Matt Sorum on R&R HOF: We'll all be sitting at the same table. It will be a great night.

Original GNR

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171622

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum spoke to Billboard.com about the band's upcoming induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.

The 27th annual ceremony will be held on April 14 in Cleveland, Ohio, home to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame And Museum. Also scheduled to be inducted are RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, BEASTIE BOYS, THE SMALL FACES/FACES, Donovan and Laura Nyro. Freddie King well enter the Hall Of Fame as an Early Influence, while the late producer and TV host Don Kirshner will receive the Ahmet Ertegun (nonperformer) Award and producers Cosimo Matassa, Tom Dowd and Glyn Johns will receive the Award For Musical Excellence.

The ceremony will be taped for broadcast by HBO, which plans to air it in early May.

"We're all sitting at the same table, so it should be cool," Sorum told Billboard.com. "After we get a little bit of food in us, hopefully someone will get up and want to play, but I don't know. I'm not the guy to ask. I just hope it works out."

Sorum, who joined the band in 1990 following the dismissal of Steven Adler, said that "there's no real plans" regarding a possible performance of the classic GN'R lineup at the induction but added that the uncertainty is "in tradition, GUNS N' ROSES style."

"I feel great about [being inducted]," he said. "I'm glad I made the cut. I don't know who that secret society is that votes you into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, but I'm glad I have some friends in there, somehow. The original band got in and I got in and [keyboardist] Dizzy Reed and that's it, seven of us. It'll be a great night."

Sorum told Australia's The Vine in December he's hoping for the best but prepared for the worst when the band gets inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in April. Sorum said, "It's going to be as big of a train wreck as the SEX PISTOLS, BLONDIE, or any of those other bands. That's my prediction. Or VAN HALEN, which I don't know if you saw, but we [VELVET REVOLVER] were involved in that. Train wreck; it was a complete train wreck. But maybe it won't; maybe it will be a miracle; I hope for that and put out the positive vibrations."

Although singer Axl Rose was ambivalent in a VH1 interview about reuniting with his old GUNS bandmates at the induction, Sorum added that he's wary of making predictions about the big night. He explained, "It's better if I just go, 'I don't know shit.' Which is the absolute truth. They could be in a room right now . . . and I wouldn't be invited, you know what I'm saying?"

Least he is candid and in good spirits about the whole thing. Kudos. Matt is a likeable guy.

Weird that. I used to think the guy was a pretentious knob but he actually seems like an alright bloke these days.

On the Illusion tour way back when they called a restaurant a friend of mine worked at to have them stay open late for the band (minus Axl) and some crew to eat dinner. My friend was part of the wait staff and said that Sorum was by far the nicest band or crew member there.

Here, I'll save somebody the effort---------

Cool

Story

Bro

i can't wait for this event. not for the reunion. but to stop this kind of news.

"we'll be there"

"we'll sit together"

"we'll eat"

"we'll drink"

"we'll dress up as Teletubbies"

really, that doesn't matter. i have no problem with matt, but as he said. he simply has no power to decide anything. they could be deciding right now and he wouldn't have a clue.

axl won't talk shit, and maybe it's the best thing he could do. slash clearly believes that they won't play, it won't happen. that's the kind of statement we need. some people still believe they will play. if that happens, axl or slash won't be on stage. that's certain.

Least he is candid and in good spirits about the whole thing. Kudos. Matt is a likeable guy.

Weird that. I used to think the guy was a pretentious knob but he actually seems like an alright bloke these days.

I noticed that in the last couple of years too. He doesn't take himself too seriously and is always up for a laugh. Good on him. I like his drumming too, nice and solid. I prefer Adler or Brain, but still a great rock drummer.

Edited by Young_Gun