Slash says Guns N Roses will not play at the RNRHOF

ApocalypticLove

No, but I'm sure Axl does decide whether or not they perform. Who is the one that went on a rant of hatred about a reunion and Slash and such just 3 years ago? Gee, I wonder who wasn't willing to do it...

Slash was being straight forward to the fans and telling them how it is, after months of speculation. The only decision he made was to inform us of what is up. That's to be commended, not criticized.

It's to be commended that he is shooting down any chance of a performance without talking to any other members of the band first???

Whatever.

I'm sure some kind of communication has taken place from December until now, whether it'd be person to person, or management, etc.

Again, I'm confident he got a solid no by some means before shutting it down completely.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure some kind of communication has taken place from December until now, whether it'd be person to person, or management, etc.

Again, I'm confident he got a solid no by some means before shutting it down completely.

Again, you're not sure of anything.

Why would he contradict himself in the same interview if he had contact with Axl?

Then why is it Slash that is shooting down any chance?

Axl isn't the one that said they had no chance of playing now, is he?

That's what I thought.

The bit I'm focusing on is...

“And we’re not playing. I would imagine that they asked us to play but I know that we’re not playing.

What does that even mean?! Who is the "us" they asked if you are ambiguous about whether or not they asked you? You know you're not playing because that was partially you're decision or did someone tell you you can't/won't play?

Am I just reading into it too much? It seems like a weird thing to say...

I think it's just weirdly/badly written...."I could be positive Steven will be there" is also odd sounding.

You know people in real conversations don't tend to carefully word every sentence to be grammatically correct?

1) He obviously means that the HOF would have asked Guns to play, but that he knows they are not going to.

2) He knows Steven would die before he'd pass this up.

Yeah, but sometimes grammar gets cleaned up by the journalist in the article.

Well considering Slash has no animosity with the other members of the band and has very little to loose by performing at this its hard to imagine him being the reason its not going to happen.

My guess is Axl, through management, has declined to perform, at the end of the day he is still touring under the band name so has way more to loose by doing a one off with the old line up.

Whilst disappointing its not at all surprising.

Why would he contradict himself in the same interview if he had contact with Axl?

You really believe that there hasn't even been manager to manager contact about a performance between December and now? By the way, gullible's written on the ceiling.

He said they haven't talked, doesn't mean their managers haven't.

Edited by BS11290

Four reasons they're not playing:

1. No matter how good they would be, it would be a let down.

2. Steven Adler.

3. They all have other projects.

4. Every one of those guys dreads going into an interview and being asked about when they're getting back together. This would only increase that.

You really don't believe that there hasn't even been manager to manager contact about a performance between December and now? By the way, gullible's written on the ceiling.

I think you're kind of missing the point. There is a difference between you think or would guess has happened, and what you KNOW for a fact has happened. None of us know ANYTHING for a fact. And without knowing anything for a fact as to whose decision it was, whether or not it was person's decision or multiple parties' choice, the blame is being automatically shifted to one party.

Ali

In a perfect world they would play together but hey this isn't a perfect world so there you have....Like Slash once said, it is what it is..

Axl doesn't want to play cause he doesn't want to jeopardise what he now has with the new Guns, sad but true...

:shrugs:

You really don't believe that there hasn't even been manager to manager contact about a performance between December and now? By the way, gullible's written on the ceiling.

I think you're kind of missing the point. There is a difference between you think or would guess has happened, and what you KNOW for a fact has happened. None of us know ANYTHING for a fact. And without knowing anything for a fact as to whose decision it was, whether or not it was person's decision or multiple parties' choice, the blame is being automatically shifted to one party.

Ali

I get that I don't know anything for a fact.

But you don't need CSI to realize Axl's refusal is the reason this is not happening.

You know people in real conversations don't tend to carefully word every sentence to be grammatically correct?

1) He obviously means that the HOF would have asked Guns to play, but that he knows they are not going to.

2) He knows Steven would die before he'd pass this up.

Yes but even if it wasn't a properly worded and grammatically correct answer, I still think it's a bit odd.

1) So did he mean that HOF would have asked (might ask in the future/would have asked but haven't) Guns to play but the decision not to has already been made? And if so by whom? Or does it mean that they did ask Guns to play but they said no. If so, then again, who did the ask and who made the decision? He doesn't imply that they asked him directly.

The only thing I get from this is that there has been minimal-no communication on the matter and he will turn up not prepared for a performance (with Guns at least).

2) Don't really care. We all know Steven will be there (he's there already! :P).

EDIT: You know what? I'm probably reading too much into it...

Edited by KiraMPD

Ali

But you don't need CSI to realize Axl's refusal is the reason this is not happening.

To know for sure you do need to know the facts. Facts are what create certainty. Speculation and intuition do not.

Ali

You really believe that there hasn't even been manager to manager contact about a performance between December and now? By the way, gullible's written on the ceiling.

Doesn't mean that they have either.

The only fact there is is that you're as clueless on the subject as I am on whether management has had any contact.

Slash saying that they haven't talked implies more that management hasn't been involved more than it implies that it has though.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

They ARE gonna blame Axl. That's a fact.

Sad and pathetic, but true.

See below.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

Because it is his fault they aren't playing.

The whole world knows the 6 other guys would be fine playing a few songs, but Axl is the one who won't participate. He will take some flack for it, and rightfully so.

Then why is it Slash that is shooting down any chance?

Axl isn't the one that said they had no chance of playing now, is he?

That's what I thought.

You think Slash wouldn't play a few songs with GNR at the show if Axl wanted to? Are you kidding?

Slash doesnt seem to give a shit and has repeatedly said he would not play with Axl again unless Axl changed his ways. I dont think its as simple as how many people make out that Slash is desperate and Axl is the one refusing at all times.

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

This. Anyone that thought they would play is delusional.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

I'm sure that they'll still try to find a way to blame Axl though, he seems to be their favorite scapegoat for everything.

How is it Slash's fault? He's just answering the question... lets be honest, does anyone really believe that anyone of the guys getting inducted would not want to preform besides Axl?

I think he has more to worry about than dressing up.

He'll have to take off his casual top hat and put on his slightly taller formal top hat.

He should have Perla wear a low cut dress to distract us.

You can bet the girls will be hanging out lol!

Ali

To know for sure you do need to know the facts. Facts are what create certainty. Speculation and intuition do not.

Ali

Yes Judge Judy, I know. And I never stated it was fact. Actually, I stated that it wasn't in my previous post. Damn_Smooth was the one stating it was Slash that's the one putting the performance to a kaput, when really all he was doing was informing us of the situation.

But I think we all know deep down that Axl was the stop light to this.

Anybody that thought Axl would play with the former members as a whole band under the GNR name is seriously tripping.

It's even funnier that the news came from Slash because now it's their heroes's fault.

How is it Slash's fault? He's just answering the question... lets be honest, does anyone really believe that anyone of the guys getting inducted would not want to preform besides Axl?

Im sure they would want to perform but I dont think they would reform at whatever cost. They all left for a reason apart from Steven and, to a man all said that the reason was Axl Rose. I disagree that every ex member is desperate to reunite and would give their left ball to do so. Remember that to them Axl is not this mythical genius that he is to some fans. To the old guys who lived and worked with him every single day he is just an unprofessional, ginger pain in the fucking ass who cost them all thousands and thousands of dollars every night by going on stage late.

Just because a lot of posters here can't move on with their lives doesn't mean the same for former members.

Slash has tried to make it pretty clear that he doesn't miss Axl, or GN'R. It's not his fault that his fanbase won't listen to him, but it is his fault for shooting down any chance of playing without talking to the rest of the band. He's only sure of Steven showing up.

How much contact have you fooled yourself into believing he has had?

Doesn't mean that they have either.

The only fact there is is that you're as clueless on the subject as I am on whether management has had any contact.

Slash saying that they haven't talked implies more that management hasn't been involved more than it implies that it has though.

And that to me implies that Axl and Slash themselves haven't talked face to face, or man to man about their game plans. Doesn't mean their managers weren't talking to each other in terms of a performance. Each to their own.

I'm confident that Slash wouldn't throw a solid no to a performance, unless a solid no was given to him. NOTHING in this article means, or indicates he's the one refusing to play. He's just the messenger in this scenario.

Edited by BS11290

Who caressssss... gawd. Even if the original band was reuniting on stage, they wouldn't talk about it so damned much. They'd probably surprise everyone by doing it.

This would be light years better if everyone just shut up about it, even if they don't perform. It would be awesome to see them all performing again for a one-off type deal, but instead, we get meaningless articles with as much ambiguity as a political address.

"Yeah, well, you know, it would be cool to play together. We're thinking about it, but it ultimately probably won't happen unless it actually does. I think that if someone wanted it to happen, it might happen, but not before someone else says it happens and we all get together and say it happens too." I mean, shut the fuck up already.