So what is your opinion on the new logo revealed for the UK leg advert?

gunsguy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, it is interesting to see that there is nothing that relates to Chinese Democracy tour on the new logo..

Wouldn't look too far into it, I think the 2010 European posters didn't feature the Chinese Democracy moniker either...

402579_10150565006949690_259812949689_9191690_779038675_n.jpg

220px-Tombstoneposter.jpeg

Val Kilmer seriously rocked this movie out.

He was good in The Island of Dr Moreau with Brando I thought. that movie seemed fly under the radar.

Superb Actor,IMO blew me away in The Doors Movie,even though Oliver Stone's take on Morrison was a bit limited.

Caught a movie last night on one of my 280 channels of shit to choose from,I half-assed watched it,title of "Saltine Sea?" Lots of druggie scenes,and playing a trumpet inside a flaming room. Good movie.

Was imbibing a bit,that title may/may not be correct due to Alcohol Goggles.

Edited by sailaway

I think might be The Saltine Sea? but I haven't seen it. but I'll look in to it. I saw Young Adult. Charlie Theron in the role of her life. Stone really just did the myth of Jim which he got into as a fan. a true life bio pic might have got ugly.

I think might be The Saltine Sea? but I haven't seen it. but I'll look in to it. I saw Young Adult. Charlie Theron in the role of her life. Stone really just did the myth of Jim which he got into as a fan. a true life bio pic might have got ugly.

Stone played off the "Shaman/Sex God" Angle,really not covering that JDM was raised as a military brat,a very transitory upbringing,with his father being An Admiral of a Warship during the Vietnam war,Jim also intentionally estranged and seperated himself from his family,declaring them dead.

Also left out JM's wide range of literary pursuit,touched briefly on his UCLA days,and neglected to mention JM's 147 genius IQ.

I'm still dyin to figure out the font. I swear I've seen that font somewhere else, but I haven't found an exact or close match yet. It looks like Led Zeppelin meets Bob Seger (album cover fonts), with a hint of Western movie bar scene, and just a touch of psychedelia.

41hZJP0ljOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg202883071.jpgjulian-casablancas-phrazes-for-the-young-album-artwork-43752.jpeg

Above I mentioned psychedelia, well I'm not trippin, check these out. I don't know how often revolver (gun) images are omitted in GnR's official artwork, but notice the new artwork just has skulls and roses, no guns. I thought that was interesting.

There's another band who uses skull and roses imagery:

RP508~Grateful-Dead-Skeleton-Roses-Posters.jpg418Knz06y%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

edit: swapped one of the picture urls

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre