums.

2. They have a record deal

3. we can get any money from GNR?????? wtf? why we are steal Axl?

1. Really??? How do you know that?? are you an insider or you work in a bank perhaps?

2. They have a record deal, but it seems that they don't have the support needed to release an album without the original lineup (Chinese Democracy?)

3. Do you read my post??????????? Read again please... Click on the links..

For one Guns has a record deal. 2nd your statement that record companies don't invest in rock is completely false. Just because they are not willing to invest millions more into Axl's Nuguns. Fact is Chinese was a commercial failure (doesn't mean it wasn't a record record because it was) largely due to Axl not promoting it. Another fact is there is no mystique with this album like Chinese. IMO Axl will have a hard time getting the label to support another album w/o him being willing to promote the shit out of it. Axl is very talented and makes great music but w/ this incarnation t's just not the commercial draw as w/ Slash and Duff and the industry knows that. Also who would invest in new music when Axl did so little to promote the last album? That's a huge gamble

LOLWUT

I think we can raise millions in a blink of an eye and incidentally make a before and after in the music industry. Money talks..

Who is WE?

We aren't GNR. We are "only" fans

I never said that we are GNR. WE(the fans) put money on the GNR project and not only will we be part of the process, but also receive the music and Some extras ...

I know that the concept can be confusing, but please check the projects on the site and you will understand.

LMAO at records labels not investing in Rock music.

I guess U2, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Nickelback, Metallica, etc, are not releasing successful records lately, right?

Labels just don't invest in commercial failures. That's why you didn't see a single music video and more singles off CD.

Edited by JKKDARK

The problem with your theory as the follows:

1. Axl have enough money for about 10 full length albums.

2. They have a record deal

1. Really??? How do you know that?? are you an insider or you work in a bank perhaps?

2. They have a record deal, but it seems that they don't have the support needed to release an album without the original lineup (Chinese Democracy?)

3. Do you read my post??????????? Read again please... Click on the links..

1. I guess, because Axl is a frontman of worlds biggest rockband ever. Maybe he got enough money from year by year for some albums..

2. How nice... You suck Axl's theory isn't it?

3. Yes I read. I don't see any fantasy about this.

1. That´s some logic right there..

2. Yes, do you have another one to share? With some real evidence please?, we don´t want to go to the "i guess" zone again...

3. I don´t think so.

If you don´t see the fantasy, change the channel. This thread is not for you. :)

I guess U2, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Nickelback, Metallica, etc, are not releasing successful records lately, right?

Labels just don't invest in commercial failures. That's why you didn't see a single music video and more singles off CD.

I want quality, like Chinese Democracy, i don´t care about commercial releases, i dont give a fuck about labels, bon jovi and nickelback, they can keep the videos and the radio. They don´t fuck my ears.

I think this is a brilliant idea, but I do not think that Kickstarter should be used, because they should not be able to promote themselves through Guns and take a commission of the donations they'd generate, because quite frankly, GNR would be doing their site more of a favor than they'd be helping GNR. But I do think GNR should follow their model, and simply make it possible for fans to send donations to fund the release of the next few albums, thus bypassing the record company's input and allowing Axl to simply run his band the way he wants it run. He could effectively cut out the record industry middle man, and we could pledge our financial support to Guns directly.

I want quality, like Chinese Democracy, i don´t care about commercial releases, i dont give a fuck about labels, bon jovi and nickelback, they can keep the videos and the radio. They don´t fuck my ears.

So you don't think Axl is capable enough of a song writer and musician to create more than one album every 15 years?

That's where u and I are different. I think he is a fantastic song writer, and that Axl is more than capable to produce an amazing album every 3 years.

I have so much faith in his abilities that I bet the middle band could have released the entire rumored trilogy (three albums over the decade) and that Axl could have worked with the current group and created an album with them.

I think those four albums would have been fantastic.......

On a side note, were you mad when the old band put out the Illusions at the same time? Since they released 30 songs at once, did stadium tours, released about 10 singles and videos from those albums....since that was all commercially driven, I assumed you hated it. You would have preferred they would have just released an 8 sing ep, with no singles or videos and no other album for a decade.

You have to laugh at people who think that artistic integrity only applies to those artists who only release music on rare occasion. And that having a positive relationship with your fans means they are a sell out.

there's no demand for cd2

Wrong.

Is it? Outside these forums, there really isn't a lot of anticipation for another nu guns album. I don't think the label believes in the nu band in terms of new material either...

Not trying to be a dick, but the probability is in favor of the above statement.

Wrong.

Is it? Outside these forums, there really isn't a lot of anticipation for another nu guns album. I don't think the label believes in the nu band in terms of new material either...

Not trying to be a dick, but the probability is in favor of the above statement.

That is quite simply not true. My co-workers and family and friends all ask me about Chinese Democracy II. I keep them regularly updated. It always seems to be a hot topic of conversation wherever I go.

you're a retard. Learn how to speak English or shut up. Seriously.

Is this necessary? Some here aren't fluent in English,I am but I blame Alcohol for my fuckups.

Thinking this is either the WFSE guy or that "Bare Thwaps Robberie" guy.

that's your opinion.. And even if you disagree on CD II, this can be used for any project of the band.

Uh, yes, that's why every interviewer asks that to every band member - including Axl. gnr2012 is totally right.

Edited by Bruno Poeys

IMO the only sensible way to release the next album would be to start playing new songs live and get the ball rolling again. To redeem themselves after CD they need a new kick-ass song that a LOT of people like (not saying it has the be "generic" though) and the only way to do that is to start putting it out there again like they did in the post 00's shows. If the songs good enough and there is a large enough demand for it then the chips will automatically fall in place. :shrugs:

I do think a simple rocker with clear riff and clear understandable lyrics...wait that sounds like selling out to me. Some people just have the magic touch, Dj is one of these people. I think anything he does will be accessible the same way most of what Slash does people don't question.

I think they should "leak" Jackie Chan before the european tour.

I do think a simple rocker with clear riff and clear understandable lyrics...wait that sounds like selling out to me.

Well, yes I suppose. I guess all you really need is a catchy riff and relatable lyrics (like SCOM) but it also needs a unique element imo. The perfect song would be just generic enough to be accepted by large variety of people but inventive and unique enough so that people can't just turn around and say, "Man, that's cheesy" or "That's so generic, no originality what-so-ever. Axl's selling out!"

But that's expecting too much, we don't after all live in a perfect world. :rolleyes:

I think this is a brilliant idea, but I do not think that Kickstarter should be used, because they should not be able to promote themselves through Guns and take a commission of the donations they'd generate, because quite frankly, GNR would be doing their site more of a favor than they'd be helping GNR. But I do think GNR should follow their model, and simply make it possible for fans to send donations to fund the release of the next few albums, thus bypassing the record company's input and allowing Axl to simply run his band the way he wants it run. He could effectively cut out the record industry middle man, and we could pledge our financial support to Guns directly.

I tottaly agree.

Are fans really willing to risk their money by funding a new GN'R record? You are aware how much money was spent on getting CD barely out?

And it's not like it costs that much to release music if you are just willing to break away from the traditional music industry model. The band already has access to producers, studios, etc from their own band members. Just follow the Bumblefoot trail and release the music online for downloading. Bypass the whole music industry. And finance the record yourselves.

Are fans really willing to risk their money by funding a new GN'R record? You are aware how much money was spent on getting CD barely out?

And it's not like it costs that much to release music if you are just willing to break away from the traditional music industry model. The band already has access to producers, studios, etc from their own band members. Just follow the Bumblefoot trail and release the music online for downloading. Bypass the whole music industry. And finance the record yourselves.

I would, after all it's like buying the record. For those how put money on it get rewards, music, posters, artwork, etc.

If an indie adventure game managed to raise the sum of 3.3 million in a few days, GNR could break records don`t you think?

I would, after all it's like buying the record.

No, it is like investing in the release of a future record. In other words there is a risk attached which is not there when you buy a record in the store. And with Guns N' Roses, this risk is significant considering how drawn out the process of CD was.

In addition, how much are you willing to pay for the record? By granting them money they are free to spend it on ridiculous studio costs and stupendous waste. If the band rather spend the money themselves and pay for the release out of their own pocket, you ensure that the production will be as cost-effective as possible, or at least ensure that no one else pays for the waste, maximising the possibility for a low cost on the final product. Which you are then free to buy with no risk at all.

Again, the band can do this easily and with low cost if they so desire. There is no need for naive fans to waste their own money on a potential hole in the ground.

Edited by SoulMonster